Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AndyAA
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:09 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Does American Airlines have a Flagship First Class Suites lounge at MIA in Conc. E?

Departed 6 minutes early, estimated arrival 6 minutes early. The lax connection was tight, but we haven't heard from the OP so we can presume the 30 min connection worked out.

The lounge access question will soon be answered...
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz President Circle
Does AA really have a transcontinental flight with three-class service going between MIA and LAX? I thought they were only doing JFK to LAX or SFO and vice versa. The only way you can get into the lounge are listed below. If it is not a three-class airplane with distinct coach, business, and first "fares", then you won't be able to get in ... if it is ... then yes .... cavaet emptor ...

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...hipLounges.jsp

+-ADT
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tegelad
Does AA really have a transcontinental flight with three-class service going between MIA and LAX?
Yes. There have been 1-2 daily 777s sold as three class between the two cities pretty consistently for about a decade or more now.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Absolutely, positively not. Your interpretation is quite emphatic, but quite incorrect.

This:

MEANS, this:

"Customers traveling on an AA operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket may access the lounge.'

AND

"...Admirals Club members* departing from Concourse E may access the lounge.

It's most definitely not the way you read/describe it.
I read it the same way as you, but this wouldn't be FlyerTalk without incorrect information.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by LPDAL
Coming to ya'll live from the Admiral's Club at D30 in Miami!

[image skipped to save space/bandwitch]

Thanks for all the help, guys!

-LPDAL
Wait, so you weren't able to access the lounge in E?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Wait, so you weren't able to access the lounge in E?
- While the old Flagship (no closed) at MIA was nice, the Premium lounge in E is not even close. Yes, there is some open bar and more food vs. Admirals Club but the food options are not particularly exciting. Also, the E lounge is in desperate need for new furniture and remodeling.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
So how'd it go?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation

A reminder:

12.2 Avoid Getting Personal (in part)

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.
Persistence in violating this Rule is likely to lead to a holiday from FlyerTalk.

/Moderator
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Respected and accepted-- 100% your business.

Though... might I suggest next time you dip into that savings account, buy AAdv miles and use them on a similar trip on Cathay in First? Even if just YVR-JFK. I think you'll find it's "better in every single way." YMMV!
If one has a whole weekend, they can take a Friday afternoon redeye to Hong Kong, spend Sunday exploring the city, and take the redeye back home. And given how consistent Cathay is at releasing unsold F seats, it's pretty easy to plan.

I have a ton of excess AA miles and plan on doing this sometime soon in CX F. A fun weekend to myself. I might do an overnight in HKG though.

LPDAL, looking forward to the trip report!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MAH4546
If one has a whole weekend, they can take a Friday afternoon redeye to Hong Kong, spend Sunday exploring the city, and take the redeye back home. And given how consistent Cathay is at releasing unsold F seats, it's pretty easy to plan.
Hey, even better. I've done it a buncha times on RTW tix. Have done far crazier for that matter-- and enjoyed every second of it.

Cathay F is worth it and makes it an adventure. AA F. Mmmm.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Is that the lounge near the US Airways gates?
I was a bit confused.
I asked about buying a 30 day AC membership and was told "no", but they said if I had an AC membership I could use it, IF I was flying out of E.
I am confused because I thought the 30 day AC membership had the same benefits as the annual membership.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Before you get your hopes up, unless you are flying MIA-LAX as a part of an international itinerary, you will NOT have access to the premium lounge in concourse E.

I repeat, you will NOT have access to the premium lounge if you are only flying MIA-LAX without being part of an international itinerary.

The premium lounge is not an Admirals Club nor is it a Flagship Lounge. It is an oneworld lounge operated by AA. In order to access this lounge, you must:

1. Be an Admirals Club member with a gate departing concourse E. No guest.
2. Hold a premium cabin ticket as part of an international itinerary
3. Hold Oneworld Sapphire or Emerald tier elite status excluding AA while on an Oneworld itinerary.
Not according to this website:

"Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge"

http://www.miami-airport.com/vip_premium_lounge.asp
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mmjaysee
Not according to this website:

"Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge"

http://www.miami-airport.com/vip_premium_lounge.asp
Several of us tried to explain this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23555639-post28.html

it didn't work.

Last edited by JonNYC; Sep 21, 2014 at 11:54 am
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:40 pm

I'm traveling MIA-EWR in Jan, Mrs. D is OWE so she and I can enter Premium Lounge regardless of concourse.

We're traveling with our two adult children. IF the flight leaves from concourse E, would Admirals Club One-Day Passes get them in?

I'm guessing, no.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Trip Reports;

American Airlines Flagship Suites First Class Transcontinental, MIA-LAX-MIA - Trip Reports Forum - Flyertalk

AA Flagship Suites First Class 777-200 MIA✈LAX✈MIA - Aviation Trip Reports Forum - Airliners.net

-LPDAL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.