Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AndyAA
MIA / Miami International Airport North Terminal Concourse E Premium Lounge
For Premium customers departing Concourse E on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia and Qatar Airways

Link to aa.com MIA information

Link to MIA airport website

LOCATION: Located in Concourse E just beyond the security checkpoint on the 5th floor

HOURS: See here for hours, conditions, photo montage.

AMENITIES:
  • 6,000 square feet
    • Seating capacity: 120
      • Work stations with HP Compaq dc7900 PCs
        • Complimentary high-speed Internet access,
          • Two TV lounges with flat-panel TVs
            • Children's room with HP PCs outfitted with age-appropriate programming
              • Spa-like showers
                • Complimentary premium liquors, wines and beer
                  • Complimentary coffee, tea, sodas and water
                    • Complimentary lunch, afternoon tea or light supper menu

N.B. Admirals Club members must be departing from Concourse E to access this lounge using their membership. No guest privileges..

The MIA Concourse E AA/BA/IB Premium Lounge is not an Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge, and is not operated as a oneworld lounge; it has its own access rules. <link> and news release <link> . It opened was opened on Feb 22, 2011.

There is no Arrivals or Flagship Lounge at MIA.

...the Miami, the 2011-opened AA, AB, BA, IB Premium lounge is open daily from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and welcomes oneworld eligible International First Class, Business Class and Emerald and Sapphire customers. Customers traveling on an AA-operated transcontinental full fare First Class (F and Z inventory) or full fare Business Class (J and U inventory) ticket, as well as Admirals Club members departing from Concourse E, may also access the lounge (but note there are no guest privileges).
● LAN airlines group operates out of Terminal J and uses Club América as their lounge

Link to Concourse D Admirals Clubs at Gates D15 and D30

Print Wikipost

MIA / Miami Concourse E AA/AB/BA/IB oneworld Premium Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Does American Airlines have a Flagship First Class Suites lounge at MIA in Conc. E?

Hi all,

On Saturday I will be flying in paid American Airlines Flagship Suites First Class () MIA-LAX-MIA and am wondering about the "premium" Flagship Lounge in Concourse E. While an agent confirmed I will be allowed to use both the D and E lounges, on the official AA site it refers to it as a "Premium Lounge" instead of an Admiral's Club with a strange tag-on stating that you can only use this lounge if your flight is departing from CC E. So my question is, what is this "Premium AA Lounge" in MIA and if it is infact a Flagship lounge, will I be able to use it!?

Thanks for all the help ,

-LPDAL
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:25 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LPDAL
Hi all,

On Saturday I will be flying in paid American Airlines Flagship Suites First Class () MIA-LAX-MIA and am wondering about the "premium" Flagship Lounge in Concourse E. While an agent confirmed I will be allowed to use both the D and E lounges, on the official AA site it refers to it as a "Premium Lounge" instead of an Admiral's Club with a strange tag-on stating that you can only use this lounge if your flight is departing from CC E. So my question is, what is this "Premium AA Lounge" in MIA and if it is infact a Flagship lounge, will I be able to use it!?

-LPDAL
As a rule you would have access to the premium lounge, but it does not open until 1pm.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
As a rule you would have access to the premium lounge, but it does not open until 1pm.
Ah. Well then I'll just use it after I pull up to the gate at MIA at 5 PM then.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Hi all,

-LPDAL
Ah. Well then I'll just use it after I pull up to the gate at MIA at 5 PM then.
Same day turn? Enjoy, it's a nice ride and the time I have flown this route in F the crews have been stellar. Also help yourself to PJs in the overhead bins. The F/As won't offer them as they are used on international flights but look above 1A/1D.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Same day turn? Enjoy, it's a nice ride and the time I have flown this route in F the crews have been stellar. Also help yourself to PJs in the overhead bins. The F/As won't offer them as they are used on international flights but look above 1A/1D.
Thanks, will definately do that.

If I may ask one more question...technically my itinerary ends after I deplane the LAX-MIA flight, will I still be able be able to use the Flagship lounge?
Also, I'm 18 and use my driver's license for my ID, and I just saw a review where they leave the alcohol out in the open...Anyway, isn't the age to get in 18? I don't want to drink, but the amount and variety of food they have is simply mouth watering (reminds me of the Lido Deck on the Zuiderdam, Eurodam, Prinsendam, and Noordam ) I am going to be really upset if I don't get to use this lounge considering the ridiculous amount of money I paid for these revenue tickets.

The booking, by the way:

-LPDAL
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Might want to edit that photo.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Thanks, will definately do that.

If I may ask one more question...technically my itinerary ends after I deplane the LAX-MIA flight, will I still be able be able to use the Flagship lounge?
Also, I'm 18 and use my driver's license for my ID, and I just saw a review where they leave the alcohol out in the open...Anyway, isn't the age to get in 18? I don't want to drink, but the amount and variety of food they have is simply mouth watering (reminds me of the Lido Deck on the Zuiderdam, Eurodam, Prinsendam, and Noordam ) I am going to be really upset if I don't get to use this lounge considering the ridiculous amount of money I paid for these revenue tickets.

The booking, by the way:

-LPDAL
Not sure honestly. I certainly can relate to your frustration being turned away from CO Presidents Clubs when flying on BusinessFirst tickets or the NWA Worldclubs at DTW (self service bar) when I was 18-21. I haven't been to the E Premium Lounge in about 18 months and it didn't exist when I was in that age category (it operated as the E AC and a separate FL was operational at the time). I'd simply present your boarding pass but if you present an inbound boarding pass they'll likely ask for an onward connection. Can't hurt to try. Good luck and enjoy.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis First
I've used the premium lounge on arrival without connecting before, not sure the policy, but I've done it twice with no issue. As far as age, no idea, but they only ask for ID half the time, and if they do it's more to check that the BP is yours. Not sure if there is an age policy.

Keep in mind you have use of Flagship checkin, which may not matter if you have Precheck, but might as well get the full experience.

A nice way to do an EQP run. I love taking that flight in F.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Btw, if you don't mind posting a screen shot of the pre-order meal options for these flights, I'm curious what it looks like post Sep 1 meal changes.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by FXEpilot77
Btw, if you don't mind posting a screen shot of the pre-order meal options for these flights, I'm curious what it looks like post Sep 1 meal changes.
MIA-LAX

LAX-MIA

What are the differences between F and J class catering?

-LPDAL
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM

-LPDAL
ZERO
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Hi all,

-LPDAL
To answer your question:

1. Yes definitely you'll be able to use it.
2. Is it worth going all the way over to E though? Most of the flights leave out of D, or the "North" terminal as they call it. It's kind of a hike. I'm not sure you can stay inside security.
3. I think the history is that it used to be a Flagship Lounge, then it closed, and then it re-opened as a shared Oneworld Lounge. It's not officially Flagship, but I think it's nicer than the standard Admiral's club. As in - there's actual food there. However, it looks like you're getting food both ways on the plane... so not sure what you'd gain.

Have fun!
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Basically nothing on this route. At one time F has a slightly enhanced salad course but I think that is long gone.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
MIA-LAX

LAX-MIA

-LPDAL
FYI .. that lunch selection is the same we had in J on a flight from SFO-JFK
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Exclamation

Before you get your hopes up, unless you are flying MIA-LAX as a part of an international itinerary, you will NOT have access to the premium lounge in concourse E.

I repeat, you will NOT have access to the premium lounge if you are only flying MIA-LAX without being part of an international itinerary.

The premium lounge is not an Admirals Club nor is it a Flagship Lounge. It is an oneworld lounge operated by AA. In order to access this lounge, you must:

1. Be an Admirals Club member with a gate departing concourse E. No guest.
2. Hold a premium cabin ticket as part of an international itinerary
3. Hold Oneworld Sapphire or Emerald tier elite status excluding AA while on an Oneworld itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.