Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: First Class Check-in London Heathrow LHR, formerly Premium / Flagship

Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
LHR / London Heathrow International Airport Terminal 3 AA First Class / Flagship Check-In

American Airlines Flagship First Check-in has moved and now operates in a facility shared with British Airways in Terminal 3, Zone D, effective 27 Nov 2019. Use rules now conform to usual Flagship First Check-in rules, so this thread will be archived.

For the current thread, please see GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD (rev) — link

(The First Class Check-In facility was originally situated outside Terminal 3 in Zone H. This facility was previously called Flagship Check-in, then Premium Check-in, before being rebranded in late 2016 to First Class Check-in. It then moved from Zone H to Zone B 12 Jul 2017.)

Once you have completed your check-in process, you will progress through to the expedited security lane which offers easy access through airport security check points.

The Zone B Flagship First Class Check-In position is available for:
  • First Class customers travelling on American Airlines (Business customers previously had access but this has gone away)
  • ConciergeKey members
  • Five Star Service customers
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld Emerald customers
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: First Class Check-in London Heathrow LHR, formerly Premium / Flagship

Old Feb 25, 2011, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Maybe I just don't like %$&*#@ people
lol.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by brp
It's great when it works. But the cases of "please see an agent" are fairly frequent, and the web services folks still have not been given information on troubleshooting (as of last week). They're still in data gathering mode.

The fact that many will say "it worked for me" doesn't change the fact that it still fails in many cases.

Cheers.
It may have failed for others, has not for me ever. Been using it from lhr for a while.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by mishugana
Because we will be on a cruise ship where internet is expensive I will try FL checkin if not will go to first class checkin
Got it. Good luck.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by mishugana
I'm flying from LHR JFK I'm EXP my friend no status is traveling LHR DFW on same date with me We are getting to LHR together I'm on a paid ticket hes using my miles on a free ticket can we both check in together at the premium check in?
Absolutely. I do this all the time.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott and Starwood
Originally Posted by dmsdfw
You clearly weren't at LHR during the pre-Christmas snowgate saga then. The Flagship check-in was closed and the main F/J check-ins were around thirty or forty people deep at one point. This was after you'd got past the door-trolls who were only letting in people with a confirmed seat on a confirmed operating flight leaving within three hours.
It's hard to get mad at people trying to do their jobs during irregular operations.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by Microwave
IRROPs obviously throws all normal experience out the window. I suppose I should have said that is my experience during normal operations, but then again I believe that should be understood unless expressly stated otherwise for pretty much every post.
Sorry - the fact that I was being sarcastic clearly didn't come across. I would like to know why they closed the Flagship check-in entirely over that period though, since that's when it would have been at its most valuable to EXPs and F/Js.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Sorry - the fact that I was being sarcastic clearly didn't come across. I would like to know why they closed the Flagship check-in entirely over that period though, since that's when it would have been at its most valuable to EXPs and F/Js.
Ahh, sorry, my bad! Indeed, it would certainly have been nice to have the Flagship Check-in staffed, although it's got so little floor space the queues may have run out the door into the bitter cold... Not sure if that's the reason they closed it, but I could certainly understand that if that indeed was the case. So having those folks go inside may have made sense--of course that would have necessitated adding staff to the F/J area inside, which in any case was also a zoo. Lose-lose situation.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I have brought in a non EXP to the Flagship checkin at LHR with no problem. However, I am not sure if they will let them in the Flagship lounge. You can definitely take them in the other lounge. BA does allow emeralds to bring a guest in their version of the flagship lounge (can't remember the name) at LHR..
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:33 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by EXP4ME
I'm a people person, so I'll take a a conversation over a terminal any day
"People" people can bite me.

Actually, I am a people person and love interacting. I just don't like waiting for things (comes from growing up in New York, I guess). Standing in lines annoys me. Then I can't really talk to that person because there are people behind me waiting, and I don't want to make them wait. I do OLCI just because it cuts out a step and a possible wait. Any uncertainties I can remove leave me more time to talk to people.

Cheers.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
Originally Posted by LookingAhead
I have brought in a non EXP to the Flagship checkin at LHR with no problem. However, I am not sure if they will let them in the Flagship lounge. You can definitely take them in the other lounge. BA does allow emeralds to bring a guest in their version of the flagship lounge (can't remember the name) at LHR..
I've had no problems at LHR taking non-EXP guest into either the FL or BA FC lounge.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 5:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
I've had no problems at LHR taking non-EXP guest into either the FL or BA FC lounge.
same here for FL and Cathy first lounge
Old Feb 25, 2011, 5:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by LookingAhead
I am not sure if they will let them in the Flagship lounge. You can definitely take them in the other lounge. BA does allow emeralds to bring a guest in their version of the flagship lounge (can't remember the name) at LHR..
We are veering well off topic, but one guest is allowed under oneworld Lounge Access rules, so you should never have problem bringing in a guest when exercising emerald lounge access rights (even at the Galleries First lounge, which is the one you were trying to remember). From the oneworld Lounge Access page:

AAdvantage Executive Platinum®

Equivalent to oneworld Emerald

Lounge access benefits: When travelling internationally* on any of the oneworld member airlines, regardless of the class of service, an Emerald equivalent member and one guest will be welcome in any of the oneworld airline pre-flight lounges, including First Class, Business Class and Frequent Flyer lounges.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
In spite of multiple trips to LHR, I have never been able to find the Flagship checkin and I always end up checking in at the normal T3 check-in desk. Where is it exactly and why is it so hard to find?

I will be in LHR again on Monday next week looking for the mysterious Flagship Check-in. Does it really really exist? Help!!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:14 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
In spite of multiple trips to LHR, I have never been able to find the Flagship checkin and I always end up checking in at the normal T3 check-in desk. Where is it exactly and why is it so hard to find?

I will be in LHR again on Monday next week looking for the mysterious Flagship Check-in. Does it really really exist? Help!!
When looking at T3 from the outside, it's on the far right, and outside in a separate, glass building.

Can't answer why it's hard (for you) to find

Cheers.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 6:19 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Seat 1F

Right by the arrivals doors.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.