FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1185113-archive-lus-757-200-b75e-etops-east-transat-none-left-dec-2017-a.html)

aztimm Feb 17, 2011 7:31 am

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

This is the main thread for the US B757-200, the 'European' Version, which is used for TA flights as well as other domestic flights.

US Fleet Website (their website doesn't separate the different seating configurations, just lists the ranges of seats)

Seatguru: US 757-200 (version 2)

aztimm Feb 28, 2011 1:03 pm

I just booked a PHX-PHL-PHX trip yesterday, and the PHL-PHX appears to be on the US 757-200, European version. It is listed as 3 rows of F, and from what I know, the Hawaii versions have 3-4 rows of F (I think 14 seats). And I think the older 757's only had 8 F seats, and it sounds like they're not in the fleet anymore.

This would be my first time on this version of the aircraft. Right now, I'm booked in seat 6D, an exit row, because Seatguru said that was good. Is that a good choice?

In the event I get upgraded, is there a particular seat in the F/Envoy cabin I should try for? Since it is a TA plane, I'd assume there is a coat closet so they don't need to hang them behind the last row of F like the A320 family.

EmSeeOhMike Feb 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm (Post 15948639)
I just booked a PHX-PHL-PHX trip yesterday, and the PHL-PHX appears to be on the US 757-200, European version. It is listed as 3 rows of F, and from what I know, the Hawaii versions have 3-4 rows of F (I think 14 seats). And I think the older 757's only had 8 F seats, and it sounds like they're not in the fleet anymore.

This would be my first time on this version of the aircraft. Right now, I'm booked in seat 6D, an exit row, because Seatguru said that was good. Is that a good choice?

In the event I get upgraded, is there a particular seat in the F/Envoy cabin I should try for? Since it is a TA plane, I'd assume there is a coat closet so they don't need to hang them behind the last row of F like the A320 family.

1. Yes. Once a day they have been running a PHL-PHX-PHL turn with a US east 757 so it will have the Envoy recliner.

2. Correct. No more 8F 757's

3. 6D is my choice seat in Y on the 757. An aisle seat with enough leg room that you won't have to get up if your neighbor needs to get to the aisle.

4. I've sat in all rows in the front, window and aisle, and haven't found a seat that I like more than another. I'm 6'5", so I tend to be picky about where I sit but with 60" of pitch it just doesn't matter that much. I tend to go for row one, but that's just out of habit. I was in 2F last week and it was fine.

5. Yes. There is a closet.

kudzu Feb 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm (Post 15948639)
...This would be my first time on this version of the aircraft. Right now, I'm booked in seat 6D, an exit row, because Seatguru said that was good. Is that a good choice?...

Another regular, respected poster (now how's that for flattery?! :)) thinks 6D is a good seat (version 4 is similar to version 2)

remedy Mar 1, 2011 9:59 am

3 F in Envoy on 757 200 TATL

Not a "green seat" on Seat Guru, but looks like a great seat - window AND aisle. Any experiences with this seat.

fets_be Mar 1, 2011 11:47 am

Originally Posted by remedy (Post 15954305)
Not a "green seat" on Seat Guru, but looks like a great seat - window AND aisle. Any experiences with this seat.

It's not an aisle seat. 3D is usually reserved as crew rest on some TATL flights (over 8h?) and not bookable online. My wife actually prefers 3F over 1A.

In Y, 6D & 7C are #1 for me, followed by 6E and 7B as a distant third. If these seats are not free, I'll happily book on another day. Avoid 7ADEF - they only have the disadvantages linked with exit seats (Protruding doors for the 7AF), not the nice things (no extra legroom for 7DE)

EmSeeOhMike Mar 1, 2011 1:16 pm

I was looking at seatguru the other day and noticed that they don't depict the 757's quite right so I thought I'd share that here. I have not been on the Hawaii birds yet (the second 757 listed as Vers. 1 with 14F seats) so I cannot speak for their accuracy but do have comments about the rest.

As fets answered before, seat 3D is there on all Envoy equipped 757's and is saved as a crew rest for longer flights. Domestically though, 3D is available and have seen people seated in it many times. However, I haven't been assigned it before so I don't know how you would go about getting it.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the first 757 Vers. 1 with 8F seats is no longer a configuration that US uses.

They got a couple things mixed together on Vers. 2 and 4. For Vers. 2 there is a lav instead of seats 5 ABC so 4 ABC have no/very reduced recline. The rest of Vers.2 is correct. Vers. 4 does have a 5 ABC so row 4 has regular recline unlike what they have listed and row 5 will have the reduced recline. The rest of Vers. 4 is correct. (with exception of 3D not being shown.)

I would like to revise what I said before about all Envoy seats being equal on this aircraft. I would advise against row 3 because of something that happened last month. They frequently put families with small children in row 4 and the bulkhead there stops about a foot and a half before the floor. A small girl, about 4 years old, had crawled under the bulkhead while her mom was asleep. I was in seat 3C fully reclined and fully asleep when I woke up to this girl, standing behind 3A, yanking on my winged headrest. Hey, kids will be kids and it's probably a rare occurrence, but I'd say if another row is available then go for it.

remedy Mar 4, 2011 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by EmSeeOhMike (Post 15955744)
I was looking at seatguru the other day and noticed that they don't depict the 757's quite right so I thought I'd share that here. I have not been on the Hawaii birds yet (the second 757 listed as Vers. 1 with 14F seats) so I cannot speak for their accuracy but do have comments about the rest.

As fets answered before, seat 3D is there on all Envoy equipped 757's and is saved as a crew rest for longer flights. Domestically though, 3D is available and have seen people seated in it many times. However, I haven't been assigned it before so I don't know how you would go about getting it.

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the first 757 Vers. 1 with 8F seats is no longer a configuration that US uses.

They got a couple things mixed together on Vers. 2 and 4. For Vers. 2 there is a lav instead of seats 5 ABC so 4 ABC have no/very reduced recline. The rest of Vers.2 is correct. Vers. 4 does have a 5 ABC so row 4 has regular recline unlike what they have listed and row 5 will have the reduced recline. The rest of Vers. 4 is correct. (with exception of 3D not being shown.)

I would like to revise what I said before about all Envoy seats being equal on this aircraft. I would advise against row 3 because of something that happened last month. They frequently put families with small children in row 4 and the bulkhead there stops about a foot and a half before the floor. A small girl, about 4 years old, had crawled under the bulkhead while her mom was asleep. I was in seat 3C fully reclined and fully asleep when I woke up to this girl, standing behind 3A, yanking on my winged headrest. Hey, kids will be kids and it's probably a rare occurrence, but I'd say if another row is available then go for it.

Selected 2 C over and 2 D back. Besides what you have said about row 3, they often run out of dinner choices by the last row if they start service in the front. I would have selected row 1 if it were available.

phlwookie Mar 4, 2011 4:22 pm

Personally, I prefer row two for legroom reasons. It's not as though row 1 is bad, but I can touch the bulkhead wall with my feet while reclined there.

remedy Mar 17, 2011 5:18 am

Originally Posted by phlwookie (Post 15976786)
Personally, I prefer row two for legroom reasons. It's not as though row 1 is bad, but I can touch the bulkhead wall with my feet while reclined there.

Liked row 2 - C over and D back. Also am beginning to like the 757 - smaller, quicker boarding, quicker exit and more personal service in the business class section. Not a big fan of the video system, though.

divmember Apr 9, 2011 7:09 pm

US Airways 757-200 Version 4 Envoy Seat 3F

I am booked on a flight from PHL to Lisbon in June. I am confirmed for seat 3F. According to seatguru, seat 3F has a little less recline, but nevertheless, I'm drawn to the fact that there is no seat next to me. Has anyone ever sat in 3F on this version of a 757-200 transatlantic? There are open seats in 2F and 3A and 3C so I'm not sure if I should keep 3F. I've heard the second row isn't good because of the recline from row 1.

On the return trip, Madrid to PHL, on the A330-300, I'm confirmed for seat 1G, which I believe is an Envoy Sleeper seat. Any thoughts on this seat as well?

Thanks for your input!

Mykle Apr 9, 2011 7:44 pm

There is a seat next to you, but it's blocked on the seat map for Crew Rest (Meaning a Pilot will sit there when they are on their break).

sbbutler93 Apr 9, 2011 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by divmember (Post 16190682)
On the return trip, Madrid to PHL, on the A330-300, I'm confirmed for seat 1G, which I believe is an Envoy Sleeper seat. Any thoughts on this seat as well?

The only gripe I've ever heard is no control of a/c vents. But still a great seat.

divmember Apr 9, 2011 8:17 pm

Yikes! I had no idea and am so glad I asked! I'm not a fan of window seats on long flight! Thanks!

I'll keep the envoy sleeper since I'm usually cold on flights anyway so no air vent shouldn't be a problem.

jordieboy Apr 21, 2011 1:18 pm

domestic question

I am headed PHL-PHX on 1193
Website shows 752 with seatplan consistent with East ETOPS Envoy (3 rows F and the and the two empty rows 5/6A-C).

I called to UG with miles (would be worth it IMO) and I am told these are not envoy seats and there are only two rows F.

Where is the disconnect?
What would you do?