Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Old Jan 12, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
Best advice:
Coach row 6D an 6E are great (there is no 6F)...

I've never felt like I missed out on a great upgrade when I've been seated in a seat like 6D.
This. +1

I've flown the US 757 to/from AMS in this pair of seats. These are great seats and if available (as PHL says) I am not going to be bummed at all if my trip over the pond is in these seats. Lots of room AND space under the seat in front of you for stuff. As noted, bring your own IFE.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PHL
There's basically the Hawaii version and the Envoy/Transatlantic version. But there is a slight variation in some of the TA birds in the first few rows.

Best advice:
Coach row 6D an 6E are great (there is no 6F)
Then, in order of preference: 7C, 7B and anything in 24.
All the above have fantastic legroom. The row 4 bulkhead seats may feel cramped...

US(and many airlines) have been flying 757's across the Atlantic for quite some time. Continental was an early trailblazer of this practice. PHL-AMS is not a horribly long trip. Bring an iPad loaded with some movies, take a nap for a few hours and you'll be there in no time. I've never felt like I missed out on a great upgrade when I've been seated in a seat like 6D.
Thanks for the advice, but I will be traveling with my wife and 11 year old daughter. Looks like all the rows you mentioned are Exit rows.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:19 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Techtravler
Thanks for the advice, but I will be traveling with my wife and 11 year old daughter. Looks like all the rows you mentioned are Exit rows.
Yes, they are. Maybe you could do 6D, 6E and put her in 7F. Whichever of the two of you are in 6E will be able to interact with her because there's no seat next to you, so you can easily turn around or she can lean forward (or stand up and take a step forward) if she needs something. She'll probably sleep most of the way so once you are enroute an flying, the minimal separation shouldn't be an issue - especially given her age.

Alternatively, 7B, C are exit, but 7D (across the aisle) is not.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by PHL
There's basically the Hawaii version and the Envoy/Transatlantic version. But there is a slight variation in some of the TA birds in the first few rows.

Best advice:
Coach row 6D an 6E are great (there is no 6F)
Then, in order of preference: 7C, 7B and anything in 24.
All the above have fantastic legroom. The row 4 bulkhead seats may feel cramped...

US(and many airlines) have been flying 757's across the Atlantic for quite some time. Continental was an early trailblazer of this practice. PHL-AMS is not a horribly long trip. Bring an iPad loaded with some movies, take a nap for a few hours and you'll be there in no time. I've never felt like I missed out on a great upgrade when I've been seated in a seat like 6D.
Yes, but in all fairness, when CO started flying 757s across the pond, it had the decency to install personal TVs in Y.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Can anyone confirm if there is some space below the bulkhead wall on the D,E,F side of row 4?

This little space helps give me a little more stretch room. I read a post were someone mentioned there is space on the left side under the bulkhead. He was mentioning a small child crawling under the wall and shaking his seat back in first.

TT
Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
US 757 Layout -- odd

So I'm on flight 714 from PHX to PHL on a 757-200. Oddly, none of seatguru's 5 different 757 layouts completely match the plane. Is there one that best matches it? Or should I look somewhere else?

I'm currently in 7E-- some version have extra legroom and others don't.....

Thoughts?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Typically it would be this one: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_..._757-200_B.php

The "version 4" they list is a mystery to me - I can't think of any Envoy-equipped 757 that doesn't have a 3D or a 5ABC. However, this is the seatmap that they're showing 714 to be next Monday per the reservations system. I suppose that one of the 757s they recently acquired has a different emergency exit configuration that forces this.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EP, SPG Ambassador (lifetime plat)
The thing that perplexes me is that flight 714 on USAirways doesn't have a row 5/6 which is different than the seatguru link...... and it has a row 23 def but no 23 abc.

Any other ideas?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by azoomee
The thing that perplexes me is that flight 714 on USAirways doesn't have a row 5/6 which is different than the seatguru link...... and it has a row 23 def but no 23 abc.

Any other ideas?
Unfortunately it's just a flaw with Seat Guru. The plane you'll be on is a "version 4" in Seat Guru's terms.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Row 4 (bulkead) seems cramped. I am on US 1455 PHL-SXM in 4EF with my girlfriend in March. Should I switch seats? She tends to get claustrophobic (extra legroom helps) but would also like a window. I am also US Silver.

Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2013, 5:11 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
I know seat 3D doesn't show up on the seat map and is reserved crew rest on a 757, but for Caribbean runs, is that seat ultimately assigned to someone? I am flying SXM-PHL and it is showing F0 at T-15. I am wondering if there is a chance that 3D was held back and ultimately gets released at the gate if it isn't being used. Or, do they just sell it and not assign the seat until you get to the airport?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 5:54 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by finster869
I know seat 3D doesn't show up on the seat map and is reserved crew rest on a 757, but for Caribbean runs, is that seat ultimately assigned to someone? I am flying SXM-PHL and it is showing F0 at T-15. I am wondering if there is a chance that 3D was held back and ultimately gets released at the gate if it isn't being used. Or, do they just sell it and not assign the seat until you get to the airport?
I'm flying BWI-CLT and CLT-SXM tomorrow, both segments on the 752, and just checked in. 3D showed available for the domestic leg, but not for the CLT-SXM leg. I know that doesn't answer your question about whether or not it's assigned on the Caribbean run, but that's the only data point I've got so far. Can update on the return next Sunday
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by finster869
I know seat 3D doesn't show up on the seat map and is reserved crew rest on a 757, but for Caribbean runs, is that seat ultimately assigned to someone?
I don't think the seat is required for crew rest on Caribbean flights but would have to check all the 757 crew trips for a 3rd pilot requirement to be sure. I suspect it's showing blocked as a "quick and dirty" way of blocking it on European flights where it may be required for crew rest - block it on all international flights then let the GA unblock it close to departure.

Jim
Old Mar 9, 2013, 8:55 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
752 Seat Question

I've seen a uniformed pilot leave the cockpit and occupy 3D on PHL-AUA. Could there be 3 pilots since the same crew does PHL-AUA-PHL?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
When I flew SJU-CLT in October 3D was not showing up on the seat map. Upon boarding it was there and US ended up upgrading a guy in uniform right before they closed the doors.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.