Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The AA (Legacy US Airways) Airbus Industrie A330-200

AA announced retirement of the A330-200 in the Oct 2020 earnings report.

Status of reconfiguration
N279AY - NEW
N280AY - NEW
N281AY - NEW
N282AY - NEW
N283AY - NEW
N284AY - NEW
N285AY - NEW
N286AY - NEW
N287AY - NEW
N288AY - NEW
N289AY - NEW
N290AY - NEW
N291AY - NEW
N292AY - NEW
N293AY - NEW
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

NOTE: The 15 A330-200 (with Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines) are being retained and updated. (The nine Pratt & Whitney equipped A330-300s have been scheduled for retirement (return to lessor at lease end) by late 2018 due to poor "fit" in the AA fleet (link).) The A330-200s will continue, however, and the launch of the retrofitted A330-200 will see
  • 20 Zodiac "Envoy" type Business seats in a 1-2-1 layout (1 blocked for pilot rest)
  • 21 Premium Economy (B/E Aerospace) seats in a 2-3-2 layout
  • 50 Main Cabin Extra seats (same seats as Y, just greater seat pitch) 2-4-2 (2 blocked for customers requiring customer assistance)
  • Main Cabin / Economy seats also 2-4-2
  • Ku band satellite based Panasonic WiFi
  • Individual personal entertainment screens for every seat
  • Seat power
  • Noise reduction headsets - Bose in Business, others for Premium Economy

Premium Economy and extended Main Cabin Extra has been installed on the A330-200 fleet. Until 15 Jan 2018, PE seats were available to Elites as MCE on those aircraft with PE; PE are available for sale on that date.

Link to A330-200 PE and MCE additions article on The Points Guy

Link to Combined AA Fleet page

Link to (non-AA) American Fleet Site, A330-200 page.

For the specific thread about the Zodiac "Envoy" Business seat, please see AA A330 "Envoy" Lie Flat All Aisle Access Business Seats (master thread)

Also see the older, archived thread on Envoy seating on the A330: A330-200 Envoy Suites

Link to Seatguru for AA A330-200

Envoy / Business (20):
* Rows 1 to 7, 4 across, private "suites", all aisle access
* Seats A and H have windows and angle out toward windows
* Seats C and F are both in the middle, angle in toward center (no windows)
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Bose noise reduction headsets on long-haul International flights
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Premium Economy (21):
* Rows 6, 7 and 8 in 2-3-2 layout
* Seat pitch 38"
* Seat width 18.5"
* Non-Bose noise reduction headsets on longhaul
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Main Cabin Extra (54):
* Bulkhead and Exit seats
* Others seem to be in non-standard layout
* Seat width 16.3-17.8"
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

Economy (152):
* Seat pitch 31-32"
* Seat width 16.3-17.8"
* Exits at row 23
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

New Livery (AA-style) of the A330-300: A333 in New Livery

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Airbus A330-200 / 332 [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:54 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Is this MCE seat map correct for the 330-200? Why is the 9-16GH side MCE but not the 9-16AB side? And rows 23-26, excluding 26ABGH?

I noticed this when booking a domestic CLT-PHL flight (where I grabbed 6C) and thought it seemed odd for the mismatched rows.

Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: CATHAY PACIFIC
It seems like 3 aircrafts are in maintenance now (282/284/286). Is there anything taking place as it accounts for 20% of the 332 fleet (3/15)?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by PHL
Is this MCE seat map correct for the 330-200? Why is the 9-16GH side MCE but not the 9-16AB side? And rows 23-26, excluding 26ABGH?

I noticed this when booking a domestic CLT-PHL flight (where I grabbed 6C) and thought it seemed odd for the mismatched rows.

I've flown this bird several times but never father back than row 6. I did once try to take a walk down the right aisle in the main cabin just to resolve the question you're asking. Seats G/H are not quite aligned row by row with seats A-F. I only gave it a quick once-over and there obviously must be fewer rows overall, but it did appear that the two rightmost seats in this section had more legroom.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:11 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
In terms of legroom, is 23AC exit row more legroom than 9GH bulkhead?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Yes, the seatmap is accurate. And yes, the G-H seats in rows 10 through 16 do have additional leg room (in reality they don't precisely align with the adjacent center seats). The asymmetry of the seat arrangement has to do with the asymmetrical lav arrangement at the aft end of the forward coach cabin.

Originally Posted by PHL

Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:42 pm
Suspended

have this bird n an upcoming May flight. Was wondering if bassinets can be hung in front of Row 23 middle section?

Picked 11G originally until I saw someone take 24F so I grabbed 24C hoping for an empty next to me , better chance then 11H remaining empty, but Id take 25 or 26 if a bassinet can be hung in front of 23 , further away from the bay/s the better. Very early arrival and not booking the hotel for the night before so I will be in no rush
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by redtop43
I flew in PE on this bird yesterday so I can report some things with certainty

The J cabin are standard envoy seats which I’ve flown a few times and not worthy of much mention.

I was in 6G. Row 6 of PE has a great deal of legroom, the seats genuinely recline, and there’s a fold-out leg rest that doesn’t go to horizontal but it’s comfortable. The seats aren’t quite as wide as a domestic F seat but quite adequate. The IFE is mildly annoying as it folds out from under the seat. I tried out an empty seat in row 8 and the legroom was fine (although I’m only 5’8”) and the IFE was in the seatback. Rows 7 and 8 have footrests that fold down from the seat in front - not nearly as nice as the ones in row 6. The power and headphone ports are in the armrest, but in a very curious place. You have to be facing backward and they are kind of on the back wall of the armrest. I don't know about the other seats, I can just say that in 6G it was on the right side (facing forward). The seats also genuinely recline, enough to make a difference - not the 4 degrees or so in most coach seats.

I boarded early and got a bit of a look at the Y cabin. It appears seats G and H in rows 9-16 are in fact MCE and are not aligned the same as the other rows. I didn’t get a really good survey made, but I’d say that there are probably 7 or 8 rows of seats in G/H where there are 8 or 9 rows in A-B and C-F. I wasn’t able to look any further back. I might try to do that sometime after landing when I don’t have a close connection. I didn't check anything about power or recline.

I'm a grumpy flier, and I got through a 5 1/2 hour flight fine, between working on my (wifi-less) laptop, reading a book, and watching a movie. I would take this bird and this cabin again in a heartbeat - and I'm sure I will.
When you were in row 8, was there indeed no window in row 8 as stated on the less than reliable seat guru? I'm trying to find a decent window seat in PE and only the row 8 window seats are available.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
When you were in row 8, was there indeed no window in row 8 as stated on the less than reliable seat guru? I'm trying to find a decent window seat in PE and only the row 8 window seats are available.
aa a330-200 pe row8

Old Apr 30, 2019, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
aa a330-200 pe row8

Thanks for the pic....yikes....what a horrible "window" seat....I guess I'll keep my $$ and my real window seat back in regular Y.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Any preference between 1A and 1H on 332? Nighttime TATL flight. I can sleep anywhere, so noise isn't an issue, but light will be as I will be working and watching movies and hate when the LED galley light shines in my eyes.

Also, read on SeatGuru that there's some sort of light over 1A. Anyone know what that's about?

I'm disabled and want to be near the lav, so I don't want to go further back.

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2019, 7:57 am

All 332's have been refurbished and have PE(W)...(see WIKI).
eta: in looking at the direct flight CLT-MAD on 6/5 it shows Main being $120 more than Basic Economy and Premium Economy being $1490 more than Main...

Last edited by alien; May 28, 2019 at 8:03 am
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
Weird seat definitions

Hi, I'm looking at changing seats on an AA award ticket from CLT to CDG later this year. AA's seat chart is a bit odd and I could use some opinion / experience with this.

The flight is on an A330-200 and looking at row 13-16 for example the AA map says:

A and B are Preferred (Normal economy seat but pay more for location).
C, D, E and F are normal Econ seats with the Aisles (C and F) as Preferred.
G and H, however, are listed as MCE.

I've never been on an American flight where only one side of the cabin was MCE, in my experience, MCE is always the whole row. So I'm wondering, if I pay for A and B on that row, will I get standard econ legroom, or will I get MCE legroom?

Does Amercian really set up cabins like this (*where only one side of the cabin is MCE while the other side is standard?)

AA seat map
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass/AA Plat Admirals Club/SQ Solitaire
They are standard seats but considered MCE. No added legroom
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I disagree. I fly this bird regularly and I've looked at the seats. Seats G/H do not line up with the remainder of the row. I didn't have enough time to do a precise survey, but G/H do have extra legroom. Someone else has suggested it's due to the position of the lavatory on the right side of the plane.

So the left six seats in the row have standard legroom, and the right two have extra.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA, WN
Weird as it is, this is in fact the layout of the AA A332s. AB-CDEF are regular Y, while GH is MCE. At least that's the case in the forward Y cabin. Not sure about farther back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.