Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The AA (Legacy US Airways) Airbus Industrie A330-200

AA announced retirement of the A330-200 in the Oct 2020 earnings report.

Status of reconfiguration
N279AY - NEW
N280AY - NEW
N281AY - NEW
N282AY - NEW
N283AY - NEW
N284AY - NEW
N285AY - NEW
N286AY - NEW
N287AY - NEW
N288AY - NEW
N289AY - NEW
N290AY - NEW
N291AY - NEW
N292AY - NEW
N293AY - NEW
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

NOTE: The 15 A330-200 (with Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines) are being retained and updated. (The nine Pratt & Whitney equipped A330-300s have been scheduled for retirement (return to lessor at lease end) by late 2018 due to poor "fit" in the AA fleet (link).) The A330-200s will continue, however, and the launch of the retrofitted A330-200 will see
  • 20 Zodiac "Envoy" type Business seats in a 1-2-1 layout (1 blocked for pilot rest)
  • 21 Premium Economy (B/E Aerospace) seats in a 2-3-2 layout
  • 50 Main Cabin Extra seats (same seats as Y, just greater seat pitch) 2-4-2 (2 blocked for customers requiring customer assistance)
  • Main Cabin / Economy seats also 2-4-2
  • Ku band satellite based Panasonic WiFi
  • Individual personal entertainment screens for every seat
  • Seat power
  • Noise reduction headsets - Bose in Business, others for Premium Economy

Premium Economy and extended Main Cabin Extra has been installed on the A330-200 fleet. Until 15 Jan 2018, PE seats were available to Elites as MCE on those aircraft with PE; PE are available for sale on that date.

Link to A330-200 PE and MCE additions article on The Points Guy

Link to Combined AA Fleet page

Link to (non-AA) American Fleet Site, A330-200 page.

For the specific thread about the Zodiac "Envoy" Business seat, please see AA A330 "Envoy" Lie Flat All Aisle Access Business Seats (master thread)

Also see the older, archived thread on Envoy seating on the A330: A330-200 Envoy Suites

Link to Seatguru for AA A330-200

Envoy / Business (20):
* Rows 1 to 7, 4 across, private "suites", all aisle access
* Seats A and H have windows and angle out toward windows
* Seats C and F are both in the middle, angle in toward center (no windows)
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Bose noise reduction headsets on long-haul International flights
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Premium Economy (21):
* Rows 6, 7 and 8 in 2-3-2 layout
* Seat pitch 38"
* Seat width 18.5"
* Non-Bose noise reduction headsets on longhaul
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Main Cabin Extra (54):
* Bulkhead and Exit seats
* Others seem to be in non-standard layout
* Seat width 16.3-17.8"
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

Economy (152):
* Seat pitch 31-32"
* Seat width 16.3-17.8"
* Exits at row 23
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

New Livery (AA-style) of the A330-300: A333 in New Livery

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Airbus A330-200 / 332 [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by beznich
Got lucky to fly a 332 from CLT to PHL (I chose it over the non-stop 738 to BOS) just to see what it was all about back in March and sat 4A. I will say, I have never flown internationally, and I'm 6'6 and 275 pounds so I try to fly up front as often as I can between my regular bi-weekly CLT - BOS flights and it was quite an experiance. The service was better and more professional, and tons of room. I played with every switch, knob, light, seat position, etc. Unfortunately they don't fly that route any more, that was enjoyable to say the least...now it's usually the crummy 738's or the even worse 321's :-( I keep looking for widebody's, connecting anywhere AA will let me between CLT-BOS and in the last 2 months I haven't seen 1.
I don't think the service is better than normal F service. But obviously the seats are.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, DL SkyMiles, B6 TrueBlue, Global Entry
After my horrible experience Last year on a 752 I’ve decided to give TATL out of PHL another go. This time PHL-DUB in MCE (Row 24) on the 332.

Does this aircraft have power at every seat? Or USB only? Or a combonation depending on what seat you are in?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by redtop43
I don't think the service is better than normal F service. But obviously the seats are.
I've caught this a few times between PHL and SFO. I think what makes the service better is the crew. It always seems to be the same, and they are just top notch.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I'm traveling later this week DUB-CLT on a 332. We'll have our 19 month old son with us, and we have a seat booked for him, so we'll be bringing his car seat. We currently have 9C, 9E, and 9F (bulkhead at the front of Y). A few questions:

- Do these seats have the bulky seatbelts with the airbag built into them? Can we use a seatbelt extender?
- Does anybody know the width of the seats between the armrests (since the tray tables are in the armrests, I know the width will be slightly reduced.
- Overall: has anybody tried using a car seat in these seats? Between the possibility of the airbags in the seatbelts and the width of the seat, I'm debating whether to keep or change seats.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by flyercity
Thanks for the info. Wish Seatguru would update their map or that AA had maps for the matter!
Seatguru warns of a blanked out window at 9H. Of course, they show MCE starting with 8GH. Anyone see a seat with blocked window on that side?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Gator31
Seatguru warns of a blanked out window at 9H. Of course, they show MCE starting with 8GH. Anyone see a seat with blocked window on that side?
Row 9 had windows, as did row 10. Not sure about other rows.
Gator31 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
I'll be flying MUC-PHL on a 332 in September. Upgrade from PE just cleared. (Pretty surprised to see this happen so early, BTW.)

Since seatguru seemingly never actually updates its maps, is there any reason to avoid seat 4H? (I was originally in 2H, but I want to minimize the chances of being FAMed.)
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
I'll be flying MUC-PHL on a 332 in September. Upgrade from PE just cleared. (Pretty surprised to see this happen so early, BTW.)

Since seatguru seemingly never actually updates its maps, is there any reason to avoid seat 4H? (I was originally in 2H, but I want to minimize the chances of being FAMed.)
I flew 4H on this bird PHL-LAX a couple of months ago. Nothing wrong with it.
PlatinumScum likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:09 pm

On the PHL-LAX route, are they still deplaning in a remote area and busing pax to the terminal?

I just booked a flight with about a 45-50 min connection. Will be connecting to LAX. Will I make it? It's not the last flight of the day so I'm not in a panic.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by redtop43
On the PHL-LAX route, are they still deplaning in a remote area and busing pax to the terminal?

I just booked a flight with about a 45-50 min connection. Will be connecting to LAX. Will I make it? It's not the last flight of the day so I'm not in a panic.
Yes, on AA841 with the A330 they are still parking at the hanger. If you're seated towards the front of the plane, and it lands on time, you have a decent shot.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by econometrics
Yes, on AA841 with the A330 they are still parking at the hanger. If you're seated towards the front of the plane, and it lands on time, you have a decent shot.
If it's an Eagle flight, however, I'd say OP's chances of making the connection are much, much lower. Given that the remote hanger parking seems to be a common and not-new practice, I'd hope that AA has coded a special MCT for AA841 - Eagle connections.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
Thanks. I'm in Row 6, which is right where the door is, but on the far side of the plane. The one time I flew this route, they deplaned F first, but if I explain it to the FA and if I can navigate my way across two aisles, I could be one of the first off. It's not an Eagle flight.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Putting aside the fact that the remote hanger arrival is not a good thing, AA seems to do a good job with the busing. When we arrived the first bus left as soon as it was about 60% full rather than trying to cram every last person in; there was a long line of buses so they were well prepared.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
So I'm seated in 23G on my next flight. Someone remind me if the FA is seated in front of me or in front of 23H. I recall for some reason preferring 23 A/H. But those seats are already taken. Maybe it was the constant "fighting" for my foot space when folks are queuing for the toilets that I prefer to avoid 23 B/G.

Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: American Airlines
Seats 9G and 9H

Originally Posted by dbennett37
Thanks for the reply. I moved us to 9G & 9H. I can deal with the unmovable arm rests. It'll be nice to have the leg room and not have anyone recline in our faces!
How were the bulkhead seats on the Airbus 330-200? I'm flying from PHL-MUC in a few weeks. Was there sufficient legroom? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.