Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

AAdvantage Miles for Opening New Citibank Checking Account

I'm copying information from various posts that I found useful

1. So online transfers of funds from other banks (Bank of America) or Fidelity accounts will count as direct deposits - is that correct?
CORRECT

2. To get the 30K AA miles, does the Direct deposits have to be for a certain dollar amount? (I realize that there is a $30 monthly fee for the Gold acct if balance is not $50K)
NO MINIMUM DIRECT DEPOSIT REQUIREMENT

3. How long must the direct deposit funds remain with Citibank?
NO REQUIREMENT - NEEDS TO POST AND AFFECT YOUR BALANCE

4. For the debit purchases of $750, just choose the "credit" option instead of debit option at payment - is that correct?
I CHOSE CREDIT, OTHERS HAVE DONE DEBIT AND GOT MILES

5. Like the idea of purchasing a money order at Walmart (of course, depends on the fee). So has this be acceptable to meet the debit purchase of $750 for the offer?
YES

6. Since there is a long delay in getting the account info, checks, and debit card when opening an account online, should I just go into a branch in person to open such an account - is this an option? If not, does Citibank adjust the "60 day from account opening" if you notify them when the materials are not received for several weeks.

YOU CAN GO TO BRANCH TO OPEN ACCOUNT, TAKE OFFER CODE WITH YOU

Does it require Credit Pull?
No. It's a soft pull. However, you will be denied if your credit reports are frozen.

Easiest ways to meet requirements
One single WM MO to meet the spend requirement, and DD was met by ACH from Amazon Payments.
Print Wikipost

AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by schrute
Has anyone been able to use their Citi Platinum AAdvantage card to fund the account?
Yes i did a week ago. No issues, just let them know you will be having a big purchase before funding your account to make sure everything goes smooth.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:24 am

Citi Platinum AAdvantage Cash Advance Limit

Called Citi this AM. Asked for cash advance limit to = 0. CSR stated lowest limit was $750. Hope this won't trigger a cash advance fee when I fund new CG account.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:57 am

Do you need to have a Citi AAdvantage card to get the bonus here? I am recommending to family to get it, but they don't want to get the Citi AAdvantage.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:17 pm

My wife opened a CG account in mid-August for the 40K TYP bonus that requires 2 billpays. She made those BP right away in Aug and Sep (and Oct and Nov), yet still no bonus TYP. She also hasn't been charged the $30 AF. For those that have gotten those miles-- I'd like to know what they did that my wife hasn't. The terms state to allow 90 days from the end of the statement in which all requirements were met. Requirements were met in early September and statement ended 9/30. Technically Citi has until ~12/30. Are others in the same boat contacting Citi?

Last edited by DaveInLA; Dec 8, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I got this message when I asked about my miles posting:
After reviewing your account, I see that you completed the requirements for the promotion for 50,000 AA miles, they were met on the statement cycle that ended on 11/30/2015, please allow 90 days from that day to receive bonus miles.

Patience is a virtue.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:39 am

Glad I saw this thread last night. Created an account to get the miles. I figure 50k miles is worth a few months of maintenance fees.

-Reece
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Any updated data points about getting points a second time around? I originally applied for the 30K AA offer earlier this year, got the points and closed the account. I was then targeted for the 50K AA offer. Not sure if I'm considered a "new citigold customer" even though I received this new offer in the mail.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by bchips
Any updated data points about getting points a second time around? I originally applied for the 30K AA offer earlier this year, got the points and closed the account. I was then targeted for the 50K AA offer. Not sure if I'm considered a "new citigold customer" even though I received this new offer in the mail.
I opened an account for the 50,000 points promo in Oct and am hoping to get the bonus again. But I can't confirm the bonus until Feb or so. Hopefully people who went for the 30,000 points in Aug or Sep could tell us their success soon.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Expiration?

The mailer I received for this offer indicates 12/31 expiration. Does anyone expect to apply in 2016 and get the offer?
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:23 pm

I signed my wife up for the 40K TYP offer in mid August. She completed the requirement of 2 consecutive months bill pays in September. The T + C state that the 40K TYP will be rewarded within 3 months of the statement date when the requirements are met. That's 9/30, and 3 months was 12/31. Her account got the 450 monthly TYP, but no 40K. How many others are in the same situation?
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I signed my wife up for the 40K TYP offer in mid August. She completed the requirement of 2 consecutive months bill pays in September. The T + C state that the 40K TYP will be rewarded within 3 months of the statement date when the requirements are met. That's 9/30, and 3 months was 12/31. Her account got the 450 monthly TYP, but no 40K. How many others are in the same situation?
Send them a SM and they should be able to credit the points to the account.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:41 pm

Data point:

I applied with the latest 50k promotion back in Sept. I was not targeted. I completed the spend via a Serve load and paid two bills (the cc I used to fund the account) in Oct and Nov. I haven't been charged a maintenance fee yet, but I imagine that'll be happening here soon.

Sent an SM yesterday inquiring about the bonus miles and received the following reply:
After careful review of your account, I can confirm you satisfied the requirements for our promotion code 42ERCWNQU6 to earn the bonus 50,000 AAdvantage miles.

In regards to your fulfillment terms, the AAdvantage bonus miles will be credited to your AAdvantage account (associated with your active credit card), within 90 days from the end of the statement period in which you complete all offer requirements.

Since you completed the $1,000 debit card purchase amount on [a date in October] and processed at least one bill payment for two consecutive months on [a date in October] and [a date in November], then your 90days began at the end of your November statement cycle, which was on [a date near the end of November]. You may expect to receive your bonus miles no later than your March 2016 statement cycle.

Please note all clients must wait at least the 90day period to receive the promotion incentive; we are unable to expedite the processing. Additionally, at the time the bonus miles are to be credited to your AAdvantage account, your credit card account and your checking account must all be open and in good standing .
I edited the dates to remove anything specific to my account.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:46 pm

Just want to make sure there are no recent issues with MO debit purchases at WM counting toward the $1000 debit requirement.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Can you meet the $1000 debit spend req't by paying taxes?

I suppose you use one of IRS's listed services and pay the fixed $3 fee:

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Pay-Taxes-by...-or-Debit-Card
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:55 pm

Can you re-apply?

Are you eligible to get the 50K bonus again?

Say at Day 1: Apply to get the 50K bonus
Day 31: Complete both bill pays for 2 seperate months and 1 $1,000 purchase
Day 121: Receive the bonus
Day 122: Close Citigold account

... Wait for some period of time

Day ???: Apply for Citigold account again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.