Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Lounge Guide: HND / Tokyo Haneda Int'l. Airport oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.
HND / Tokyo Haneda oneworld Lounges

JL Sakura Lounges For Departing American Air Premium Passengers and Admirals Club Members

Link to HND website

Link to Japan a Guide HND page

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

JAL Sakura Lounge

LOCATION:International terminal airside, level 4 near Gate 112, shared admission with JAL First Class Lounge

NOTE: Admission for oneworld Sapphire and Business Class passengers, and Emerald and First Class passengers if First Class Lounge is closed or under capacity restriction.

HOURS: Open 0430 until last departure

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
    • Food and beverages
      • Smoking room
        • Showers shared with Sakura lounge

JAL Sky View Lounge

LOCATION:International terminal airside, level 5 near Gate 114

NOTE: Admission for oneworld Sapphire and Business Class passengers, and Emerald and First Class passengers

HOURS: Open 06:00 to 12:30 and 21:00 to 01:30

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
    • Food and beverages
      • Smoking room
        • Showers

JAL First Class Lounge

LOCATION: International terminal airside, level 4 near Gate 112, shared admission with JAL Sakura Lounge

NOTE: Admission for oneworld Emerald and First Class passengers only. Previous policy: ONLY JAL F passengers, OW Emeralds flying on JAL are invited.

HOURS: Open 0600 until last departure

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
    • Red Suite relaxation area with shoe shine
      • Gourmet buffet
        • Teppanyaki style dining
          • Library room
            • Gallery room
              • Bar room
                • Play room
                  • Smoking room
                    • Showers shared

Cathay Pacific Lounge

LOCATION: International terminal, level 6 by lift after Gate 114

NOTE: Opened Dec 2014, capacity 190, emphasis on food and beverage,

HOURS: 0730 - 1700

AMENITIES:
  1. Complimentary WiFi
    • Local telephone
      • Food bar
        • Noodle bar
          • Bar with cocktails, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
            • Barista served coffee
              • (No showers)

Diamond Premium Lounge

LOCATION Domestic terminal 1 airside, level 3

NOTE: Access restricted to passengers flying in JAL domestic first class and oneworld Emerald passengers.

HOURS: 0530 - last departure

AMENITIES
  • Complimentary WiFi
    • Food and beverages
      • Smoking room
        • Showers

JAL Sakura (Domestic) Lounge

LOCATION Domestic terminal 1 airside, level 3

NOTE: Access restricted to oneworld Emerald and Sapphire passengers.

HOURS: 0530 - last departure

AMENITIES
  • Complimentary WiFi
    • Food and beverages
      • Smoking room
        • Showers

JAL Arrivals Lounge

NOTE: The JAL arrivals lounge is currently closed. No word on whether it will be reopened. JAL F and J passengers can get access to the TIAT shower rooms (airport operated) after custos with their boarding pass. Other passerngers can get access for 1035 JPY.
NOTE: Per oneworld lounge policies, operator can deny access due to capacity constraint.
Print Wikipost

Lounge Guide: HND / Tokyo Haneda Int'l. Airport oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by poppabear
Hi, can anyone tell me which terminal/gate AA 27/26 uses @ HND, and its location in respect to the JAL lounges we have access to? Doing the turn this weekend.
I'm going to shift this over to the existing HND lounge thread.

~Moderator
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:30 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Will access to the CX J lounge be granted without OW status on a QR ticket in J class?

EDIT: The OW lounge finder says no but I wanted to double-check. The swarm is usually smarter than a website
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by .flyer
Will access to the CX J lounge be granted without OW status on a QR ticket in J class?

EDIT: The OW lounge finder says no but I wanted to double-check. The swarm is usually smarter than a website
The oneworld lounge finder actually says "yes", as far as I can see, because:

"oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers

Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.

Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.

First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:

First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.

You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight."
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by JDiver
The oneworld lounge finder actually says "yes", as far as I can see, because:

"oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers
Hi JDiver,

I appreciate the reply. I just switched the OW lounge finder to English and it confirms what you say. With my post above, I had checked the German-language version. It seems the German-language version is plagued by a translation error, as it implies only CX and AY J pax are admitted. The English version of the lounge finder says "any oneworld airline", the German version says "diese" (= these) Oneworld airlines which I took to as a reference to the depicted CX and AY logos.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Flying out of HND tonight on AA26. Had to check out of the hotel at 2 pm so took the 220pm Airport Limo. Checked in right at 420pm (for bag drop) and motored over to the CX lounge.

Got there at 445pm and they advised they were closing at 5pm. I said no issue just wanted some Dan Dan noodles and they proceeded to give me the best service I've ever gotten in a lounge (including F lounges as an F passenger).

Had the entire lounge to myself (weird seeing that lounge completely empty) and the head of the lounge came over and insisted I go sit by the window and then asked if I wanted a drink. I asked if they had any Japanese whisky and she came back and told me she had a glass of Yamazaki (didn't catch the age but I've my fair share of Yamazaki and it tasted like it had some age - so likely the 12) just for me (bottle is not displayed it's hidden away).

Noted it was impossible for them to get and that they are changing to Nikka 12 so talk about truly going above and beyond for a J passenger on a different airline right when they could have easily just said sorry we are closed.

In sum if you are on AA 26 and at HND before 5, I strongly advise going to the CX lounge even if just for 15 min.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
Flying out of HND tonight on AA26. Had to check out of the hotel at 2 pm so took the 220pm Airport Limo. Checked in right at 420pm (for bag drop) and motored over to the CX lounge.

Got there at 445pm and they advised they were closing at 5pm. I said no issue just wanted some Dan Dan noodles and they proceeded to give me the best service I've ever gotten in a lounge (including F lounges as an F passenger).

Had the entire lounge to myself (weird seeing that lounge completely empty) and the head of the lounge came over and insisted I go sit by the window and then asked if I wanted a drink. I asked if they had any Japanese whisky and she came back and told me she had a glass of Yamazaki (didn't catch the age but I've my fair share of Yamazaki and it tasted like it had some age - so likely the 12) just for me (bottle is not displayed it's hidden away).

Noted it was impossible for them to get and that they are changing to Nikka 12 so talk about truly going above and beyond for a J passenger on a different airline right when they could have easily just said sorry we are closed.

In sum if you are on AA 26 and at HND before 5, I strongly advise going to the CX lounge even if just for 15 min.
Duke---I'll be in HND in a couple of weeks and wanted to use this lounge. If I do not have a bag to check, can I check in earlier than 420pm and get my boarding pass to access the lounge? Or does all check-in for the AA flight open 3 hours before departure.

And what did you do after you left the CX lounge? JAL Lounge? How was it?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
I currently have the entire HND CX lounge to myself.

12:30pm local time on a Thursday.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
3 people in the Sakura first lounge. Amazing sake in the Red Lounge.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by boerne
Great lounge! I could go for some of that JAL beef curry right now...
Old May 21, 2018, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Made a few edits to the the Wiki,. I hope you find the info helpful.

Added information on the JAL Skyview Lounge
Edited the JAL F lounge information a bit
Updated the arrival lounge information
Old May 22, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Nice! I've only been at this lounge a few times, but it is a treat.
Old May 8, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
Hi,

Simple question but haven't found an answer. I'm flying from HKG to HND on CX first class and then flying on JAL from HND to ITM on a separate ticket. Can I access the JAL first class lounge? or do I directly have to head to the domestic terminal and will only have access to the business lounge?
Old May 8, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by milgom
Hi,

Simple question but haven't found an answer. I'm flying from HKG to HND on CX first class and then flying on JAL from HND to ITM on a separate ticket. Can I access the JAL first class lounge? or do I directly have to head to the domestic terminal and will only have access to the business lounge?
You will have to go directly to the domestic terminal. As your flight from Hong Kong is considered short haul, your lounge access will be based on your departing flight or status.
Old May 12, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I thought that was usually stocked with champagne? It was when I was last there... (sometime in April)
Old May 12, 2019, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ikwia
I thought that was usually stocked with champagne? It was when I was last there... (sometime in April)
They have the Laurent-Perriet champagne and a couple of sake options on The Red Suite.
teemuflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.