Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can't check in online (OLCI) for int'l., mixed carrier etc. itinerary (merged)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2016, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Check in online (OLCI) for an international and/or a mixed carrier itinerary

OLCI may be inhibited for flights over 24 hours out.

OLCI may be inhibited for final destinations you must have a visa for.

OLCI may be inhibited by some other destinations, even when a visa is not necessary, e.g. Hong Kong.

OLCI may be inhibited when you have a mixed carrier itinerary or codeshare.

OLCI is not available at all airports.
Print Wikipost

Can't check in online (OLCI) for int'l., mixed carrier etc. itinerary (merged)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
And to finish my story at the airport they tried to get $80 out of me but eventually pulled the 500 milers from my account. Why is this so hard?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
Can’t check in online

trying to check in to sxm tomorrow. French passports. Put all information in system and didnt work. Makes big difference for us with tsa pre and no checked luggage. The web support agent told me that to checkin online i either had to have a us passport or a passport from st martin. I told her st martin s passport doesnt exist but she said that was only solution.

never had such an issue with any other carreer. Any idea how to solve this?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by TheHak
trying to check in to sxm tomorrow. French passports. Put all information in system and didnt work. Makes big difference for us with tsa pre and no checked luggage. The web support agent told me that to checkin online i either had to have a us passport or a passport from st martin. I told her st martin s passport doesnt exist but she said that was only solution.

Just get to the airport 10 mins earlier than you planned to check-in with an agent. I've had it happen from time to time where OLCI doesn't work for whatever the reason, no big deal.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
USA passport holder here and I too have this problem when I go to Hong Kong. Agent says that the "system" won't allow it as they need to verify that my passport is acceptable and if I have a visa for China, which I don't.

Follow the advice already given by getting to the airport earlier than planned. You are going to have to see an agent to check in as it's my understanding that even scanning your passport at the kiosks will not suffice.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Int

Originally Posted by TheHak

The AA IT system is, to say the least, outdated. AA agents are too often , to say the least, uninformed and unwilling to become informed.

Obviously, SXM is in Sint Maarten, part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, which shares the island with Saint Martin, a French overseas collectivity. There is no actual staffed border, so even to travel the the French part of the island requires no visa, etc. And I’m pretty sure a French passport will get you there through Sint Maarten as easily as it will get you to France by flying to ANS / Schiphol and going n by land.

A Saint Martin passport! Maybe it’s half and half, with two different covers? Merci for my first, and undoubtedly biggest, laugh of the day. Just arrive at the airport a few minutes early, inconvenient but unfortunately necessary in this instance.
Attached Images  
Zacnlinc and wrp96 like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Feb 15, 2019 at 12:32 pm
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
USA passport holder here and I too have this problem when I go to Hong Kong. Agent says that the "system" won't allow it as they need to verify that my passport is acceptable and if I have a visa for China, which I don't.

Follow the advice already given by getting to the airport earlier than planned. You are going to have to see an agent to check in as it's my understanding that even scanning your passport at the kiosks will not suffice.

I've had similar experiences when going to Australia where you need to confirm you have an ETA. Just got to the airport early and had no issues. That being said, every once and a while I've been able to just scan my passport at a kiosk and had no issues.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc

Happened to me going to/from Tokyo in December. OLCI didn't work, was told it was because they needed to verify my passport.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Question. We are traveling Ord to YYZ.one ticket and then YYZ to TLV on EL AL.. two questions..will I be able to check in online for tgge us to Canada flight. And any possibility of getting the El al boarding pass at ORD or will that have to wait until YYZ. We have carryon and a 4 hour layover so time and luggage should not be an issue but just trying to plan ahead.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
If your state of residence is not set on the itinerary, OLCI fails.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Grrr. "Unable to complete check-in, There are not enough 500-mile uprades..."

My travelling partner, a Gold, got an upgrade and still the AA system cannot use my 500-mile upgrades (of which I have 20+) for her flight, so we must check in at the airport.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Edit: Think I figured out the issue

Last edited by chenalex; Nov 13, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Question OLCI from Mexico

Has anyone done OLCI from Mexico (City, in my case) recently? I did with United successfully (uploaded test and CDC vax card), but I haven't done with AA. Does it work? Can I just use the AA app, or I do need to employ VeriFLY? Thank you.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
VeriFLY. Quick and painless
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by Puzzles
VeriFLY. Quick and painless
OK thanks. So VeriFLY is for flying TO the USA, not just going to other countries?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
Both. Download the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.