Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Domestic Admirals Clubs Offer Complimentary Alcoholic Drinks /Beverages (Oct 1, 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Admirals Clubs Offer Complimentary Alcoholic Drinks /Beverages (Oct 1, 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:11 pm

Wonderful news. I am travelling, wouldn't you know, on Oct 1, so this is "just in time" news. Plus I do a lot of domestic travel, and as an AC member, lack of free drinks always irritated me.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I don't see why it wouldn't be. But possibly the cost of a day pass increases?

Originally Posted by zipadee
Does anyone know if this is also good for one-day passes?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:12 pm

Programs: aa EXP, dl GM, mar LTPLT, hh DIA, spg PLT, ich AMB, nat EE, hertz PC
Originally Posted by emma dog
I wonder if this will be a members only benefit or will include Amex Platimum customers???
skyclub aka crown room, used to have a policy if you were in.. you were in and you drank for free. amex or member.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:12 pm

This is great news! This might actually make it worth my while to buy a membership.

My email indicated all customers, which should include one-day passes.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
This is a huge ^^^. I used to be a CO PC member before switching over to AA and was surprised that the AC didn't offer free booze in the domestic clubs. I was debating whether or not to renew this year and the opportunity to have a nice glass of wine before a flight makes it worth it to me.

Once you are admitted to the club, there is no way to differentiate who got in using their own membership, guest of a member, Amex Plat, premium cabin intl'l, etc.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:16 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Abidjan
I don't see why it wouldn't be. But possibly the cost of a day pass increases?
This is great news. However for their own sake, I do hope they don't increase the cost of the day pass [not that I use it], but compared to the day pass Delta offers for their Skylounge, AA's is quite expensive and some of their Skylounge offers some moderate food too and not just snacks.

I however doubt they will have it like in the FL concept, most probably they will still stick to the bar system in order for ID check or control purposes. Furthermore how can they sell those premium brands if the bar goes?

But a good step forward in any case to AA.

Cheers!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP 2015, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Diamond Marriott Silver Alamo Budget Hertz
It is good to see United and AA finally getting in line with what NWA has for ages.

NWA has the open bar with their World Clubs and now so does AA.
NWA has upgrades for their elite customer, much how UA adopted the UDU program. Amazing how the airlines "borrow" ideas from each other and call it a new concept :P

The change by AA, may warrent furthe investigation into the AA club system program for membership....the future is still out there.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by videomaker
I don't see that as a given. But I've always got my earbuds handy.

Overall, I see this as being a benefit that many here have wanted. I do wish, though, they would offer something a bit more creative in the way of snacks.
I agree. Fruit and bulk versions of the onboard snack are just uninspired.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Thanks AA!!!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:21 pm

One more thanks to AA !!!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:21 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Now if only you could get into the AC for Domestic Travel when you buy a $17,000 RTW First Class Ticket.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Now if only you could get into the AC for Domestic Travel when you buy a $17,000 RTW First Class Ticket.
I would have thought that an AC membership would be a rounding error on a $17K ticket.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:24 pm

Wonderful news from AA. Thanks!!!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:25 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by emma dog
I wonder if this will be a members only benefit or will include Amex Platimum customers???
I'd guess that anybody who's in the club will have access to the free booze since you don't want to bartender to also have to police who's in with whom and based on what type of access.

Perhaps they'll continue giving intl J/F and international oneworld Sapphire/Emerald guests chits to redeem for the premium stuff.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by tom911
Any speculation as to when the yearly membership fee will increase to support this new benefit?
I'm curious to know as well. I'm not sure I will be taking advantage of this as others, but...nice gesture.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.