Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

RBC Avion points and conversion to AA miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RBC Avion points and conversion to AA miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: Used to be AA Platinum during/after DONE5 in '05/'06, now, just longing for the good ol' days!
Originally Posted by theshaun
thanks for the heads up!
^^
Old May 15, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.rbcrewards.com/convert-points.html?tab=aa
Convert your RBC Rewards points into AMERICAN AIRLINES AADVANTAGE miles and receive 20% more††. Offer valid until June 30, 2013.
Old May 22, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: AA
Was just coming here to post the above. Great promotion.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.rbcrewards.com/convert-points.html?tab=aa

Convert your RBC Rewards points into AMERICAN AIRLINES AADVANTAGE miles and receive 20% more††. Offer valid from October 15, 2013 to November 30, 2013. Convert your points today!
Old Oct 19, 2013, 5:26 pm

Thanks nabeelj I'd have missed it without your post.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:51 am

Transferring point to AA - wait?

I just spoke to RBC Avion about a transfer I initiated 2-3 days ago. The agent said that AA only updates their points once a month and I would have to contact them to either try to expedite the transfer or have them "lend" me the points.

Does that make any sense? I've never heard of a points program taking so long to accept a transfer.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:06 am

Hi guys - I'm trying to do the Aeroplan -> Esso -> Avion -> AA.

I've read online that Esso requires 250 "transaction points" on the ESSO card to allow for transfers. I can't find any info on that.

So I called Esso twice.. the first time the gentleman said that was correct and I could not transfer points onto an ESSO card until 250 "transaction points" were obtained.

The second time, another guy said "I've never heard of that.. your points should transfer just fine"

AHHHHHHHHHHH. Any ideas?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I've merged your query into the existing thread. We do this to prevent information fragmentation, and to honor those who have already posted information related to the topic at hand.

/Moderator

Originally Posted by bennyblanco
I just spoke to RBC Avion about a transfer I initiated 2-3 days ago. The agent said that AA only updates their points once a month and I would have to contact them to either try to expedite the transfer or have them "lend" me the points.

Does that make any sense? I've never heard of a points program taking so long to accept a transfer.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:47 pm

Thanks - sorry about that.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:13 pm

Aeroplan --> Esso?

Please elaborate on Aeroplan --> Esso.
I've got a billion Aeroplan but I can't see how to get them started on this journey you're referring to. I'd love to get them to Avion, then to AAdvantage without a major devaluation!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:14 pm

Complete nonsense.
Nobody at Royal Bank of Canada knows anything about what happens in an AAdvantage account. Don't ask them.

Transfers post within a few days, always under a week.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:17 pm

Thanks yyzAAguy! For the Aeroplan -> Esso transfer, use points.com. But it's only worth it if RBC has a tranfer promo to AA going. Right now it's 20%. In the past it's been 50%, 30%, etc. Otherwise, not worth it in my opinion.

Lastly and biggest issue for you, you can only transfer 100,000 points from Aeroplan a year so it does kind of limit things.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:20 pm

Thanks yyzAAguy! For the Aeroplan -> Esso transfer, use points.com. But it's only worth it if RBC has a tranfer promo to AA going. Right now it's 20%. In the past it's been 50%, 30%, etc. Otherwise, not worth it in my opinion.

Lastly and biggest issue for you, you can only transfer 100,000 points from Aeroplan a year so it does kind of limit things.
I was afraid ot was Points.com. Don't they throw half the miles in the trash on the way to the target? I looked at it briefly a couple years ago and concluded it was crap. Has it improved?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 3:39 pm

I forget the exact ratio, but you get 68000 or so ESSO points for 100,000 Aeroplan points.

68000 ESSO points = 68000 RBC points = 68000 AA points + 20% = 82000 points give or take.

Basically 80 cents on the dollar. Not bad to get out of Aeroplan.
Old May 18, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA
anyone know when the RBC AA promo is going to run again? i think they usually do one this time of year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.