Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Going into DCA on an E175 recently (with the 2/2 configuration). I was in second row, window, no one in aisle. Guy in first row in front of me was in window, no one in aisle. After we reach 10K, he looks back, sees me, then moves over to the aisle seat so he can recline without invading my space. This temporarily restored my faith in humanity. However, at the end of the flight, I told him that was the most considerate thing I've seen on a plane in a long time and thanked him. He did not say "you're welcome." The nerve of some people!
Old May 8, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
AA doesn’t have a AUS-MCO non stop. I had to fly Trueblue today, the shame of group E. Also missed the cancellations out of DFW which I love for the irrops fun. Dang it!!
Old May 8, 2019, 6:54 am

Trying to standby to get home early, first leg MAF-DFW, at airport for 8:10 flight, delayed to 9:10 after arrival at airport (and scheduled runway depart is actually now 11:00), my actual flight isn’t until tonight. Going to be a long day.

Updated: Pushed at 9:10 to avoid crew timeout, ground hold at DFW though so 1:20 hold at MAF in 27D on a 319, larger gentlemen in the window causing middle pax to take 1/3 of my seat, so I am hanging out basically in the aisle. Thankful for IFE in the seat back to pass some time at least.

Update 2: Was offloaded from that flight after sitting for 2 hours, standby to 12:30, announced at 12:45 delayed till 2:30-3:00, CR9 exit at least and made it to DFW, now hoping for standby home. Whine about lack of Gold benefits, but they have treated me very well on a crazy day at DFW.

Last edited by jliehr; May 8, 2019 at 2:35 pm
Old May 11, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
No soup (chili) being refilled for near 40 minutes in the TPA admiral's club.

Leading me to decide to cash in on my $25.00 Barclay's Silver card food credit.

Only to be told no buy-on-board available on this flight. Daf*q??
Old May 11, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Freestyle machines in ACs are frequently disconnected from internet so I can’t scan the code with my app and have my favorites appear on the screen.

For that matter, all ACs don’t have a freestyle machine (I’m looking at you, JFK). Waste of my time and AC resources to wait at the bar for a soda.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: AA - My other choices are severely limited
I've always had an interest in observing ground operations when taxiing.
Now that we're back to the sweltering/steamy early mornings here in S Fla I'm once again finding my twice weekly AA2575 to DFW with foggy windows.
What really pi$$es me off is last time BOTH J windows had the audacity to do it!
Old May 19, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I guess a little more than least substantive. On Sunday I was nicely nested into seat 7F on a 738 at PHX when the GA comes onboard and demands to see my BP. I tell her the bp is on my phone but she won't give me 5 seconds to pull it up. Claiming I'm improperly seated I have to fight the incoming crowd to go back to the podium. When I arrive back at the podium the other GA says never mind the pax claiming to be in 7F gave us a wrong bp. So there I stand behind Group 9 to reboard the plane (luckily I didn't take any of my personal belongings with me). Doesn't AA's system tell them the pax that should be in that seat. If so it would clearly have shown my name and avoided all the drama.
I was seated and they then gave a pax behind me an upgrade on my last domestic flight - I had been at the top of the list but they took someone else instead, but it was a short flight (DFW-DEN) so I wasn't going to make a fuss. Then the GA came to me with a paper BP and asked me to verify my name, had a lengthy discussion in the galley, and returned the previously-upgraded pax to his seat and moved me up. There do seem to be some issues with them being able to read manifests.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zpaul
I was seated and they then gave a pax behind me an upgrade on my last domestic flight - I had been at the top of the list but they took someone else instead, but it was a short flight (DFW-DEN) so I wasn't going to make a fuss. Then the GA came to me with a paper BP and asked me to verify my name, had a lengthy discussion in the galley, and returned the previously-upgraded pax to his seat and moved me up. There do seem to be some issues with them being able to read manifests.
FTFY.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
The business center at the RDU Admirals Club is too close to the Sky Club, so it picks up the Sky Club's WiFi over the Admirals Club's.

AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Majuki
The business center at the RDU Admirals Club is too close to the Sky Club, so it picks up the Sky Club's WiFi over the Admirals Club's.

Is the DL wifi better?
Old May 20, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Antarius
Is the DL wifi better?
I have heard that it is, but that complaint is too substantive for this thread.
smitty06 and apeortdz like this.
Old May 24, 2019, 3:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Majuki
I have heard that it is, but that complaint is too substantive for this thread.
In my experience at RDU it's pretty much six one way, half a dozen the other
Old May 25, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Flying out of ORD tomorrow and I won’t be able to use first class check-in.
Antarius and robertablake like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by skunker
Flying out of ORD tomorrow and I won’t be able to use first class check-in.
Oh, so close.
skunker likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
I got SSSS'd in Canada, i think it is because my ticket had to be re-issued around T-20 hours due to some error, making it look like a last minute international flight. Pain in the keyster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.