Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BigOAir
Plus waiver of annual fees for life on your AA-branded CC of choice. That ought to do it.
I'd prefer a waiver of the CC pitch for life instead. You know, that special limited time Barclays offer that's so limited, its been here for a year
AANYC1981, DCAFly and BigOAir like this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by dp4m
My nuts today had ZERO walnuts and only one pistachio -- the rest were almonds and cashews.
Well there are never walnuts but presumably you mean pecans.

I only eat the pecans and the pistachios anymore.
dp4m likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Antarius
I'd prefer a waiver of the CC pitch for life instead. You know, that special limited time Barclays offer that's so limited, its been here for a year
Excellent idea. I think I need to add free AC membership for life. I am an American after all, and compensation for pain and suffering is part of our national credo.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP sad former CK, Bonvoy LT Plat, BAEC Gold, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
Flight attendant warned us during taxi that the IFE and WIFI were down (new Oasis aircraft). On trying it after take off, no problem, everything worked great. BUT I was subjected to 10 minutes or so of unbridled, but unfounded anxiety that I couldn't stream the Masters in flight... I am in a cold sweat just thinking about it now.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I miss "on behalf of your ____ based flight crew ... welcome to ____". They don't consistently announce where the crew is based out of anymore. I don't know why I care about this, I just thought it was cool and interesting.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Here's a new one for me...

A couple weeks ago, landing from LHR on AA21 (1600 landing bank at DFW), the FA gets on the intercom and starts admonishing everyone that they should be ready to exit the plane ASAP when we land, because there are 1000 other people landing at the same time internationally to clear customs. (Basically true).

The tone of her voice was quite amusing. I could imagine those back in the rear of Y were quite alarmed by it. She made it sound like if they did not fly off the plane, they would be screwed, and would miss their connections.

It was so odd. Never heard anything like that in my 10+ years of frequent INTL travel from DFW.

Then, ironically, we parked on the apron for 25 min waiting for a gate. Lol
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Well there are never walnuts but presumably you mean pecans.

I only eat the pecans and the pistachios anymore.
On two of my recent flights, the nuts were mushy, not crunchy. Microwave issue?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by catcher1
On two of my recent flights, the nuts were mushy, not crunchy. Microwave issue?
That has been my experience with nearly every warm mixed nuts offering the past 2 years.
platbrownguy, United747 and zpaul like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:08 am

beef in business on DFW HKG was cooked medium. RAGE!
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by carlosnunez.dfw
you prefer well done with ketchup?
econometrics, jhalapin and Airrage like this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by carlosnunez.dfw
Yes, well overdone, Give me "bleu" any day..
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:37 am

The never film remakes of the "toxic" music video when I'm on board.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
AA seems to have gotten rid of the white cheddar popcorn in the black bag passed out on short haul and regional flights and replaced it with a very bland "salt popcorn." I might have to see about a status match on UA now.

Also the Korean BBQ beef jerky is gone as well.
SouthernCross and Antarius like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by econometrics
Here's a new one for me...

A couple weeks ago, landing from LHR on AA21 (1600 landing bank at DFW), the FA gets on the intercom and starts admonishing everyone that they should be ready to exit the plane ASAP when we land, because there are 1000 other people landing at the same time internationally to clear customs. (Basically true).

The tone of her voice was quite amusing. I could imagine those back in the rear of Y were quite alarmed by it. She made it sound like if they did not fly off the plane, they would be screwed, and would miss their connections.

It was so odd. Never heard anything like that in my 10+ years of frequent INTL travel from DFW.

Then, ironically, we parked on the apron for 25 min waiting for a gate. Lol
I miss when FAs would pro-actively work with folks that had a tight connection, providing them with terminal directions and making it clear to everyone that they need to let them out first and that they would expect the same think if they were in their shoes.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
It's March and the Admirals Club hasn't changed its WiFi password since January.
Shhhhhh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.