Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
BHM - DCA on Monday (on a CRJ). They only had pretzels and not those Biscoff cookies I like. Oh the humanity!
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, B6, Hertz President's Circle, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, VX Elevate Gold (RIP)
During my visit to JFK's Flagship Lounge Monday morning, I felt like sipping a Bloody Mary so I headed over to the station with all the fixings. There were no glasses there so I had to walk all the way over to the general bar area to get a glass and then walk all the back to the Bloody Mary station. Unacceptable!

Last edited by BigOAir; Apr 11, 2019 at 4:41 pm
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by jliehr
DFW to Vegas tonight, I am in a MCE aisle, a younger couple sits next to me and the guy apologizes and tells me they will be making out the whole flight. Before we had even left the gate they are all over each other, her breast is out for a moment at one point and his hand is in her lap with a blanket which is moving around. I get the FA’s attention and glance that way, she literally says not my problem I am in the back and keeps going. A few minutes later (we are taxiing at this point) another FA comes by and tells them they are being inappropriate and they have observed his hands where they shouldn’t be in public tells them to comply or they were headed back to the gate. They begin again during takeoff and the FA in the jump seat sees me glancing at her in hopes something will be done. She comes over and asks me if I want to move or see if they can move, it’s a full plane mind you, I say it is what it is and try to watch a movie. They did decide to not serve them alcohol on the flight and while they didn’t stop, it definitely settled down mostly. They did apologize on my way off the plane, but it was an interesting 3 hours for sure. I guess I won’t complain to AA, doubt it does any good and other than the initial poor response and then putting me on the spot in an uncomfortable situation they did the best they could I guess? The female at the window also got into it with the guy in front of her, he reclined and she started mashing the IFE screen, he told her to stop, some choice words followed. Guess I deserve it for going to Vegas?
Going home to their regular partners I think so they had to get one last bit of formicating in.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Visconti
Getting SSSS when returning home to America, on an American passport with GE, born in America, on a carrier named American Airlines. What the heck? On a RT flight, no less.
Same deal for me, happens at least once a year, usually flying home from ZRH.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by BigOAir
During my visit to JFK's Flagship Lounge Monday morning, I felt like sipping a Bloody Mary so I headed over to the station with all the fixings. There were no glasses there so I had to walk all the way over to the general bar area to get a glass and walk all the back to the Bloody Mary station. Unacceptable!
How many steps did you get in?
BigOAir likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, B6, Hertz President's Circle, HH Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, VX Elevate Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by robertablake
How many steps did you get in?
68, but AA’s failure to adequately stock the Bloody Mary station is still unforgivable! Lol.
robertablake likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DCAFly
BHM - DCA on Monday (on a CRJ). They only had pretzels and not those Biscoff cookies I like. Oh the humanity!
too serious for this thread.

biscoff ^
hard airline pretzels
GrumpyYoungMan and DCAFly like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
You need to let your Congressperson, who probably flies that flight regularly, know about that awful deficiency.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beachmouse
You need to let your Congressperson, who probably flies that flight regularly, know about that awful deficiency.
Or better yet, their aide. At least something might get done about it that way.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:38 pm

The laddle in the AC oatmeal is wider than the bowl and it always creates a mini mess.
platbrownguy and tetudc like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rebob
Or better yet, their aide. At least something might get done about it that way.
I'm thinking of asking for compensation. 25K miles should adequately compensate me for my pain and suffering, don't you all agree?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Certainly!
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:11 pm

I'm thinking of asking for compensation. 25K miles should adequately compensate me for my pain and suffering, don't you all agree?

Plus waiver of annual fees for life on your AA-branded CC of choice. That ought to do it.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
Originally Posted by bigoair
during my visit to jfk's flagship lounge monday morning, i felt like sipping a bloody mary so i headed over to the station with all the fixings. There were no glasses there so i had to walk all the way over to the general bar area to get a glass and then walk all the back to the bloody mary station. Unacceptable!
bloody hell!
BigOAir and Check like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by bobnchi
bloody hell!
Haha! Exactly!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.