Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
the fact that the coffee cups at all the clubs are nested so tightly that you have to forceably pull them apart and touch more than one. ... well except MIA where they hide 'em.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
When some asshat on NRT-LAX dropped his/her cell phone into the vacuum toilet, causing the 789 that makes up AA 2543 to incur a 2+ hour delay as maintenance figures out what to do about it. Busted my connection and am now getting home to DCA 7.5 hours late. Agents at AC let me into the Flagship lounge to grab dinner.
chitink likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
When some asshat on NRT-LAX dropped his/her cell phone into the vacuum toilet, causing the 789 that makes up AA 2543 to incur a 2+ hour delay as maintenance figures out what to do about it. Busted my connection and am now getting home to DCA 7.5 hours late. Agents at AC let me into the Flagship lounge to grab dinner.
lol asshat

This really can't be that rare. People drop their phones in the toilet all the time; no reason that airplane toilets should be immune. Managing to do it before takeoff is impressive though.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Hertz PC , Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nismo240ssx
the fact that the coffee cups at all the clubs are nested so tightly that you have to forceably pull them apart and touch more than one. ... well except MIA where they hide 'em.
I end up molesting three or four cups before I get one loose. Very annoying!
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Hoping there is enough speed tape for the cowling/engine housing joint....

Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Hoping there is enough speed tape for the cowling/engine housing joint....

This is an FAA approved mechanical fix procedure???
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
The AA.com homepage ads continue to sell me on an AC membership even when logged in, but I've been one for years
zpaul and Spanish like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
This is an FAA approved mechanical fix procedure???
Yes, actually it is. Speed tape is a very technical and expensive material, and by expensive I mean Parker would probably pucker if he saw these guys using it.
JDiver, zpaul and AAdamE like this.

Last edited by SouthernCross; Feb 6, 2019 at 1:37 am
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by tampatravel
I end up molesting three or four cups before I get one loose. Very annoying!
I always pick up whatever comes up, then grab the inner-most cup that came off with my initial pull. That way I've only molested the rim of the cup I intend to further molest by drinking out of it. Otherwise I've just touched the part that's for touching.
T. Sanderson and robertablake like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Galley light in A321s which is a LED strip (attached to wall just forward of 1R) set on high beam and dazzles occupants of 1A, 1C, 2C and less substantially other pax. I wish they had more indirect task lighting to allow FAs to do their duties while not simultaneously blinding pax. Especially bothersome on nighttime flights.

It’s rare for FAs to make use of galley curtain which significantly cuts down the glare.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tismfu
Galley light in A321s which is a LED strip (attached to wall just forward of 1R) set on high beam and dazzles occupants of 1A, 1C, 2C and less substantially other pax. I wish they had more indirect task lighting to allow FAs to do their duties while not simultaneously blinding pax. Especially bothersome on nighttime flights.

It’s rare for FAs to make use of galley curtain which significantly cuts down the glare.
I don't consider that a stupid thing to complain about having dealt w/it myself even though I was all the way at the back-gave me a wicked headache. FA's just shrugged.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by txrus
I don't consider that a stupid thing to complain about having dealt w/it myself even though I was all the way at the back-gave me a wicked headache. FA's just shrugged.
The forward galley light on the 789 is equally as bad.....had that thing shining on me for 12 hours to Seoul in row 2.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
My bloody mary in the JFK Flagship First Dining on February 17 came with a plastic straw.
Antarius, AANYC1981 and potus18 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Opposite of twins!

Originally Posted by jcatman
My bloody mary in the JFK Flagship First Dining on February 17 came with a plastic straw.
My complaint is that the Flagship ORD lounge doesn't have plastic straws.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chitink
My complaint is that the Flagship ORD lounge doesn't have plastic straws.
Perhaps it is in advance of the straw ban ORDinance

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ba...cago-election/

" But Ald. Raymond Lopez (15th), who plans to propose a City Council ordinance, said environmental groups had the opportunity ahead of the election to raise awareness on the issue. "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.