Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SFO777
That's where you are mistaken. They are an Arizona airline.
With a Chicago-based IPA, smdh.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:33 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

The Decline of AA Customer Oriented Culture

Last week on a flight in F, I needed to hit up the lavatory after takeoff. I typically try to at least wait until the FA gets up and starts moving around before getting up since in the US pilots rarely turn off the seat belt sign until 30-45 minutes after departure.

Someone from Y went to the lav. As soon as that person started walking down back to Y another person from Y walked up to the lav at the same time before the outgoing customer passed my row. After the second person, a third one did the same and this customer asked the FA where was the lav to which the FA gladly pointed her in the right direction knowing she came up from Y.

At this point, I decided probably best to get up and hang out near the galley. Then all of sudden the adjacent galley curtain opened and the FA starts sternly scolding me in a loud voice so that supposedly the entire F cabin can hear her “doing right” by her F customers instructing me that there are two lavatories in the back of the plane for coach customers and this lavatory is for first class only.

My seat companion shouted back while the FA kept instructing me to go back to Y saying he is in first class. Perplexed, as if she could not possibly imagine me in F, she peered into the cabin and noticed the empty seat, aka my seat, then shrugged and said nevermind before closing the curtain.

After I came out of the bathroom two minutes later the FA was talking to my companion as if nothing happened complaining that its so rude when Y customers walks through the curtain between F and Y.

Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
You have multiple complaints that are far too substantive for this thread, but did the FA at least offer you a credit card application as a consolation prize sometime during the flight?
Antarius and jhalapin like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:38 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Majuki
You have multiple complaints that are far too substantive for this thread, but did the FA at least offer you a credit card application as a consolation prize sometime during the flight?
I have a feeling there was a strong urge on her part and I have to compliment her for not succumbing to her desire to offer me the credit card application.

She did offer me drinks and snacks from the basket. Only if the beef jerky came in a bigger bag.
DFW_CK likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Only if the beef jerky came in a bigger bag.
Now, that's a valid complaint for this thread.
twa777 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Shouldn't the credit card apps for F passengers come with names pre-filled in? Shouldn't pax who paid with their hard-earned cash or status get that little personal touch?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:34 pm

Fell asleep while still wearing my personal Bose headphones in J. FA woke me up 1.5 hours before landing trying to collect my headphones.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Fell asleep while still wearing my personal Bose headphones in J. FA woke me up 1.5 hours before landing trying to collect my headphones.
I've had that happen before too. I've also had them be adamant that I need to return my (personal) headphones when I declined to accept the pair they handed out. I've taken to receiving a pair if they're distributed and placing the container with the headphones inside of the case, unused, next to my armrest if I decide to nap within 2 hours of landing.
IAD_flyer and E55 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Ugh, sucks.

I voiced fear of that in another thread just days ago but it was shot down because apparently the FAs are used to people owning their own.

They should hand them out with PDBs or something, and take note then if you already have your own.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:22 am

Silver. ^^^^^^^ ones
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Next year this PIA will shift to B&O H9I headset owners. I think this is AA's way of spreading the pain to a whole new audience.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30265344-post45.html
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The jfk flagship lounge is a kindergarten today. I’ve never seen a lounge with so many babies, kids and teenagers. Reason probably is that they are letting in anybody with status with many kids and spouse. Since I am guilty also I won’t be complaining about that. My Complain is the stupid emotional support dog running loose. If you really need a poodle to survive can you it at least be kept from running around?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
The jfk flagship lounge is a kindergarten today. I’ve never seen a lounge with so many babies, kids and teenagers. Reason probably is that they are letting in anybody with status with many kids and spouse. Since I am guilty also I won’t be complaining about that. My Complain is the stupid emotional support dog running loose. If you really need a poodle to survive can you it at least be kept from running around?
That’s way too substantive for this thread.

Btw, if there’s an animal, child or adult out of control, that’s time to let the AAngels know.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:08 pm

Ice cubes in the ORD Flagship lounge are too small.
DFW_CK likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:13 pm

On the subject of ice (and this applies to the entire United States), far too much ice served with soft drinks / water.

I’ve said this on here before, but a thimble of water / Diet Coke served over a mountain of ice is not the refreshing beverage i’d hoped for. Then just being left with a cup of ice. Or, the absolute worst, it being there for people to chew.

There seeming to be no rhyme or reason as to whether it’s a cookies or pretzel flight. Or at least that I can identify.
Antarius and catcher1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.