Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:47 am

The AA.com graphics team who searched stock photo images for about 3 seconds and settled with this low-resolution picture of an impaired driver struggling to stay in his/her lane.

twa777, DFW_CK, AANYC1981 and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by SouthernCross
PEK Terminal 2 ...

Seriously, why does AA operate out of Terminal 2, and not Terminal 3 with the rest of OW?

edited to add: This thread pretty much explains it. Have there been any hints (or speculation) what to expect when Beijing Daxing opens in October 2019?
Legit beef. Terminal 2 is horrible. I've had more exciting experiences at AVL.
SouthernCross likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:08 pm

I'm going to get luggage tags made that say "I HATE sitting in the class of service I paid for."
Because I do!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
The snack I had on my PHL>LAS this week had a vanilla yogurt, blueberries, and a granola bar.........as well as a packet of salt and pepper. Who is putting salt and pepper in their yogurt?
zpaul likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA good-riddance, Safeway Club Card Extraordinaire

This stupid thing

AA Vacations and their stupid #(*&@ scroll-down banner. It shifts the entire page downwards 1-2 seconds after the site comes up, making me click on the ad banner instead of the Login button. Driving me nuts!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
On AKL-LAX 2018-11-12 my seat didn't recline quite all the way flat. It was really close. I tried to whack it into place, and FAs tried to do...something to make it go flat, but it wouldn't. They apologized and gave me 10,000 RDMs for my trouble. I had paid about $1000 for the coach ticket and then an SWU. This seems appropriately not substantive...
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Science Goy
AA Vacations and their stupid #(*&@ scroll-down banner. It shifts the entire page downwards 1-2 seconds after the site comes up, making me click on the ad banner instead of the Login button. Driving me nuts!
So this pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel sewn onto the front of his pants. The bartender is like "hey, what's with the steering wheel?" and the pirate says "Aaaarrr! It's drivin' me nuts!"
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:44 pm

From Gary, vftw, via LinkedIn, unexpected (but expected) change fees: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-i...ZMrAjj2em04HJE
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
Originally Posted by caburrito
From Gary, vftw, via LinkedIn, unexpected (but expected) change fees: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-i...ZMrAjj2em04HJE
Not sure how lack of awareness is AA's fault.

My complaint. The new wooden stir sticks vs the previous plastic cocktail straws.
seigex likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by nismo240ssx
Not sure how lack of awareness is AA's fault.
I think that's why it was posted in this particular thread

"Chief Visionary Officer" also wins the award for the stupidest, least-substantive job title imaginable
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
How dare you clutter this thread with meaningful and valid complaints?
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
"Chief Visionary Officer" also wins the award for the stupidest, least-substantive job title imaginable
Someone who sits and thinks, or just sits. It would be better to be "Chief Oracle" because you could then deliver inscrutable answers and create an opening for "Chief Interpretive Officer".
Science Goy likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
AA.com and its persistent 400 Error....

12 hour layovers on award tickets....
tampatravel likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by MADPhil
Someone who sits and thinks, or just sits. It would be better to be "Chief Oracle" because you could then deliver inscrutable answers and create an opening for "Chief Interpretive Officer".
let's also not lose sight of the fact that this particular "visionary's" main concern is brokering Arby's locations in the greater Fort Worth area.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by caburrito
Such an entitled Chief Visionary Officer, so puffed up with self-worth. I guess that’s his vision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.