Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2021, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
Currently at LHR. I am Platinum Pro and traveling in J. Lounge agent at the BA lounge did not know the AA status tiers and looked at me confused as to why I was trying to use the lounge after scanning my boarding pass. She typed a bunch on the computer and then said "fine just come on through" as if she did me a favor. Huge first world problem but I could probably complain to AA and at least get an apology (I will not though; ultimately who cares).
Not sure why status would matter if in J unless it was Concord room?
Old Jun 8, 2021, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by BarrenLucidity
Correct, it should not. The lounge agent simply did not know what she was doing. AA does not have a lounge in T5 at LHR, so all J customers use the BA lounge until AA moves back to T3 (if ever).
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Currently at LHR. I am Platinum Pro and traveling in J. Lounge agent at the BA lounge did not know the AA status tiers and looked at me confused as to why I was trying to use the lounge after scanning my boarding pass. She typed a bunch on the computer and then said "fine just come on through" as if she did me a favor. Huge first world problem but I could probably complain to AA and at least get an apology (I will not though; ultimately who cares).
Originally Posted by BarrenLucidity
Correct, it should not. The lounge agent simply did not know what she was doing. AA does not have a lounge in T5 at LHR, so all J customers use the BA lounge until AA moves back to T3 (if ever).
Now it would be an issue if AA stopped printing the pax OW status on the boarding pass to save ink..
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for the upgrade, but why would we want to sit on opposite sides of the cabin?

Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AAdamE
Thanks for the upgrade, but why would we want to sit on opposite sides of the cabin?

Well, technically both of your seats are on the port side of the cabin ..
renila, wrp96, jhalapin and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by AAdamE

Maybe that is an upgrade for the person you are flying with.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Now it would be an issue if AA stopped printing the pax OW status on the boarding pass to save ink..
OW status is not an issue, as the Business Class BP should be enough to get in
Old Jun 17, 2021, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
I wish they would stop sending email surveys that purport to try and make their service better for elites, but are actually just phishing attempts for their prepaid business flight program.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mvoight
OW status is not an issue, as the Business Class BP should be enough to get in
unless the poster was trying to get into the first lounge instead of the J lounge since there is concorde room (currently terrace), first lounge and a business lounge.

i do not even know if plat pro has already been bumped as a OWE? i mean that is pretty recent, and not like they get a lot of traffic this last year!
Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
J ticket should get in to the J lounge, which is pretty good at LHR if they have not totally jacked it up
Old Jun 23, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Talking

This is a major issue that needs to be fixed immediately--AA must toss these cookies and bring back the bigger ones in the two-packs ASAP, or I'll never fly AA again.
https://viewfromthewing.com/american...-to-a-package/
physicsdude likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by taxatty56
This is a major issue that needs to be fixed immediately--AA must toss these cookies and bring back the bigger ones in the two-packs ASAP, or I'll never fly AA again.
https://viewfromthewing.com/american...-to-a-package/
This does not belong in the least substantive complaints thread.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by VSLover
unless the poster was trying to get into the first lounge instead of the J lounge since there is concorde room (currently terrace), first lounge and a business lounge.

i do not even know if plat pro has already been bumped as a OWE? i mean that is pretty recent, and not like they get a lot of traffic this last year!
I was only trying to access the Galleries South Business Lounge. Nice lounge but it was way too crowded as you can buy up to business on a short haul BA flight for ~$35.

FWIW my boarding pass still said Sapphire as a Plat Pro. So I guess no bump yet.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 4:07 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

DFW A lounge. Look at this! Just look at this! OMG!
Old Aug 1, 2021, 11:57 am

I can not read the Executive Platinum phone number on back of my AAdvantage card! Why is the font so small? How dare American assume I am a frequent flyer. Oh wait............they already know I am frequent flyer. DELETE DELETE
GlobalMatt and fotographer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.