Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
On LAX-MIA Flagship, cutbacks in amenity Kit - no more socks (my feet are cold) .
ire significant, the bottles of water have been cut in half volume-wise. Seems like a miscater from HKG or Haneda based on the ideograms.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
On LAX-MIA Flagship, cutbacks in amenity Kit - no more socks (my feet are cold) .
ire significant, the bottles of water have been cut in half volume-wise. Seems like a miscater from HKG or Haneda based on the ideograms.
So larger bottles of water on a relatively short flight, but 1/2 size for a 14+ hour flight? Outrage!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:26 pm

EXP Drink Request

Sitting waaaay in the back today, was asked what I wanted to drink on a short flight from DFW. "Gin and Soda", I said. Was handed the soda and no gin but was given two snack boxes. FA ran off before I could ask again and never made eye contact with me again. Landed 40 minutes later. Snacks for later?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
FA remembered I had ordered my coffee with 2 sugar, 2 cream, and brought the second cup already mixed as such. Why the complaint? I had wanted a third sugar this time!
jacket1 and Scoit like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Was flying some international flight recently and watched Aquaman. AA really has to stop showing such terrible movies. Two hours and twenty minutes I've never get back. Or really, maybe 1:30, because I kept fast forwarding.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: AA ExePlat
Choosing to read this thread, Chicken Leg? A new low for 77W F LHR-MIA, on the spotty Free T-Mobile via GoGo wifi
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsieds
Choosing to read this thread, Chicken Leg? A new low for 77W F LHR-MIA, on the spotty Free T-Mobile via GoGo wifi
I hope you enjoyed my contributions to that thread
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: AA ExePlat
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I hope you enjoyed my contributions to that thread
Your comments, as always, are top notch. However 15 minutes were wasted from the 1-hour of T-Mobile free GoGo wifi
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jsieds
Your comments, as always, are top notch. However 15 minutes were wasted from the 1-hour of T-Mobile free GoGo wifi
LOL!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Same FA who didn't know what whiskey was last week (compass regional YVR-LAX) refused to give me the full can of IPA this time. Told me if I want the rest of it, then she will refill my glass, but I can't have the can. First time that's happened.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sudobuntu
They keep calling them "Bose headsets" when distributing and collecting them. Twice today, on intl F and tcon F.
The AVOD screen informed me that the FAs were going to collect the Bose headsets shortly. Not only did it interrupt whatever drivel I had on, it is no longer accurate.
MorganB likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I’m flying out of LGA and all DL planes have their tails lit with lights as if they’re proud to showcase their brand identity. Then we go by the AA gates and almost all AA planes at the gates even with passengers on them have dark tails and you can barely see what airline it is if you didn’t know the gate set up at LGA.

Even SPIRIT has their tail lit.

Come on......
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Seems I always receive the email reminder to check in for my upcoming flight about an hour after I check in for my upcoming flight.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Rebob
Seems I always receive the email reminder to check in for my upcoming flight about an hour after I check in for my upcoming flight.
Just an hour? I sometimes get them after landing.
GlobalMatt, arlflyer and Scoit like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Rebob
To be honest though, this is neither stupid nor non substantive, because it is indicative of the AA IT system’s inability to handle pushing out information in a timely manner. Laughable here, but in other contexts can have pretty significant implications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.