Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Today the FA motioned to me (and others in F/C) that an announcement was being made. Ok, I know it's a FA pet peeve so I take off my headset and listen. Later in the flight, the same FA does the same announcement motion. I take the headset off to hear the Barclay ad. Really?
Old May 28, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by txpenny
Today the FA motioned to me (and others in F/C) that an announcement was being made. Ok, I know it's a FA pet peeve so I take off my headset and listen. Later in the flight, the same FA does the same announcement motion. I take the headset off to hear the Barclay ad. Really?
Just out of fear of being singled out, I remove my imaginary earbuds in slow motion each time as well.

That way they know that I'm paying close attention to the many benefits of the Barclaaaaaays card and how it can make transform my life.

Last edited by enpremiere; May 28, 2019 at 3:04 pm Reason: Clarification
Old May 28, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I just like to frown overly dramatically but I do like the invisible earbuds. How's the sound quality on those?
enpremiere likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hyatt EXPL, *all* the CC statuses
They keep calling them "Bose headsets" when distributing and collecting them. Twice today, on intl F and tcon F.
econometrics likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum
The handsets have to be stored with the letter buttons upside down in 788 J:

Old May 29, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mcrw00
The handsets have to be stored with the letter buttons upside down in 788 J:

That is so wrong.
mcrw00 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Stop "Vocal Communications" Upon Door Closed

On a recent departure the FA was announcing that the doors were closed and that laptops had to be stowed, cell phones needed to be put into airplane mode AND we needed to stop "vocal communications". I think that I know what they were referring to, but it could also just mean, everyone stop talking, which seems a little excessive IMHO.
dciolli likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
The Fat Tire was warm on my last flight.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by zpaul
The Fat Tire was warm on my last flight.
That's substantive.
zpaul, Antarius and dciolli like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
On a AA Compass regional (YVR-LAX) flight, the napkin FA was handing me fell to the ground while serving me a drink and the flight attendant pretty loudly called me a "hot mess". She was joking, but still inappropriate imho. Later in the flight, asked another FA who was walking by for a second drink (1.5 hour in to a 2.5 hour flight) and got an eye roll and a sigh.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Rebob
I just like to frown overly dramatically but I do like the invisible earbuds. How's the sound quality on those?
probably similar to the free Avis ones they hand out.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
probably similar to the free Avis ones they hand out.
I mow the lawn wearing these. The fact that they are free overvalues their quality, but if I drop them under the mower I won't care.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
I mow the lawn wearing these. The fact that they are free overvalues their quality, but if I drop them under the mower I won't care.
Every pair i've ever "used" seems to be broken as soon as I unwrap it and at best one of the ears works at a barely audible volume.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:11 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
On a recent flight home, upon landing at ORD, the FAs played "Sweet Home Chicago" followed by "Go Cubs Go" during the taxi to the gate.

As a White Sox fan, I find this extraordinarily offensive.

GlobalMatt, AeRoSpaceman and zpaul like this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HYT PLT
If you live in Chicago you should be used to it by now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.