Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 4, 15, 5:16 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie View Post
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 20, 19, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
Perhaps it is in advance of the straw ban ORDinance

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ba...cago-election/

" But Ald. Raymond Lopez (15th), who plans to propose a City Council ordinance, said environmental groups had the opportunity ahead of the election to raise awareness on the issue. "
It is, sadly I live in this city as well.
Old Feb 20, 19, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
Perhaps it is in advance of the straw ban ORDinance

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ba...cago-election/

" But Ald. Raymond Lopez (15th), who plans to propose a City Council ordinance, said environmental groups had the opportunity ahead of the election to raise awareness on the issue. "
Many cities in South Florida have already passed a similar ban, but allows non-plastic straws. It just brings us back to the older days before plastic became cheap enough to create straws. The comeback of the paper straw that is a wet noodle after about ten minutes unless you remove it between sips.
Old Feb 21, 19, 12:54 pm

Programs: Lots
Why is it that a kiosk will give me a boarding pass just by typing in my AAdvantage number but if I want one from a gate agent standing behind the machine I have to show ID? Why can’t I just tell him / her the same number?
Old Feb 21, 19, 2:12 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by IggySD View Post
Why is it that a kiosk will give me a boarding pass just by typing in my AAdvantage number but if I want one from a gate agent standing behind the machine I have to show ID? Why canít I just tell him / her the same number?
Because computers know more than humans these days.
krakendown likes this.
Old Feb 21, 19, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA CK 7mm, Marriott/SPG/Ritz confussion reigns, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
The wine list LAX to AKL listed a New Zealand Sauv Blanc. The caterer substituted a South African Chard. Oh, the horror!
zpaul, fotographer and AA100k like this.
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:18 pm
Original Poster
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rowingman View Post
The wine list LAX to AKL listed a New Zealand Sauv Blanc. The caterer substituted a South African Chard. Oh, the horror!
But at least they were considerate and keeping it from the southern hemisphere.
AA100k likes this.
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver, UA 1K, AA LT PLT
Originally Posted by rowingman View Post
No doubt catering found a cheaper southern Hemisphere wine to substitute to get their per pax food and beverage catering cost below the $3 goal.
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My first humble contribution here: using the silverware in the LAX Qantas First lounge feels like I'm in prison.
zpaul likes this.
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA CK 7mm, Marriott/SPG/Ritz confussion reigns, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
Oh the doubters. Just googled the bottle (hey, chief purser was over the top thanking me for being a loyal AA flyer, so spotted me a bottle). Anyway, it is a 12 GBP/$17 USD bottle according to the internet. Not the cheapest swill I have consumed, by a long shot. Bottle is chilled here in the NZ mountains, and much appreciated. Not as much as a kiwi Sauv Blanc, but still appreciated.
Old Feb 22, 19, 6:14 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Why is it that the nuts served on AA have more almonds that Cashews.... I want more cashews
apeortdz and gradboozer like this.
Old Feb 22, 19, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, Hertz PresCir
Originally Posted by fotographer View Post
Why is it that the nuts served on AA have more almonds that Cashews.... I want more cashews
Gotta disagree with you there. In my opinion addressing the shortage of pecans is the far more substantive least substantive issue with the nut mix.
GrumpyYoungMan and MarkOK like this.
Old Feb 22, 19, 7:52 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I wasted all this time smiling and posing only to find out American never turned on the seat back entertainment system cameras.
tismfu, apeortdz, zpaul and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 22, 19, 10:10 am

Programs: AA - PlatPro, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Executive, NEXUS
I have a new one: the bathrooms at the DEN AC are in the shared (with SkyClub) public lobby, where ANYONE AT ALL could come in and use them!
zpaul and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Feb 22, 19, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by Check View Post
Gotta disagree with you there. In my opinion addressing the shortage of pecans is the far more substantive least substantive issue with the nut mix.
I bemoan the lack of peanuts. Unquestionably the most superior nut.
Old Feb 22, 19, 12:11 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
I bemoan the lack of peanuts. Unquestionably the most superior nut.
Yet not actually a nut. It's the imposter nut.

Search this Thread