Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Old May 11, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by JohnVernon
And where are we now supposed to get the little, TSA compliant tubes of Crest toothpaste?
I always have my dentist give me extra little bottles of blue Crest rinse, because I go through those many times faster than the mini-tubes of toothpaste. (2 days per rinse bottle vs at least 5 days per toothpaste tube)

I don't need any more toothpaste though, because I recently asked Mrs. pa3lsvt to get me some "blue Crest rinse" when she was running to the local Target. Qty (10), in fact, as I had about 3 weeks of constant travel coming up.

She brought home 10 toothpaste tubes instead. I'm good there for a while now.
zpaul and JohnVernon like this.
Old May 11, 2018, 4:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by PHL
The Republic crews on my near weekly E175 route are inconsistent with the order they offer the First class meals. They don't follow the FEBO. When asked about this, they say it's too hard to keep track of because they may be flying as an AA crew one flight, and DL on the next (in the same day). Maybe the airlines should all standardize on the first class meal selection order so the contract carriers don't have to be confused.
AA hadn’t followed FEBO for over three years now. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-sep-14-a.html
Old May 11, 2018, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
That time you think you’re about read something new and then just see it’s just a forum correction
Old May 11, 2018, 5:35 pm

The line to enter the ORD H/K A/C was out into the hallway yesterday afternoon
Old May 13, 2018, 9:14 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by JDiver
AA hadn’t followed FEBO for over three years now. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-sep-14-a.html
I'd forgotten that, which means it's even more inconsistent. I've been on Westbound flights from NY to Chicago, transiting a time zone, and they still served from front to rear - and that was mainline. I've been on Eastbound flights (Republic) that cross a timezone and they have done it both ways.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
I always have my dentist give me extra little bottles of blue Crest rinse, because I go through those many times faster than the mini-tubes of toothpaste. (2 days per rinse bottle vs at least 5 days per toothpaste tube)
How many times a day are you brushing your teeth???
Old May 14, 2018, 6:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was on a Saturday SBY-PHL flight last week on an ERJ-145. I was one of three people and they still claimed the flight was too short for drinks!
zhangg likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
The line to enter the ORD H/K A/C was out into the hallway yesterday afternoon
That complaint is totally legit.
nismo240ssx and E55 like this.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Ships 737 and 738 (N737US and N738US) are Airbus 319s.
dcmike, maat777, zpaul and 4 others like this.
Old May 15, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Bonvoy Plat, National EE
The new mints are sub-par to the old ones.
Being told that they've run out of CC when you're the first one to have a drink order taken.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
AA Waisting My Time By Duplicating Message in Same E-mail

Just received this from AA. Had to read the same message twice, albeit in a slightly different format:

Old May 26, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Occasionally I get a seat where the buckle side of the seatbelt strap is attached to the seat backwards so you have to twist the belt a half turn in order to buckle it. Sometimes I will report it to the FA as a maintenance issue. While it's a minor nuance, I do believe the seatbelt is not as safe with a half twist in it.
MichaelKade and E55 like this.
Old May 26, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I recently had an EU261 claim approved. I took the $800 voucher instead of the 600 euros in cash. I was expecting to get a tax free voucher like the ones you get at the gate for voluntary denied boarding. But it looks like I just got a regular evoucher where taxes are owed.
E55 likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Talking

The new luggage placards on my 738 this morning read: Reserved for Flagship Business
Then on the next 738 the MCE baggage signs in the overhead bins were placed crooked on a slant
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Long line for guacamole last week at the CLT C/D A/C. Nice lady makes it, however, and I always give her a nice tip.
JDiver and EDnearJQF like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.