Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs

I got upgraded to F, yay, and who was sitting two rows behind me?

KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR, that's who.

I had to maintain a calm exterior while my interior thoughts were jumping up and down with glee. I so admire Kareem both on and off the basketball court.

But I also respect a man's privacy.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
how about all of these crazy elite qual challenges going on? Can't even get a free MCE seat nowadays on the flights I take...
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:45 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I never got an email yesterday telling me I was upgraded. I demand compensation!
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LadySunshine
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some feedback. I sent a complaint to AA and one follow up with no response. Normally they reply within 24 hours. That was only my 3rd complaint this year. What are my recourse? Is there a different channel or someone I can call to raise my complaint?

Reason for complaint: I was standby on a flight. I got confirmed (the only one to be confirmed. I'm EXP). After I boarded the flight, an agent came and request for me to get off because the plane was too heavy.

My complaint requested $400 voucher for involuntary bump. I didn't even get a reply from AA saying I'm not entitled to anything. I probably would have been satisfied if they said I'm not entitled because of XYZ reason. I've never requested for voucher before. I'm thinking of submitting third following requesting for points instead.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
I think you should post this on a different thread, as it is off-topic here. Maybe here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...lame-free.html
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
Flight attendants not returning jackets before the flight lands. I hate having to hold up the line while deplaning to open the closet to retrieve my jacket.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: free agent
I didn't get offered a mint at the end of a flight last week.
I don't like them anyway, but that's not the point. If I'm in F, I expect to be offered a mint to refuse.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: EMT-P
My hot towel was overly moistened and a rather large droplet fell onto my shirt where it caused a 1/4" dark spot that looked like a stain. I was going to push the FA call button to complain but by the time I reached up it had evaporated.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: EMT-P
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
I didn't get offered a mint at the end of a flight last week.
I don't like them anyway, but that's not the point. If I'm in F, I expect to be offered a mint to refuse.
I was given two mints on a recent flight! Are they trying to tell me I have bad breath?!?!
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by medichill
I was given two mints on a recent flight! Are they trying to tell me I have bad breath?!?!
In a similar situation recently, the FA FORCED me to take more food out of the snack basket.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
This week's highlights...

• DEN-LAX dinner flight. Eagle FA served drinks on the tray with dinner. Then 10 minutes after she collected all the trays, she served nuts.
• LAX-JFK First. No PDB offered.
• JFK-LAX First. FA chewing gum while taking drink and meal order.
• LAX-DEN. Eagle FA thanked all A-Advantage members and reminded those who might be interested in earning A-Advantage miles to sign up for A-Advantage.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The tongs in the admiral's club are impossible to use, especially when trying to claw those pita chips one at a time.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by mikekelley
The tongs in the admiral's club are impossible to use, especially when trying to claw those pita chips one at a time.
Ah there were no pita chips but cups of hummus in the LAX lounge last week..
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:12 pm

Somebody right before me on Saturday had either just used hand lotion or had really sweaty hands because I couldn't grip the tongs.

While not wholly AA related, CX is releasing too much F class award space when I want it, thus requiring me to drain my AA account prior to the devaluation.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
YES! All the tongs were also super hummus-y, or chocolate-y, or hand-oil-y. Gah. How about some wood handled usable tongs?

Okay, this is crossing the line into a legitimate complaint...
Old Dec 13, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
YES! All the tongs were also super hummus-y, or chocolate-y, or hand-oil-y. Gah. How about some wood handled usable tongs?

Okay, this is crossing the line into a legitimate complaint...
Careful, it's a slippery slope!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.