Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I don't like that fact that this dude is betting looking than any of us here at FT and just made his first $50 million developing some BS app or got an Indie film made that be nominated for an Oscar.
I pity the FT men, then.

This guy isn't all that attractive with his 5 o'clock shadow. Check out those lace-up boots. That will hold up the TSA line for a while. Finally, I can't tell if he's wearing his seat belt as he gazes lovingly in the direction of his warm nuts.

MrQ is far better looking than this guy.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
A kid seated in F sharing her sandwich with a family member in Y.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I pity the FT men, then.

This guy isn't all that attractive with his 5 o'clock shadow. Check out those lace-up boots. That will hold up the TSA line for a while. Finally, I can't tell if he's wearing his seat belt as he gazes lovingly in the direction of his warm nuts.

MrQ is far better looking than this guy.
Do you have to remove boots at TSA Pre Check?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
My nuts weren't very warm tonight on 2447 from LAX-DFW.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:02 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You might have to. I had a woman in front of me in SAT last week with bots adorned with lots of metal chains, buttons, etc. and the WTMD went off like she was carrying a cannon - she had to remove them. Hey, this is not trivial!

Originally Posted by mvoight
Do you have to remove boots at TSA Pre Check?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
When I look at the "My Reservations" list the reservations ticketed in January 2014 say they were ticketed in January 2013...
Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Oh, yeah, the dreaded Y2+.013K bug introduced with Ventana...

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
When I look at the "My Reservations" list the reservations ticketed in January 2014 say they were ticketed in January 2013...
Old Jan 17, 2014, 11:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ambraciot
Aw man you got a time machine! Quick, get to Vegas and bet on the Ravens, Blackhawks, Heat, and Red Sox!
Old Jan 18, 2014, 2:37 am

Programs: AA PLT (fmr EXP), UA SLV, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier (LTG), IHG Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CMK10
To get us back on track, I still haven't flown on a plane with the new livery despite my last four aircraft being 738s which easily could have been repainted!
Still haven't been on a new livery plane yet either. We hired a new guy over the summer, and the first trip I booked him on was a new livery plane! Other coworkers have been on them so far as well, I'm the only one left in the company (who uses AA as a primary) who hasn't.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA 3465 JFK-RDU was delayed 35 minutes this morning. This meant I was in the RDU garage for 1 Day, 1 Hour and 3 minutes instead of 1 Day, 35 minutes. That delay cost me an extra $2!
Old Feb 9, 2014, 10:20 am
KPT

Programs: JAL Sapphire
I booked a connection flight in domestic F, but got re-routed on a non-stop transcon both ways, also in F on a nicer plane and on a ticket that would have been 4x expensive. It also extended my stay slightly longer and made things more convenient, but now I'm short 750 EQP
learnedpaw likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KPT
I booked a connection flight in domestic F, but got re-routed on a non-stop transcon both ways, also in F on a nicer plane and on a ticket that would have been 4x expensive. It also extended my stay slightly longer and made things more convenient, but now I'm short 750 EQP
ORC.., but I would still be equally upset due to the changes you had to endure!
Old Feb 9, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb
My last three flights the damn tray table doesn't lay right. There's a slight angle to it so my tablet doesn't quite sit at the right angle and anything I put on it kinda slides.

Annoying :/
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:32 am

While flying in the 77W in the new J seats, I put my own regular earbuds into one of the two plugs I see in the cabinet, and I only get sound out of my left ear!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheJeff
My last three flights the damn tray table doesn't lay right. There's a slight angle to it so my tablet doesn't quite sit at the right angle and anything I put on it kinda slides.

Annoying :/
I wouldnt call that least substantive personally

Have had slanty tray tables - FA put a drink on mine while I was putting something away and it slid and fell off before either of us could do anything. Ah well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.