Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Self-upgrading the rest of your family to F because you can only upgrade one companion (and then spilling a PDB mimosa when said family members were maneuvering seats).
Not fair to do this kind of teasing. Oh please elaborate in great detail including how the GA's and FA's unraveled this one.. I'll start popcorn.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:44 am
Suspended

Having to click on “US” or “Canada” when booking a ticket

When I book a ticket, the screens are generally pre-populated with information from my profile.

Even my “known traveler” number (from pre-check or whatever) is pre-populated. But I still have to click on either “United States” or “Canada”, selecting the country that issued my known traveler information.

Even if clicking on “United States” or “Canada” takes only two seconds, two seconds multiplied by tens of millions of tickets per year really adds up as a burden that AA places on consumers.
renila, GaryZ, murphy and 17 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
The AA website doesn't have a button to switch the From and To cities (the iPhone app does, but not the website). Very annoying when booking one-ways.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by jayer
Not fair to do this kind of teasing. Oh please elaborate in great detail including how the GA's and FA's unraveled this one.. I'll start popcorn.
Somehow the FAs didn’t notice, but likely didn’t care. The shuffling happened after the GA passed through for the final count. The cocktail napkins were definitely not enough to soak up what spilled though.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
When I book a ticket, the screens are generally pre-populated with information from my profile.

Even my “known traveler” number (from pre-check or whatever) is pre-populated. But I still have to click on either “United States” or “Canada”, selecting the country that issued my known traveler information.

Even if clicking on “United States” or “Canada” takes only two seconds, two seconds multiplied by tens of millions of tickets per year really adds up as a burden that AA places on consumers.
Agree-this one drive me nuts every time I book a ticket
Old Aug 30, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond

Yes! I don't notice, and have to submit again.
robertablake likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
SFO map still not available on the AA app. I have to use the UA app for this instead.
renila, ryanbriar, Rebob and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist

This is a valid complaint. It's annoying as heck.

The US/Canada box is relatively new. I'm guessing the booking product manager and the account/user product manager didn't talk about the changes happening. Assuming AA has product managers and that they don't just code blindly (which is the impression that you get by using the product).

I also cannot get additional passengers KTN to populate. It's in their profile, but if I book them as a second pax on a ticket with me, it won't come through.
​​
​​
apeortdz and robertablake like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by Antarius
This is a valid complaint. It's annoying as heck.

The US/Canada box is relatively new. I'm guessing the booking product manager and the account/user product manager didn't talk about the changes happening. Assuming AA has product managers and that they don't just code blindly (which is the impression that you get by using the product).

I also cannot get additional passengers KTN to populate. It's in their profile, but if I book them as a second pax on a ticket with me, it won't come through.
​​
Agreed, both of these are annoying. After several recent reservations, and having to choose United States/Canada, I tried to find this in my Profile to have it permanently selected, but it is not there.

​​​​​Having to constantly fill in my wife's KTN is a pain as well. I am not sure why it doesn't automatically come over from her account when I choose her as the 2nd passenger. Having to fill it in each time can lead to a user error.

Both of these inconveniences probably don't belong in this thread.
njvandy and Antarius like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by econ
SFO map still not available on the AA app. I have to use the UA app for this instead.
The terminal maps in the AA app in general are terrible. Sometimes it's even hard to find the AC on them at hubs.
Antarius, VaBeachGirl and jamabam like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by econometrics
The terminal maps in the AA app in general are terrible. Sometimes it's even hard to find the AC on them at hubs.
​​​​​​
they also seem to load in entirety on each instance. If I have weak signal or slow mobile internet, it doesn't load.

Why it doesn't appear to cache a largely static thing? Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
econometrics and Cooper21 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:27 am

Why do FAs come through like 2mins after passing out drinks to collect trash and then not for another 20mins? Do most people chug an entire can of Coke in a few minutes?
onanisland and Crisphoarder like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
There seems to be no way to cancel an automatic Complimentary Upgrade request before the upgrade comes through. Sometimes I don't mind Y on a short flight. But after 40 minutes with an agent, it seems they can't override the computer.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by econometrics
The terminal maps in the AA app in general are terrible.
To be fair, a few other airlines use those same maps. I used to think they were pretty good, but there was a significant change maybe 1-2 years ago now in the graphics and how the maps were formatted, and ever since then I don't find them as easy to use now.

What I really don't like is that I have to zoom in really close before the gate numbers become visible.
econometrics likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHLesq
There seems to be no way to cancel an automatic Complimentary Upgrade request before the upgrade comes through. Sometimes I don't mind Y on a short flight. But after 40 minutes with an agent, it seems they can't override the computer.
They can remove you from the upgrade list. I've done it a few times and it's never taken more than 30 seconds for an agent to do.

Maybe HUACA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.