Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about?

Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver

Thread founder Blumie had the following dedicatory post to kick off the original thread in June of 2010 to guide us, so we will take our cues from that to continue this hallowed FT-AA|A tradition. (FT Rules still apply.)

Originally Posted by Blumie
What's FT if not a place to complain about the small stuff? After all, we've seen threads in which people have complained about virtually everything, from the ceiling height at JAX to the font, ink and paper used to print boarding passes. So I thought I'd start what I hope will become the one of the most valuable and important threads in the history of FT, one in which we consolidate all of our complaints about stuff that just doesn't matter and that validates AA's decision not to have an official presence on this board.

I'll go first: I find it really annoying the way the napkins are fanned before being put out at the Admirals Clubs. Is this supposed to make us feel like the place is uber-fancy? Why don't they just forget about the fanning and put out some real napkins instead of the flimsy cocktail napkins they use?
Older posts have been archived, and may be read here.
Print Wikipost

Old May 15, 2022, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
I think the record is held by Cho Hyun-ah (Heather Cho) of Korean Airlines.
What’s most troubling is that she went berserk about her complaint: nuts served in a bag.

I would never complain in real life about anything I’ve posted here; the flight attendant in my post above was fantastic and I sent AA a note about how good he was. He probably just didn’t hear me say hi when I boarded, since I was wearing a face mask. And the lack of a decaf label did make me stop and try to figure it out, but thanks to Google, I think I did-maybe.

Last edited by WeekendTraveler; May 15, 2022 at 2:50 pm
Old May 16, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: Lots
Two complaints about the current webpage design. The X at the top to close the Travel update information is ineffective, it closes it immediately but that banner comes back on some pages during my visit. Also, the thing that says "Go to your account" isn't actually a link that will take me to my account. That is absolutely infuriating every time I click on it and nothing happens (yes, I know to click on the smaller box where my name is but that is not at all intuitive and is poor design).

AeRoSpaceman and robertablake like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by IggySD
Two complaints about the current webpage design. The X at the top to close the Travel update information is ineffective, it closes it immediately but that banner comes back on some pages during my visit. Also, the thing that says "Go to your account" isn't actually a link that will take me to my account. That is absolutely infuriating every time I click on it and nothing happens (yes, I know to click on the smaller box where my name is but that is not at all intuitive and is poor design).

I find that quite annoying too!
Old May 16, 2022, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IggySD
Far too valid of a complaint for this thread.
Old May 16, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by 5DH
I never recline my seat. When descending last week, the FA interrupted my movie to tell me to put my seat upright. I said I never reclined it, and I leaned forward and pressed the button to show him - it didn't move. This FA leaned over, pressed the button himself, and shoved the back of the seat a few times. It didn't budge one milimeter and he goes "hm ok maybe it's just broken." lol. Someone really needed to be proven right that day, but that wasn't the battle he won.
I've had interactions like this before, but on the E145s where the seat button is on the inside of the low armrest, right where my thigh is pressing against it (terrible design) ). So, usually they are right because I did manage to slightly incline at some point during the flight.
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 9:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Antarius
Far too valid of a complaint for this thread.
Well, I’m still angry about AA’s deception by not marking decaf coffee as “decaf”.
robertablake likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Chip/guac ratio is way off!

I enjoy the sponsored custom guacamole stations whenever they are open at various ACs. But I have the same issue every time.

The server dispenses a generous portion of guac and barely a handful of chips. I usually run out of chips before I've gotten 1/3 the way through the guac. Then I have to go wait in line to ask for another plate of chips.

Am I the only one? Are the rest of you people just heaping multiple tablespoons of guac on each chip? I believe the real culprit is the tiny plate, as a larger serving dish would allow for a more appropriate number of chips.

How much compensation should I ask for?
apeortdz and WeekendTraveler like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by njvandy
How much compensation should I ask for?
19 chips
Old May 19, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I've learned to adjust the amount of guac per chip but I would definitely prefer more chips!
njvandy likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 10:19 am
Suspended

Exclusionary airline

The name “American” is exclusionary, so I’ll complain about it. Shouldn’t a name that is more inclusive of non-Americans be used? And isn’t serving guacamole in Admirals Clubs cultural misappropriation?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Having to give your email address again when changing a ticket by phone

When I call AA to change a ticket by phone (due to a glitch with a ticket, flight delay, etc.), I have to give my email address to the AA representative so that the itinerary can be emailed to me.

I already gave my email address when I booked the ticket; why doesn’t AA just keep it with the reservation information?
njvandy, apeortdz and econ like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
When I call AA to change a ticket by phone (due to a glitch with a ticket, flight delay, etc.), I have to give my email address to the AA representative so that the itinerary can be emailed to me.

I already gave my email address when I booked the ticket; why doesn’t AA just keep it with the reservation information?
I actually appreciate how they verify the email address for the receipt, as I sometimes book with my work email and other times use my personal. But it is annoying how 75% of the time I need to repeat the PNR to the agent even after telling the automated system!
Uzzar and WeekendTraveler like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve

Originally Posted by njvandy
I actually appreciate how they verify the email address for the receipt
Is there an actual verification that happens, or does the agent just not have access to this information at all?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:20 am
Suspended

Getting a “your seats changed” email when your seats didn’t change

I keep getting emails from AA, saying “Your seats changed,” and showing my old seat and my new seat.

In the most recent emails, each time my old seat has been exactly the same as my new seat; my seats didn’t change one bit.

AA is using interstate communications to engage in deceit of its most loyal customers. Lawsuit!
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I keep getting emails from AA, saying “Your seats changed,” and showing my old seat and my new seat.
Last time I got one of these, it was after I had changed the seat assignment myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.