Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: pre-2019 PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Admirals Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: pre-2019 PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Admirals Club

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Originally Posted by Saulinpa
I stopped in ....

"The Club" that opened in a temporary space in concourse C (old BA lounge) feels much brighter and has a friendlier staff. Much, much smaller and no bar though.
I assume you didn't mean the front desk staff being unfriendly. The front desk staff at PIT are the best part of the club. They will really move mountains to help you if you need it.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Saulinpa
"The Club" that opened in a temporary space in concourse C (old BA lounge) feels much brighter and has a friendlier staff. Much, much smaller and no bar though.
Tiny and no AA agents. I stopped in once, but I see no value in going there while I have an AC membership.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Apparently this club will be closed for renovation on or around May 1. There will be a temporary space in the B concourse where the AAngels will be available to help with rebookings and some "to go" snacks. Judging by activity, it's in one of the tiny alcoves where there used to be customer service desk, so probably no seating.

Might finally end up at "The Club" one of these days.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 10:00 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

That is a good sign, means AA is committed to keeping this club at PIT. Many here speculated this club would shutter.

Also helps there are a couple of international airlines (i.e. DL, Condor) that provides an additional revenue stream for the PIT lounge in the form of entrance fees.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flightrisk
Apparently this club will be closed for renovation on or around May 1. There will be a temporary space in the B concourse where the AAngels will be available to help with rebookings and some "to go" snacks. Judging by activity, it's in one of the tiny alcoves where there used to be customer service desk, so probably no seating.

Might finally end up at "The Club" one of these days.
The renovation was delayed over the summer travel season but I've been informed that it will definitely start Oct 29.

The Club is a priority pass lounge that is much smaller but has better food and drink and nice staff.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by flightrisk
The renovation was delayed over the summer travel season but I've been informed that it will definitely start Oct 29.
I wasn't aware there was a renovation pending, but I'm glad to hear this -- it presumably this means club is safe from permanent closure in the near future.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ikwia
I wasn't aware there was a renovation pending, but I'm glad to hear this -- it presumably this means club is safe from permanent closure in the near future.
I believe part of this was due to the new BA Pittsburgh to London flight and that BA wanted updates done.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Delta GM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Maybe they'll finally remove the pay phones
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dantheflyingman
Maybe they'll finally remove the pay phones
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Lounge closed Nov 2018 through April 2019

FYI.. the renovation is underway. It's a full gutting and cutting, including plumbing. So the lounge is totally closed, probably through April at PIT. AA set up a service desk at an old space next to B34. They have three computers for CSR and grab and go items. Coolers with soft drinks in cans, packaged snacks like chips, granola bars. Yogurt, Sabra pretzels n hummus, pump your own coffee and tea.
there is no alcohol, beer, wine etc and no fully automatic coffee machine for cappuccino etc.

The temp space could hold about ten people.

Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Fwiw, was told today that the April reopening is still on track.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I can’t believe there’s not even bottled water. Do they expect people to just stand there with sippy cups to refill from that water cooler?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I can’t believe there’s not even bottled water. Do they expect people to just stand there with sippy cups to refill from that water cooler?
I guess they do. Oh the horror of having to buy a 2.99 bottle of water. I am snarky tonight but Jesus some of the complaining has gotten out of hand. I skip this place sometimes and come back and then am reminded why I skipped
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Did I get lost and go to the "least substantive complaint" thread?

You realize that they don't hand out bottled water at the clubs, at least any domestic AC I've ever been to and definitely not at PIT. They instead have (the horror!) coolers with ice water, sometimes infused, and iced tea.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by shaddie

I guess they do. Oh the horror of having to buy a 2.99 bottle of water. I am snarky tonight but Jesus some of the complaining has gotten out of hand. I skip this place sometimes and come back and then am reminded why I skipped
There's a Rite-Aid at PIT, so it can actually be a $0.99 bottle of water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.