Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Old May 7, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Mezzanine Admirals Club

Link to PIT AA airport information.

Link to PIT airport web site.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • 4,753 sw ft, capacity for 89 guests
  • Airport views.
  • “zoned music”, automated shades, mood lighting
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • 93% of seating has USB power
  • some seating with wireless smartphone charging pads on side tables
  • an “an expanded self-service food station with cookies, chips, cruditιs, fruit, baked goods, hot soup, oatmeal, yogurt and salads, as well as new self-serve coffee/tea station and Coca-Cola Freestyle soda fountain”.
  • Food for purchase
The archived pre-2019 PIT Admirals Club thread can be read here.

Print Wikipost

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
The Priority Pass "The Club" expansion is scheduled to open tomorrow 6/7. (Not sure why the mods locked the newer thread where that was being discussed and made this older thread the official thread.)

Based on the where the temporary walls are connecting where the new section is, I assume it will need to be stylistically similar to the existing club. I agree with the above poster that the fit and finish are certainly not as nice as the AC; although the more substantial food and/or better drinks may be considered a potential reason to visit. While the pierogies and kielbasa are a nice touch of local food, they are also often soaked in butter and oil and get tiresome quickly.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:28 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by flightrisk
The Priority Pass "The Club" expansion is scheduled to open tomorrow 6/7.
Same location and entrance but an expanded space?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Have a bunch of time before my AA flight today, so I've visited both the AC and The Club. AC is just as described. Bright, pleasant service, wasn't too crowded even at 515p. Headed over to the club and they're having a rough go of it today. Apparently a plumbing issue in the bathrooms has closed them, and all of the expansion part of the club. They're being polite about things, a server is running drinks from the bar area (which looks beautiful), so they're making the best of it. Would like to see it when it's full operational though, looks like a nice place!
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
October 4, 2019

Pleasant but short stay on Friday before my 6am PIT-PHL fight. This was my first time back since the elevator facing was finished.

Not many pax here so I was able to snap some more pics...

\

Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
this Yinzer transplant is liking that skyline artwork in the second photo. thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:23 pm

Nice looking, clean lined design. I often wondered, who actually designs the Admirals clubs? Is it a local city firm, the airport, or an AA Hq design team ?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by perseus11
Nice looking, clean lined design. I often wondered, who actually designs the Admirals clubs? Is it a local city firm, the airport, or an AA Hq design team ?
Target lol....the resemblance between their MSP downtown store and AAs design is remarkable.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
I stopped into the PIT admirals club yesterday, April 16, 2021. The front desk agent was there, but the longe was indefinitely closed due to "Lack of visitors". They had no timeline for a reopening. The airport was hopping and the agent said a lot of people come in and are turned away. Any news on this?

Last edited by voweffekt; Apr 17, 2021 at 6:32 am Reason: my poor word choice
Old Apr 17, 2021, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by voweffekt
I stopped into the PIT admirals club yesterday, April 16, 2021. The front desk agent was there, but the longe was indefinitely closed due to "Lack of visitors". They had no timeline for a reopening. The airport was hopping and the agent said a lot of people come in and are turned away. Any news on this?
No specific news on PIT but there's discussion of the few domestic clubs that remain closed here:

Where to lodge complaints about Admirals Club closures
Old Apr 17, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Marriott(T)
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
No specific news on PIT but there's discussion of the few domestic clubs that remain closed here:

Where to lodge complaints about Admirals Club closures
Thanks, that explains a lot. If ATL is closed, then there's no hope for PIT despite the increase we've experienced recently.
https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...s/202104160151

Is there something anywhere-in the terms and conditions for the CC regarding availability of club access? Could I petition for a refund (hahaha!???) I think I know the answer there.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
If you have Priority Pass, just head for The Club which is open and was open even in January when I was there. The Club was better than the AC before their expansion. They've tripled the size and is now much, much better than the AC.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
Anyone visited this location recently? Surprised to see the website list it as being closed on the weekends. Hoping it's back to daily hours by June, was looking to finally check out this location (normally I go to the Club in the C concourse)now that B6 boarding passes are valid entry (with a pass).
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sicariis
Anyone visited this location recently? Surprised to see the website list it as being closed on the weekends. Hoping it's back to daily hours by June, was looking to finally check out this location (normally I go to the Club in the C concourse)now that B6 boarding passes are valid entry (with a pass).
Can confirm it's really closed during the weekends still. Didn't seem like they had any plans to change that as best as I could tell.
Sicariis likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
Looks like the hours for the PIT club just got expanded (likely to coincide with the return of the BA LHR flight):

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/pit-club.jsp

Hours

Sunday:
1:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.

Monday:
5 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Tuesday – Wednesday:
5 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.

Thursday:
5 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Friday:
5 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Alas still no Saturday hours.
voweffekt likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.