Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Mezzanine Admirals Club

Link to PIT AA airport information.

Link to PIT airport web site.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • 4,753 sw ft, capacity for 89 guests
  • Airport views.
  • “zoned music”, automated shades, mood lighting
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • 93% of seating has USB power
  • some seating with wireless smartphone charging pads on side tables
  • an “an expanded self-service food station with cookies, chips, crudités, fruit, baked goods, hot soup, oatmeal, yogurt and salads, as well as new self-serve coffee/tea station and Coca-Cola Freestyle soda fountain”.
  • Food for purchase
The archived pre-2019 PIT Admirals Club thread can be read here.

Print Wikipost

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: United, Delta, AA, southwest
Thanks for the reply. Yes I am a United Club member. Thanks for the link.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Make sure to have your united club card for admission.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Not sure if there is a dedicated thread for the PIT USAIR club but I was just through there and wow what an embarrassment. Yes I get that PIT has been downsized by USAIR and many will say they are just happy a club exists. I thought the BOS club was bad but this even worse. Overall the club is very tired and in dire need of refurbishment after years of neglect. Torn carpet, stained furniture, peeling wallpaper and lack of proper maintenance. I actually think the PIT airport is pretty good with solid high end shopping options but the club really needs some investment and attention especially since it is now bearing the Admirals Club signage.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Not sure if there is a dedicated thread for the PIT USAIR club but I was just through there and wow what an embarrassment. Yes I get that PIT has been downsized by USAIR and many will say they are just happy a club exists. I thought the BOS club was bad but this even worse. Overall the club is very tired and in dire need of refurbishment after years of neglect. Torn carpet, stained furniture, peeling wallpaper and lack of proper maintenance. I actually think the PIT airport is pretty good with solid high end shopping options but the club really needs some investment and attention especially since it is now bearing the Admirals Club signage.
You forgot to mention the next to useless Wifi if there are more than 2 users.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
You forgot to mention the next to useless Wifi if there are more than 2 users.
Didn't avail myself to the wifi as I have my own hotspot but this club is pathetic. Honestly it's better to sit on the concourse than in the lounge.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Didn't avail myself to the wifi as I have my own hotspot but this club is pathetic. Honestly it's better to sit on the concourse than in the lounge.
Going on a year and totally useless Wifi.
From this afternoon. And it took 15 minutes for the results to appear.

Dragon claimed they've asked for improvement. Supposedly, approval from local manager is all that is standing in the way. Supposed to be back on Thursday. Yeah, I'm holding my breath on this one. I left early to use free PIT wifi in the concourse. Way to go Dougie!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:28 pm

Oy well that's USAIR for you. Working wifi or not, their mantra is "getting passengers to their destination on time and with their luggage".

Seriously invest in a hotspot or tether from your smartphone.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Probably need a new title to this thread.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:51 pm

Unhappy Update: Pittsburgh Admirals Club (Original paintings removed)

Stopped into the PIT US Airways Club today (recently the signs have switched to AA Admirals Club). The Club was home to three original Alexander Calder Paintings that were behind the check in desk. Today, I noticed they have been taken down and replaced with a gigantic AMERICAN sign. What a shame! These were wonderful works of art. I can only hope AA has donated them to a museum or have put them in a public venue to be enjoyed. I hope the other clubs like BUF (with some nice works by Peter Max) are not next on the list for "art removal". Perhaps the same group advising the new AA on catering have also decided to remove art from the clubs. Strange and very sad...
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by JetPiedmont79
Stopped into the PIT US Airways Club today (recently the signs have switched to AA Admirals Club). The Club was home to three original Alexander Calder Paintings that were behind the check in desk. Today, I noticed they have been taken down and replaced with a gigantic AMERICAN sign. What a shame! These were wonderful works of art. I can only hope AA has donated them to a museum or have put them in a public venue to be enjoyed. I hope the other clubs like BUF (with some nice works by Peter Max) are not next on the list for "art removal". Perhaps the same group advising the new AA on catering have also decided to remove art from the clubs. Strange and very sad...
More importantly let's hope they remodel the club. It was a total dump when i was in a couple of months ago.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Exclamation

renovations appear to be complete and the club is open
SFO777 and AANYC1981 like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 17, 2019 at 9:40 pm Reason: Add emphasis
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by asf-07
People who have visited say it’s nice, albeit smaller ( 4,753 square feet with capacity for 89 guests). It’s better situated at the mezzanine level in the main lobby, with airport views.

AA says the reception area has three podiums. There is “zoned music” with automated shades and mood lighting.

There is complimentary WiFi throughout, diverse seating (93% with USB power, some seating with wireless smartphone charging pads on side tables, an “an expanded self-service food station with cookies, chips, crudités, fruit, baked goods, hot soup, oatmeal, yogurt and salads, as well as new self-serve coffee/tea station and Coca-Cola Freestyle soda fountain”.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asf-07
Wow, impressive completion in less than two weeks since I was there and took the under construction pics. Will be back in a couple of weeks and will take lots of pics.
JDiver and shalerbud like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:56 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I am flying out of PIT today.

When I got here on Monday it was still closed. They told me it opened yesterday.

I snapped a few quick pictures. Its obviously the standard renovation format. I had never been to the old club, so can't really do a comparison.

Here are my photos.

Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:46 pm

let us know when in opens thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.