Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Admirals Club (master thread)

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 17, 19, 3:45 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

PIT / Pittsburgh International Airport Mezzanine Admirals Club

Link to PIT AA airport information.

Link to PIT airport web site.

HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • 4,753 sw ft, capacity for 89 guests
  • Airport views.
  • “zoned music”, automated shades, mood lighting
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • 93% of seating has USB power
  • some seating with wireless smartphone charging pads on side tables
  • an “an expanded self-service food station with cookies, chips, crudités, fruit, baked goods, hot soup, oatmeal, yogurt and salads, as well as new self-serve coffee/tea station and Coca-Cola Freestyle soda fountain”.
  • Food for purchase
The archived pre-2019 PIT Admirals Club thread can be read here.

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 28, 10, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by WASBLR View Post
As PHL pointed out, there aren't many flights leaving after 5:15p on Saturdays. I think US' last flight for the day on Saturdays is a 5:45p flight to PHL. So 5:15p makes sense.

That said, some other US clubs leave much before last flight. Sundays at RDU or DCA comes to mind.
There are a handful of flights after 5:15 p.m. or so, at least last night (which was a Saturday).

Perhaps this was a special holiday weekend schedule that isn't typical?

PHX 5:30P
PHL 5:45P
DCA 5:46P
BOS 6:05P
CLT 7:15P
PHX 7:45P
Old Nov 28, 10, 9:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BF263533 View Post
DCA is a little different. Senators, Congressman and other government officails may be arriving or there may be a delayed flight for our privileged.

Northwest always had a premium wine at their DCA club versus the cheaper stuff at their other clubs.

Its our privileged.
The club is kept open til 9 on Sundays because there are later flights on that day. What does that have to do with government officials?

Also, what does your comment about wine have to do with anything?

Originally Posted by BizJet View Post
There are a handful of flights after 5:15 p.m. or so, at least last night (which was a Saturday).

You absolutely sure about that schedule? I just looked and found no regularly scheduled flights for yesterday to PHX that left as late as 7:45pm. The last departure was at 5:00pm for PHX.
Old Nov 28, 10, 9:40 am

Just a reminder that everyone is welcome to voice their opinion. What is important to one person may not be important to the next. By reading these threads you can decide what works for you.

Let the opinions keep coming!
Old Nov 28, 10, 11:11 am

Programs: Alaska-MVP75k; AA-Plat; HH-Gold; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy View Post
About 15 flights with the latest departures at 10:05pm.

Jim
And the flight to ALB which I take is one of them.
Old Nov 28, 10, 11:22 am

Programs: Alaska-MVP75k; AA-Plat; HH-Gold; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BizJet View Post

It looks some of these (CLT, PHX..) operate during the holiday season only.
Old Nov 28, 10, 4:31 pm

Yes, those flights very well might have been special sections for the holiday. I just searched for US departures from PIT for yesterday evening on flightstats.com.
Old Nov 28, 10, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by BF263533 View Post
DCA is a little different. Senators, Congressman and other government officails may be arriving or there may be a delayed flight for our privileged.

Northwest always had a premium wine at their DCA club versus the cheaper stuff at their other clubs.

Its our privileged.
I've wished the DCA club was open later a few times this fall after 3130 (9:05 pm DCA-PWM) was heavily delayed seemingly every Sunday I took it.

There is a small bank of flights that leaves at or just after 10pm, but not likely enough to justify keeping the club open late. It's usually pretty empty by closing time.

I wish they kept the snacks - especially cookies - out later than 8pm though.
Old Nov 28, 10, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G
Showers at PIT?

Can't recall from my last visit. Are there shower facilities in the PIT Club? Or anywhere airside at PIT?
Old Nov 28, 10, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Thanks for the input.

As it turns out, the club closes at 5pm on Saturdays, as well as every restaurant except McDonalds.

I grew up in Pittsburgh during the height of US Airways' hub there, so it's really sad to see Pittsburgh today.

I don't believe there are showers there (intercontinental flights, even at it's height were never more than 3 or so per day max.)
Old Nov 29, 10, 6:15 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Can't recall from my last visit. Are there shower facilities in the PIT Club? Or anywhere airside at PIT?
No shower facilities at the US Club or anywhere else airside. If you needed a quick shower I believe the Hyatt has something setup. Not sure on the details or the cost. The Hyatt is landside but you don't have to go outside to get to it.
Old Nov 29, 10, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G
Originally Posted by neotope View Post
No shower facilities at the US Club or anywhere else airside. If you needed a quick shower I believe the Hyatt has something setup. Not sure on the details or the cost. The Hyatt is landside but you don't have to go outside to get to it.
Thanks for the info, neotope.
Old Dec 3, 10, 8:14 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, US Dirt
Buy a refundable ticket to anywhere is a great way to get inside security. I'm sure there are some cheap fully refundable WN fares to PHL that won't even leave you with a large hold on your credit card.

Last edited by jfunk138; Dec 3, 10 at 8:23 am
Old Dec 25, 11, 4:28 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, Omni Black, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
PIT Club closed for Christmas?

My girlfriend is on her way to LAX from YYZ with a connection in PIT (booked an award ticket). Turns out the US Club is closed there for Christmas. Kind of a shocker. Has this been the normal practice since PIT de-hubbed?
Old Aug 25, 13, 9:28 pm

Programs: United, Delta, AA, southwest
US Airways club in PIT access for UA club member

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I could not find in search.

I'm a United 1K with UA club membership (Star Gold). I'm flying to PIT next week on UA. Will I have access to the US Airways Club in PIT when I return home?

Thanks in advanced for any replies.
Old Aug 26, 13, 7:37 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
If you have a UA Club Card, yes you have access. You will not gain access simply because of Star Gold, unless your final destination is International.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ge/access.aspx

Search this Thread
Search Engine: