Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: SFO / San Francisco Int'l. Terminal 2 Admirals Club (2011-2020)

Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
SFO / San Francisco International Airport Terminal 2 Departures D Admirals Club
(Now accessible by airside corridor from Terminal 1-C)

NOTE Club relocated to Terminal 1 March 2020
This Admirals Club opened in its interim location 14 April 2011, closed 24 March 2020. See here for the current thread on the SFO T-1 Admirals Club.

San Francisco / SFO will get a new Admirals Club when it moves to the rebuilt area of Terminal 1 in March 2020.
Link to SFO AA airport information.

Link to SFO airport web site.

LOCATION: Terminal 2, boarding area D. Main lobby past security, bear left.

NOTE: as LUS moved to Terminal 1-C there is now an airside connecting corridor allowing Admirals Club access.

"The entrance is just after security on the right from T2 and just before the temporary exit from T1 (near where the new Sky Club is under construction). There is quite a bit of seating and a "Yoga Room" in the corridor..." (Rebob)
HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers

WiFi speed test 7 Jul 2015: ping 22 ms, 14.57 mbps down, 1.3 mbps up.

Breakfast free items items: mini-muffins, bagels and cream cheese, fruits, snack mix.
Lunch: soup, snack mix,

LINK to photos from airlinereporter.com.

Older threads include: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...il-2011-a.html

Print Wikipost

Old Aug 2, 2007, 7:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

SFO / San Francisco International Airport Terminal 2 Departures D Admirals Club

SFO Admirals Club 1:00 video

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 25, 2015 at 9:21 pm Reason: Update
Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

SFO / San Francisco Int'l. Airport Terminal 2 Admirals Club (master thread)

Originally Posted by tom911

Have this one from my favorite seat in the back corner that I've shared before:

Originally Posted by CMK10
A few pictures I took during a 2011 visit:

Last edited by JDiver; May 21, 2015 at 7:36 pm Reason: Update
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life

Branson Comes To SFO, SF Mayor Declares 'Terminal 2 Day'
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta, United, Virgin America, British Airways, JetBlue, Alaska
PHOTOS of new Admirals Club at SFO T2 Revealed

Hey there flyertalkers: I was able to snap several good shots of AA's new Admirals Club at SFO T2 yesterday. It's swank! Here's the link to the photos:

http://thebat-sf.com/?p=1325
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by ticketatl
Hey there flyertalkers: I was able to snap several good shots of AA's new Admirals Club at SFO T2 yesterday. It's swank! Here's the link to the photos:

Is the AC now open (will be in SFO on Saturday). AA.com has nothing under AC news.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Wow, AA totally lucked out here on SFO T2. They don't have a priority in the Bay Area market yet they got to be part of this incredible terminal. I feel this terminal is better designed to suit Virgin's flight experience rather than AA's.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:26 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Thumbs up

Wow, the club looks great. Can't wait to check it out if it is indeed open this coming Saturday. Hopefully the DC-3 will be lighted at night since I will only arrive after sundown.
Looking forward also to check out T2 if it is in use.

Cheers!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 1:39 am

Programs: OW Sapp, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
AA seems not take SFO T2 as serious as VX

Seems all the T2 promotion are made by VX, but AA does not do anything regarding to its new FANCY terminal opening.

How will the gate sharing in T2? VX has more gates and shares in T2?
Why AA seems not caring much with its new terminal?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 2:50 am

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Originally Posted by andy1022
Why AA seems not caring much with its new terminal?
There are probably multiple reasons (surely the fact that the SF Bay Area is not considered an important market by AA is part of it), but keep in mind they're only there temporarily, on their way to T1.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Originally Posted by justageek
There are probably multiple reasons (surely the fact that the SF Bay Area is not considered an important market by AA is part of it), but keep in mind they're only there temporarily, on their way to T1.
Looking at the pics of the new AC, it seems that AA might have spent a bit too much money for a temporary location.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
It looks great, and I'm really happy they took the LEED approach. Not just for environmental reasons, but the concept usually helps to open up spaces and rely on excessive natural light. It sends the design over the top, good job AA!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by justageek
Which will be brand new when it opens.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Wow, the club looks great. Can't wait to check it out if it is indeed open this coming Saturday. Hopefully the DC-3 will be lighted at night since I will only arrive after sundown.
Looking forward also to check out T2 if it is in use.

Cheers!

Folks, this Saturday (9 April) is only a preview day. I believe you need tickets to get in. I have tickets for 2-3 pm Saturday. I MAY HAVE ONE EXTRA. I will be there very early as I have to catch the 2:25 pm BART to meet up with my other plans for the day.

The club may be open to look around, but flights will still operate from T-3 gates 60-67 until next week.

It looks like all the tickets are gone. T2 Community Open House
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

AA did not pay so much in the long run for this relocation, which is temporary (explaining why they didn't invest much money, time and effort into the new facilities). It occasionally does help to read back upthread . A previous post states, in part:

From the February 18, 2010 San Francisco Airport Commission minutes (PDF link)

Originally Posted by SFAP Minutes
Minutes, February 18, 2010, Page 15

Item No.8 was moved by Commissioner Guggenhime and seconded by Commissioner Crayton. The vote to approve was unanimous.

8. Approval of Reimbursement to American Airlines for the Interim Relocation Costs from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2 in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $4,800,000 No. 10-0048 Resolution approving reimbursement to be taken in the form of a rental credit to American Airlines for the costs related to their interim relocation in an amount not-to-exceed $4,800,000.

Mr. Fermin said that this item is part of a larger plan to vacate airlines out of Boarding Area B for its demolition and refurbishment, and for the longer term renovation of Terminal 1 as well as to situate the Star Alliance Partners in Terminal 3, and the One World Alliance Airlines in Terminal 1 and the adjacent International Terminal Boarding Area A. American’s move to Terminal 2 will free up Boarding Area E in Terminal 3. Once E is renovated then Continental and US Air will move out of Boarding Area B to the former American Airlines area in Boarding Area E.

Previously, Air Canada moved from Boarding Area B to Boarding Area E as part of this plan. That leaves Southwest and Alaska in Boarding Area B. We already have an agreement with Alaska for their move out of Boarding Area B when we demolish the western wing of B leaving Southwest in their current four gates in B with the ability to expand into USAir’s vacated gates in Boarding Area B. Alaska will then move to the I.T. after Virgin America moves to Terminal 2 helping to keep the International Terminal Boarding Area A utilized with Virgin America’s move.

Eventually, when the longer term renovation of Terminal 1 is done, American will move to its permanent home in Terminal 1 adjacent to its One World Alliance partners who are all in the I.T. Boarding Area A.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by ticketatl

Thanks for these photos, looks very cool. Now I'm going to poke around your blog for a little bit as well

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.