Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: SFO / San Francisco Int'l. Terminal 2 Admirals Club (2011-2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
SFO / San Francisco International Airport Terminal 2 Departures D Admirals Club
(Now accessible by airside corridor from Terminal 1-C)

NOTE Club relocated to Terminal 1 March 2020
This Admirals Club opened in its interim location 14 April 2011, closed 24 March 2020. See here for the current thread on the SFO T-1 Admirals Club.

San Francisco / SFO will get a new Admirals Club when it moves to the rebuilt area of Terminal 1 in March 2020.
Link to SFO AA airport information.

Link to SFO airport web site.

LOCATION: Terminal 2, boarding area D. Main lobby past security, bear left.

NOTE: as LUS moved to Terminal 1-C there is now an airside connecting corridor allowing Admirals Club access.

"The entrance is just after security on the right from T2 and just before the temporary exit from T1 (near where the new Sky Club is under construction). There is quite a bit of seating and a "Yoga Room" in the corridor..." (Rebob)
HOURS: The hours are posted on aa.com here.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers

WiFi speed test 7 Jul 2015: ping 22 ms, 14.57 mbps down, 1.3 mbps up.

Breakfast free items items: mini-muffins, bagels and cream cheese, fruits, snack mix.
Lunch: soup, snack mix,

LINK to photos from airlinereporter.com.

Older threads include: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...il-2011-a.html

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: SFO / San Francisco Int'l. Terminal 2 Admirals Club (2011-2020)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
does anyone know if you have to clear security to go to the free day on Saturday at SFO T2?

Im sure lines will be long if so
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If you are a Club member, merely call and ask for a BP to admit you - and it is quite possible they will accommodate you with same at the check-in counter, given some sticklers at the central office will not issue a BP < 24 hours out.

(Yes, it's a BP, AA 9141 Lv SFO AdmitDay 11:59 PM Ar BTM Butte NextDay 02:00 AM Y N/A on a Boeing 757.)

Originally Posted by boycruz
does anyone know if you have to clear security to go to the free day on Saturday at SFO T2?

Im sure lines will be long if so
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT
^^I was told yesterday by AAngel that the new Club in T2 will be open by Thursday (14th Apr) .
Thanks for sharing the pics. It looks great..
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:22 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Very exciting to see the pics of the new space! I'll be flying through SFO on the afternoon of April 15th, and look forwarding to see the new terminal and club! ^
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by justageek
the SF Bay Area is not considered an important market by AA
They may not prioritize it as much as some of us may like, but if it was not considered an important market by AA, they probably wouldn't have had double EQM offers for a good portion of the year.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
wow, i must say the pics are very impressive. looks great.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by r415
They may not prioritize it as much as some of us may like, but if it was not considered an important market by AA, they probably wouldn't have had double EQM offers for a good portion of the year.
I don't want/need anymore DBEQMs How about giving us more options through ORD and LAX? 6x daily flights is pitifully small
Old Apr 9, 2011, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Hats off to AA on the AC. Looks gorgeous. ^
Old Apr 9, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
There is no security required today, but you do need tickets. It appears that security will be WTMD only (yay) unless they plan to install scanners in the next few days.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
T2 is beautiful

The AC was not open to the public as it was being used for a VIP lounge.

The terminal itself is such a big improvement over the current digs at T3.

Admirals Club will be to the left, just after security. Gates are farther from the club than we are used to, but nothing like DFW or MIA. More like LAX. AA seems to have been assigned the gates to the left, with VX to the right.

Lots of great restaurants. Hopefully they all do well, as it will be nice to have choices. Lots of seating, some of it more comfortable than typical airport chairs. Tons of desks with outlets. Huge line for Pinkberry.

Lots of natural light. Yay.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 5:25 pm
SST

They really did a great rehab on Terminal 2, the old "legacy" terminal at SFO. Today's event let hundreds of people at a time into the terminal to see the new stores, restos, gates, and a ton of promotions. VX was far more visible than AA, but there were promotions including OneWorld shopping bags, tshirts and golf shirts available. We ate at Lark Creek's outlet--- decent club sandwich and a good waldorf type salad. Fries with the sandwich were stale, as if prepared an hour or more ahead of time. Good service, something that was unavailable at any price in the old wing of T3.

The premium-priced massage spa was open with complimentary easychair usage. Their regular charges are a little steep, even for SF. Retail was about what you'd expect from any new terminal, except that there's great wine, food and gourmet to go stuff, which solves the problem of taking wine home from the Bay Area for those that do this---- just buy inside the security area and walk it on. Kindly place it in a bin NOT over me, please!

It appears there's about 12 usable gates, since a couple of the 50-59 are numbered A&B pairs, which appear to be usable independently. HOWEVER, my guess is that AA has only 5 or 6, which is the same as the six in old terminal. Given that these are pretty busy, we are not going to get any expansion of AA at SFO in these circumstances, really regardless of whether AA would like to or not. And I fear that Virgin's gates will prove inadequate for their expanding operations--- which might lead to pressure on AA to relinquish some of their space. We'll see. SFO-ORD starts up soon for VX, the latest destination. They're consistently adding, and I don't see how six gates will do it.

In all, for AA travellers the new concourse looks like a great improvement over T3, and the AC is a 100% improvement--- more space, fresher, much more usable.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ticketatl
Hey there flyertalkers: I was able to snap several good shots of AA's new Admirals Club at SFO T2 yesterday. It's swank! Here's the link to the photos:

http://thebat-sf.com/?p=1325
Even as proponent of SFO cutbacks, I must say the pictures are quite stunning. Next time I'm in SF I'll be sure to check it out. Once again, this isn't due to AA's commitment to the market-SF generously subsidized and sanctioned the move. Aparently SFO is being hit with further headcount reductions on the ramp as there are fewer widebodies and larger aircraft scheduled.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 5:45 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
I just got back from the SFO T2 opening. The new terminal is spectacular, better than anything I've ever seen in the US. Reminded me of some airports in Asia, like HKG and SIN. AA has six gates, VX has 7, and one gate is shared. The AA lounge was open but you needed a VIP card to get in. I saw them being handed out at a booth in the T2 area, not sure what was required to receive one. There is no security check to get airside. I had a ticket, but it appeared no ticket was actually required. The people entering before me had no tickets and EventBrite staff gave them tickets and sent them through.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 5:57 pm
SST

Originally Posted by aau
I just got back from the SFO T2 opening. The new terminal is spectacular, better than anything I've ever seen in the US. Reminded me of some airports in Asia, like HKG and SIN. AA has six gates, VX has 7, and one gate is shared. The AA lounge was open but you needed a VIP card to get in. I saw them being handed out at a booth in the T2 area, not sure what was required to receive one. There is no security check to get airside. I had a ticket, but it appeared no ticket was actually required. The people entering before me had no tickets and EventBrite staff gave them tickets and sent them through.
Hmmmm. Earlier they had timed entries, and we had to get tickets a week or so ago. I had 1:00 tix, but they let us in when we arrived at 12:30, after scanning the ticket. At 2:30 when we left, you could get a hand stamp if you wanted to get back in. SFO, of course, charged their usual usurious parking fees--- cost $14 for their "celebration". In all, I liked the terminal and I'm excited by the new AC. A much better place to wait out a delay.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
AA was giving out free blankets. But it seemed like the staffers were "saving" them which I found interesting. Perhaps they were saving them for friends. So much for waiting in that long line. All I wound up getting was a tiny oneworld T-Shirt. The terminal was great, but I expected a bit more in terms of activities. It definitely was mostly marketing, and really nothing that I couldn't have waited for until next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.