Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: MIA / Miami Connection & Times - Domestic & International (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: MIA / Miami Connection & Times - Domestic & International (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by crosscountry58S
Any input on a 1:05 connection time at MIA going to PTY? When I asked my question before I failed to ask what anyone thought about the risk there. I have never connected through MIA, and I will have checked baggage.
Since it is AA to AA, there is no need to reclear security. I just read that the train is up and running, so even a connection from one end to the other is more reasonable these days.

MIA terminal map

Last edited by makfan; Oct 12, 2010 at 5:10 pm Reason: Train is running...duh.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by makfan
Since it is AA to AA, there is no need to reclear security. I just read that the train is up and running, so even a connection from one end to the other is more reasonable these days.

MIA terminal map
I actually just read the same. Will still probably attempt standby, but hopefully the train will make things easier if I'm unable to do so. Thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
I actually just read the same. Will still probably attempt standby, but hopefully the train will make things easier if I'm unable to do so. Thanks.
My pre-edited post was going to tell you how long it might take if you arrived at D2 and departed from D54...which always seems to happen if you are cutting it close. The train will help those cases greatly.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 2:23 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Any input on a 1:05 connection time at MIA going to PTY? When I asked my question before I failed to ask what anyone thought about the risk there. I have never connected through MIA, and I will have checked baggage.

This post and the replies thereto have now been moved from another thread to this more relevant thread - please be sure to check the OP for general info.

/Moderator
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA Plat HH Dia Prior Club Plat
Just came back through MIA last night, BOG - MIA - ORD hoping to make a 40 min connect to an early ORD flight. Arrived in MIA 25 minutes early, but took 30 minutes from landing to get to D11. From D11, directed upstairs to the new train system which is supposed to whisk pax to passport control. The trains were messed up; conflicting time signs flashing and after 10 minutes with nothing happening, took the walk. As a fast walker, it took more than 15 minutes to get over to passport in E terminal.

Saw people who were waiting for same train in the lines. Hence the walk was equal time to waiting for the train.

I have global entry; two machines and then bypass passport lines. Great deal if you can get it, although at 7:20 Thurs night the savings were maybe 5 to 10 minutes.

Bottom line, with any kind of crowd at passport control, forget anything less than an hour.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 5:48 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
MIA: Connecting from AA to concourse J - fastest way?

I am not familiar with MIA airport

Arriving on AA at gate D33 (as per now), what is the fastest way to concourse J?

How much time will it take me from the arriving gate to a CKI counter in concourse J?

Thanks

Last edited by San Gottardo; Dec 11, 2010 at 5:59 am
Old Dec 11, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Looooonnnngggg walk. Done it a few times. I'm in my late 30's and in decent shape and from the exit of D to J takes ~15-20 minutes as long as you don't get stuck behind some slow moving people.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
There is a SkyWalk - moving sidewalk. It is accessible from the baggage claim and departure level by elevators. If you can't find it, ask any employee and they will point you in the right direction.

TW

I just checked the MIA website and dont see it shown, however, there are references to the art projects within it. Ask when you get there.

Last edited by Tolarian Wind; Dec 11, 2010 at 7:22 am
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by Tolarian Wind
There is a SkyWalk - moving sidewalk. It is accessible from the baggage claim and departure level by elevators. If you can't find it, ask any employee and they will point you in the right direction.

TW

I just checked the MIA website and dont see it shown, however, there are references to the art projects within it. Ask when you get there.
Thank you very much, that is very helpful!

Just one more question: is the skywalk signposted in any way? With signs saying skywalk or indicating other concourses? I'll certainly ask, but it's good to have some reference.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
There are/were signs, but they are/were not well placed, that is why, if you don't see them, just ask any airport/airline employee. I suggest starting from the departure/ticketing level if you dont have checked bags to claim. There would be more AA employees to direct you from there.

TW
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood PLT
I can't say this with 100% accuracy But I think the skywalk is on the bridge that connects the parking lots (dolphin and flamingo) with the terminals. It's a series of moving sidewalks and it's generally very quiet and empty up there because few people know of it's existence, and getting correct info out of anyone who works at the airport is nearly impossible.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Panamajon513
I can't say this with 100% accuracy But I think the skywalk is on the bridge that connects the parking lots (dolphin and flamingo) with the terminals. It's a series of moving sidewalks and it's generally very quiet and empty up there because few people know of it's existence, and getting correct info out of anyone who works at the airport is nearly impossible.
It is actually located directly above the curbisde check-in area. It was built above this area years ago in an effort to make the airport more user friendly

There are two "spurs" from the Skywalk area that connect each garage to the terminal, each of these have moving sidewalks as well

TW
Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:47 am

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Im doing a MR in mid January and one of my portions is JFK-SJU-MIA-LAS the question is AA have given me 55mins layover before my trip to LAS. AA841 -> AA1663.

Now i'm an Aussie citizen and while I would of cleared US immigration when I arrived in LAX a couple of days before, what is the deal with Puerto Rico, as for US residents its like a domestic flight, what about for internationals who are currently in the US?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:02 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by austgap
Im doing a MR in mid January and one of my portions is JFK-SJU-MIA-LAS the question is AA have given me 55mins layover before my trip to LAS. AA841 -> AA1663.

Now i'm an Aussie citizen and while I would of cleared US immigration when I arrived in LAX a couple of days before, what is the deal with Puerto Rico, as for US residents its like a domestic flight, what about for internationals who are currently in the US?
Puerto Rico is in the United States. It's a domestic flight for everybody on that plane.

For travelling purposes, travelling from Puerto Rico to California is no different than travelling from Arizona to California.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Puerto Rico is in the United States. It's a domestic flight for everybody on that plane.

For travelling purposes, travelling from Puerto Rico to California is no different than travelling from Arizona to California.
Ah cheers MAH4546 was a bit vague the info. 55mins will be sufficient for a Wednesday afternoon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.