Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Apple iPhone app - questions and issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA App for the Apple iPhone / iOS - Questions, Issues

The iPhone American Airlines app now (Sep 2014) requires iOS 8.0 to run properly. If you have an earlier iPhone you do not wish to update from iOS 7 or previous versions due to battery usage and reported slowness, the AA app now requires updating to iOS 8 to communicate and exchange data with AA.

The previous iPhone American Airlines App works with iOS 7.0 and was originally released September 2013; the newest version is 3.4.1 (for fixes for iPad crashes). Further information can be found in the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/american-airlines/id382698565?mt=8

cubuffaloes2004 states:

"What's New in Version 3.3.0
- Now retrieve your mobile boarding pass for AA flights (for eligible cities) on itineraries with codeshare flights
- Ability to change your seat on US Airways flights
- Upon check in, see status of systemwide and 500-mile upgrade requests
- Mobile boarding pass redesign/enhancements
- Smarter search capabilities on Flight Status and Schedules
- Various other bug fixes"

Also displays the incoming flight.

The posts from 2011 and prior to then have been archived; you may find them here: Archive: AA iPhone app - questions and issues (2011 and prior)

Print Wikipost

AA Apple iPhone app - questions and issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Interesting- I noticed it in the changing header now as well (although it said --).

it used to be in the white box. Where it says gate 8, Terminal 8, there used to be a 3rd box for Baggage Claim #
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by donotblink
I just landed in JFK and got the carousel number.
Pretty sweet trips you've got coming up there!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by AAway
Pretty sweet trips you've got coming up there!
Thanks, those are only four of 22
Antarius likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I'm on Android, so not sure if this is the right thread, but they just updated the app to have a notification menu in the top right corner.

Since then I have received zero notifications. Upgrade emails and stuff that recently started also stopped.

Anyone else?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Anyone seen the new iPhone app icon with the latest AA app update?

Don't like it.

New:

Old:
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Have you (we) liked anything new since Dougie took over? This is just another... they should have just used a USAir logo.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Starwood Platinum
Not sure if anyone else has seen this - but was proactively offered to get on some sort of a bidding system for taking a VDB:
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by cubuffaloes2004
Not sure if anyone else has seen this - but was proactively offered to get on some sort of a bidding system for taking a VDB:
What were the T&C? Do you get to know what flight they are rebooking you onto or are you committed by selecting an offer value? Big difference between confirmed seat on a flight an hour later or rolling standby with nothing confirmable for over 24 hours.

And AA paper vouchers suck. I frequently VDB on US but not on AA with the step backwards to paper coupons. Don’t care that I’m at the airport most weeks. AA deciding to inconvenience VDB is a non-starter.

Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Good news, AA is finally doing push notifications to alert passengers when their flight has begun boarding.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Diamond,
Am I the only one who lost having the boarding pass be available from the lock screen after the iOS 13 upgrade? I've googled it and can't find any threads but there's one about Southwest airlines users having the problem on that app. I've double and triple checked every potential setting that may have impacted this and have also deleted the app and re-downloaded to no avail.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by thom1033
Am I the only one who lost having the boarding pass be available from the lock screen after the iOS 13 upgrade? I've googled it and can't find any threads but there's one about Southwest airlines users having the problem on that app. I've double and triple checked every potential setting that may have impacted this and have also deleted the app and re-downloaded to no avail.
Do you have toggle “Suggest on lock screen” on? If you go to your wallet and tap on that boarding pass settings ?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by gateH15
Do you have toggle “Suggest on lock screen” on? If you go to your wallet and tap on that boarding pass settings ?
I sure do.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:37 pm

AA iPad app changed to giant font - hard to read

My iPad app for American updated a few days ago and now it has fonts so big it is almost unreadable in portrait mode. Anyone else seeing this? At first I thought it was just my settings, but spouse has the same issue. The old one looked great and the iPhone app still looks fine. I’ve tried messing with font settings, resetting, reloading, etc. but it still looks bad.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yeah, it's pretty bad. Perhaps worth writing into the Twitter team; they mentioned they have been passing notes about this along so hopefully there will be a fix.
355F1 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:44 pm

Oh that’s good to know - I didn’t think of checking there. Thanks for the tip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.