Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Apple iPhone app - questions and issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA App for the Apple iPhone / iOS - Questions, Issues

The iPhone American Airlines app now (Sep 2014) requires iOS 8.0 to run properly. If you have an earlier iPhone you do not wish to update from iOS 7 or previous versions due to battery usage and reported slowness, the AA app now requires updating to iOS 8 to communicate and exchange data with AA.

The previous iPhone American Airlines App works with iOS 7.0 and was originally released September 2013; the newest version is 3.4.1 (for fixes for iPad crashes). Further information can be found in the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/american-airlines/id382698565?mt=8

cubuffaloes2004 states:

"What's New in Version 3.3.0
- Now retrieve your mobile boarding pass for AA flights (for eligible cities) on itineraries with codeshare flights
- Ability to change your seat on US Airways flights
- Upon check in, see status of systemwide and 500-mile upgrade requests
- Mobile boarding pass redesign/enhancements
- Smarter search capabilities on Flight Status and Schedules
- Various other bug fixes"

Also displays the incoming flight.

The posts from 2011 and prior to then have been archived; you may find them here: Archive: AA iPhone app - questions and issues (2011 and prior)

Print Wikipost

AA Apple iPhone app - questions and issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Had this problem once. Couldn’t check in or get boarding pass. AA web services claimed it was related to requesting SDFC. Even after I did not get standby and checked in via airport kiosk for my original flight, the boarding pass still not accessible on app.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: AAdantage EXP
Originally Posted by Segments
Had this problem once. Couldn’t check in or get boarding pass. AA web services claimed it was related to requesting SDFC. Even after I did not get standby and checked in via airport kiosk for my original flight, the boarding pass still not accessible on app.
Same here. I tried to get boarding passes all the way up to departure for both flights, no luck at all. I didn’t request SDFC and when I reached out to support they gave me the generic restart phone / redownload app procedure. First week this year not flying so I’ll find out next week if my app works...
Old May 29, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Android APP flight times vary according to time zone setting

I have two upcoming flights, and was just checking them on the APP: I had a momentary panic attack, because the departure dates on by return were out by a day...I thought perhaps I'd made a mistake in booking, went to my emails, and checked, and I hadn't booked the wrong returns.

Closed and refreshed the APP: showed the same error.

So went into my phone settings, and changed the timezone of my phone to the location of my inbound/ return, and voila: now my outbound dates are wrong, but my return dates are showing correctly...

What's confusing is that the _departure times_ are still showing local time: it's only the day/ date that varies...so it's not just that the APP has input the current timezone times...

Given that crossing timezones is very much to be expected when one flies...isn't this a major bug??!

Anyone else notice this??

tb
Old May 29, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Yeah, same thing happened to me.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Logged out of app every few hours

Anyone else?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:15 pm

Not doing that on mine.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Yes! All of the sudden started a few weeks ago. Annoying, to say the least.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Not sure about the every few hours bit, but I had to enter my password to see a seat map this morning for the first time in a long time.
dciolli likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Not sure about the every few hours bit, but I had to enter my password to see a seat map this morning for the first time in a long time.
Now that you mention it, it may be seat map related, as I've been checking for an open seat on the left side of my flight tonight (E175 in J).
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:50 pm

Don’t seat maps transfer you to aa.com?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Yes mine also sometimes asks for the password again when i go to seat selection. Annoying.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Not recently (for me)
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:56 pm

Just checked, and if I click on seats I get a confirmation dialog asking if I want to go to the AA site.

This is to look at a seat map for an upcoming flight.

iphone, latest AA app version.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
I've seen that for reservations that include non-AA flights, but that's not what I'm seeing. Instead, trying to view the seat map for this evening's flight prompts me for my password and then takes me to a seat map within the app (if I enter my password). If I cancel, I'm logged out of the app.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:42 pm

Weird. Mine goes to aa.com on any trip I have booked.

Going for greAAt(ly inconsistent), it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.