Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Apple iPhone app - questions and issues (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA App for the Apple iPhone / iOS - Questions, Issues

The iPhone American Airlines app now (Sep 2014) requires iOS 8.0 to run properly. If you have an earlier iPhone you do not wish to update from iOS 7 or previous versions due to battery usage and reported slowness, the AA app now requires updating to iOS 8 to communicate and exchange data with AA.

The previous iPhone American Airlines App works with iOS 7.0 and was originally released September 2013; the newest version is 3.4.1 (for fixes for iPad crashes). Further information can be found in the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/american-airlines/id382698565?mt=8

cubuffaloes2004 states:

"What's New in Version 3.3.0
- Now retrieve your mobile boarding pass for AA flights (for eligible cities) on itineraries with codeshare flights
- Ability to change your seat on US Airways flights
- Upon check in, see status of systemwide and 500-mile upgrade requests
- Mobile boarding pass redesign/enhancements
- Smarter search capabilities on Flight Status and Schedules
- Various other bug fixes"

Also displays the incoming flight.

The posts from 2011 and prior to then have been archived; you may find them here: Archive: AA iPhone app - questions and issues (2011 and prior)

Print Wikipost

AA Apple iPhone app - questions and issues (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
So I'm fairly certain I understand why this happened.

On the outbound trip, we were scheduled DTW-PHL-FCO. DTW-PHL went IRROPS and we were going to miss PHL-FCO. I called EXP desk, and she rerouted us DTW-CLT-LHR-FCO.

From that point forward, my return became a one-way trip somehow. When I would look at the reservation, it would say it was one-way, and when I called about the reservation, it said "your one-way trip is coming up." It looked to the system as if I had booked a one-way from FCO-CLT-DTW, which I guess raises a red flag (Single male, 30's, traveling alone, one way to the USA).

It shouldn't have happened, but I think that's why.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Looks like there's now the ability to book flights on the AA iPhone app. It's the same interface as the mobile site so no multi city or Award options. Still, a step in the right direction.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Still, a step in the right direction.
+1. Getting that much closer to where the UA app has been for the past 3 years.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Looks like there's now the ability to book flights on the AA iPhone app. It's the same interface as the mobile site so no multi city or Award options. Still, a step in the right direction.
AA app seems to route me to the net for booking still.

Edit: Clicked book flight again, and it did go through the app. As you mentioned though, it's essentially the web interface still.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Don't we have baggage tracking system on iPhone apps? I don't see it either. Can I used multiple BP to someone else?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:42 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by N830MH
Don't we have baggage tracking system on iPhone apps? I don't see it either. Can I used multiple BP to someone else?
Yes, baggage tracking is active on the iPhone app. It appears in your reservation when you have checked bags.

As for BPs, only the single user's BP will appear in the app - see econometric's post above for instructions on a workaround.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat
Iphone App Expiring Boarding Passes (to merge)

Flew Yesterday from STL-DFW-PHX-PSP. All three of my boarding passes expired before each leg was completed. I noticed this when I went to the AA CLub and could only use my "next" boarding pass--as the previous one was grayed out saying "the pass has expired."

I hadn't noticed this behavior before--I did just upgrade to IOS 11. Any others?
aztimm likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Do you save them in your Apple Wallet? Those never expire; I can go back years.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Hmm, they are there in the wallet but the QR code is grayed out and the pass itself when "info" ed shows as expired.

Are you saying that your QR codes are not dimmed/grayed out/expired?
----------------------------------
jpsj:
iOS 11 is not "out" yet, but this behavior exists in 10.3.x and as least the last year or so in previous versions. I would say it is not consistent when the expiry happens, sometimes after the flight has taken off, sometimes many hours later after the flight has arrived. Most of the time sooner than later...
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
If you look at the very bottom of the boarding pass you saved into Apple Wallet, you'll see "this pass has expired".
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Maybe that's AA-specific. None of my UA, LH, BA, etc BPs show expired. The QR code is fresh as a daisy. I found an old AA BP and it is the only one that is greyed out; another AA BP from about three years ago is still fresh.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by jcatman
If you look at the very bottom of the boarding pass you saved into Apple Wallet, you'll see "this pass has expired".
The funny thing is that all of my American boarding passes have that, but none from US Airways do...even those from when US was in Star Alliance.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Screenshot.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
mine turn blue (from black) when they expire.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
I'm seeing them expire more quickly too. I took a flight last night and this morning and they are already expired. Wonder what happens when you try to use this to enter the arrivals lounge if the pass is already expired. Another interesting thing is as of a few weeks ago my black boarding passes (I think for EXP) turn blue when they expire now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.