Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
Giftcards.com has sent out a feeback/testing invite...If you participate, you know what to say, right? About the things we want and like? I hope I don't need to coach you what to say..This is our bread and butter to get status, please don't mess it up....
How does the GC.com thing work? I keep seeing it mentioned, but nothing on their site, or AA's?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Superguy
How does the GC.com thing work? I keep seeing it mentioned, but nothing on their site, or AA's?
Have you used a shopping portal to earn miles or cashback before? AAdvantage eShopping is the same as those. More details on the How It Works page. The store you asked about is the same as many other stores affiliated withe AAdvantage eShopping.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by rrgg
Have you used a shopping portal to earn miles or cashback before? AAdvantage eShopping is the same as those. More details on the How It Works page. The store you asked about is the same as many other stores affiliated withe AAdvantage eShopping.
Thanks. For some reason I didn't see it when I was looking thru AA's site. So pretty much you're just buying virtual prepaid debit cards, then using them as normal cash to pay bills, etc?

Is there a way to consolidate them when you get down to a few bucks on each card?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: AA platinum
Originally Posted by Superguy
Thanks. For some reason I didn't see it when I was looking thru AA's site. So pretty much you're just buying virtual prepaid debit cards, then using them as normal cash to pay bills, etc?

Is there a way to consolidate them when you get down to a few bucks on each card?
Yes. One option: You can put any remainders on
Amazon reload Amazon reload
and buy something sold by Mr. Bezos at your convenience. Very easy to do.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Getting credit for GC.com purchases is painful. For every purchase ($250 every time), I wait the required 15 days and need to raise a request for points. I'm using Firefox. If anyone is getting consistent hassle free purchases from GC.com can you share the browser and settings you're using?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edsh
Getting credit for GC.com purchases is painful. For every purchase ($250 every time), I wait the required 15 days and need to raise a request for points. I'm using Firefox. If anyone is getting consistent hassle free purchases from GC.com can you share the browser and settings you're using?
Your problem is almost certainly that you have an ad blocker or installed, or and kind of tracking blocking enabled.

Just use a clean browser (not safari) that you don't use for anything else, with no plugins installed, using the default browser settings, and you will be fine.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
It took a few months, but I see the miles being subtracted both on the e-shopping account page and my AA account activity. However, I only see miles being subtracted, not LPs.
Shhh ...
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Chrome, adblocker disabled for both Aadvantage Shopping and GC.com.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody know the Booking.com "order amounts" adjust downwards after the stay.

I just booked a 300+ euro hotel stay that is tracking at $304. But that clearly includes taxes and I wouldn't assume that order amount would include taxes. But with $300 matching the 1,000 mile Back to School bonus I would love to keep the full bonus...
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
I had miles clawed back for a large HSN purchase (a Pink Gold 128GB Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 tablet). I wonder for what reason. Could it be due to that I used a Delta SkyMiles Amex as my payment method? Perhaps AA retaliated that I used a competitor airline's credit card.

I just did the same for a Lenovo tablet for my cousin directly from Lenovo. I hope I don't get my miles clawed back again, especially with the ongoing Back to School Bonus.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Delta 764
I had miles clawed back for a large HSN purchase (a Pink Gold 128GB Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 tablet). I wonder for what reason. Could it be due to that I used a Delta SkyMiles Amex as my payment method? Perhaps AA retaliated that I used a competitor airline's credit card.

I just did the same for a Lenovo tablet for my cousin directly from Lenovo. I hope I don't get my miles clawed back again, especially with the ongoing Back to School Bonus.
They don't care (or know) what credit card you used to make the purchase. And Delta is not Cartera's competitor; they are a partner just like AA (https://www.skymilesshopping.com/)

If the miles were clawed back that means that the merchant clawed back the payment to the portal. File a ticket with Cartera and ask why.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:41 pm

delete

Last edited by lunchtime; Jul 28, 2022 at 7:56 pm
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:43 pm

I have a 100% success rate of AA shopping posting now on all sites.
1. have the most up to date web browser version. I use chrome
2.make sure you are logged out of ALL other shopping portals ( the most important step!)
3. clear cookies after you log into any other shopping portal

i would bet your issue is another overlapping portal, you can only get credit for one. When I was logged into united’s I had all types of tracking issues. Since I stay fully logged out and cleared all cookies and caches after, flawless perfect tracking. Giftcards.Com participated in all types of shopping portals. I bet you are logged into another one somewhere. Clear all cache and cookies and fully log out
lowfareair likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any experience with multiple Motley Fool purchases?

It's down to $79 now, I'm considering a 2nd subscription (although the terms say only one per account).
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Any experience with multiple Motley Fool purchases?

It's down to $79 now, I'm considering a 2nd subscription (although the terms say only one per account).
You can't get the miles again. It won't post. You can give them your money twice but you wont get any miles out of it, as per the terms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.