Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 19, 22, 4:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rrgg
Wiki Link
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st.
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced.
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 23, 22, 9:33 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA Plat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by Cooper21 View Post
During Memorial day there were some codes to save the fees. Does anyone know if those are around, and are they commonly run?
The last one expired in early June. They have been on and off this year, more off than on. Though at 4 miles/dollar I think I can get comfortable with the $5.95 fee
Old Jun 23, 22, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA gold
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
Any guesses how long this will last? My buying cycle is early month to early month, but this is so tempting....
Mine is too, but I'm risking it. I have 2 GCs that didn't track this month, so I'm going to buy two more at 4x and then ask customer service to credit the missing 3x ones. So far I'm 100% with customer service filling in all the missing buys. If 4x sticks around, my recently raised goal of hitting PPro seems achievable (4x means an extra 16k LP by February).
Old Jun 23, 22, 6:46 pm

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I don't know how we're going to resist that temptation, it is not easy...
Old Jun 23, 22, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I don't know how we're going to resist that temptation, it is not easy...
This eGiftcard thing is kind of nice little LP "side hustle". I'm buiyng them when they offer the discount codes; paying less than the actual stored value; and using them to pay my bills online. The 1 RDM/LP per dollar spent I previously earned when using my Aviator card to pay my bills is just now replaced by the amount I get by purchasing these virtual VISA cards with my Aviator card. PLUS, I'm getting the additional 3 RDMs/LPs per dollar spent.
Old Jun 23, 22, 10:39 pm

Any guesses how long this will last? My buying cycle is early month to early month, but this is so tempting....
Aaaand it's over.
Old Jun 24, 22, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
"I can resist anything except temptation."

- Oscar Wilde
Old Jun 24, 22, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by redtop43 View Post
"I can resist anything except temptation."

- Oscar Wilde
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
Aaaand it's over.

Thank God....
Old Jun 24, 22, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
Aaaand it's over.
I wonder why that was so short lived. Maybe a mistake or maybe it wasn't meant to go up by a mile just yet?
Old Jun 24, 22, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by jamabam View Post
I wonder why that was so short lived. Maybe a mistake or maybe it wasn't meant to go up by a mile just yet?
I doubt it was meant to be long-lasting. It was probably used as a short-term incentive to boost sales towards the end of the month (they probably get more traffic early in the month from the regulars...)
Old Jun 24, 22, 12:27 pm

I doubt it was meant to be long-lasting. It was probably used as a short-term incentive to boost sales towards the end of the month (they probably get more traffic early in the month from the regulars...)
Yeah that was what I had thought initially when it went up +1, but puzzled why it wouldn't stay through the end of month if it had to do with boosting sales. Unless they met their quota in a day. I missed out on it, and will probably continue to wait until a discount promo comes out again.
Old Jun 24, 22, 12:36 pm

Yeah that was what I had thought initially when it went up +1, but puzzled why it wouldn't stay through the end of month if it had to do with boosting sales. Unless they met their quota in a day. I missed out on it, and will probably continue to wait until a discount promo comes out again.
If you look at the history on cashback monitor, you can see that it used to be that it was regularly 1 mile and then would occasionally get boosted to 3 for a day. So they have a history of 1-day promos.
nk15 and jamabam like this.
Old Jun 24, 22, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA gold
A few sites use the one-day boost technique. E.g., booking.com and tirerack.com, both of which I use, recently had 4x for a day before dropping back to their regular 3x. In addition to the spurt of activity from regulars, this puts them in the "these sites are offering more" list, which presumably more people watch.
nk15 and jamabam like this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 12:03 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
It's been 3x every time I've bought, which goes back to February 28. I'm buying a little over $2K a month and hoping I can glom up as many LP's as possible before it drops to 1. That would be a big difference for me in terms of requalifying for EXP. (I'll be at PPRO level by next week.)
Old Jun 25, 22, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by redtop43 View Post
I'm buying a little over $2K a month and hoping I can glom up as many LP's as possible before it drops to 1.
Quick question- is the 2K limit based in a calendar month, or rolling 30 days?
Old Jun 25, 22, 6:30 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WannaTheater View Post
Quick question- is the 2K limit based in a calendar month, or rolling 30 days?
I've asked this before and gotten mixed answers! Also curious.

Search this Thread