Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsomber88
I got mine pretty quickly, within a day or two I believe.
I ordered relatively late on Friday. I expect it will track after it ships, which I don't expect until Monday.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich
Everyone else just get a "You've earned mileage" email?

All four of my family accounts just received one. The most recent "recent activity" is from June 2021. The list of Recent Activity spans May 2018 to June 2021 for all four of them.

Odd.
I got one for activity from 2017........ 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich
Everyone else just get a "You've earned mileage" email?

All four of my family accounts just received one. The most recent "recent activity" is from June 2021. The list of Recent Activity spans May 2018 to June 2021 for all four of them.

Odd.
yes, weird
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: AA, Cap1
Ancestry[.]com is at 6 miles/$ ; nice for someone who has a need for this service.

Very few T&C’s listed. I’d jump on it but I’m a returning customer, not sure if this poses a problem. Has anyone done this?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA PPro (OWE), Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Summerfun 10% discount Virtual VGC

Summerfun 10% discount code for max $10 off on Virtual Visa GC, 5/6 June only
Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LittleBird
Summerfun 10% discount code for max $10 off on Virtual Visa GC, 5/6 June only
Do promo codes not listed on AAdvantage eShopping invalidate earnings?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA PPro (OWE), Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Nope, not if done through the portal. All the ones I’ve used have posted correctly.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
yes, weird
More LPs coming or erroneous email that will not yield in a bank error in our favor?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LittleBird
Nope, not if done through the portal. All the ones I’ve used have posted correctly.
They might invalidate earnings. It depends on the merchant and the coupon. Some merchants do attribution tracking through promo codes and coupons. So some coupons at some merchants will cause the purchase to be attributed to whoever owns the coupon instead of Cartera. This is why Cartera gives you this warning.
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
They might invalidate earnings. It depends on the merchant and the coupon. Some merchants do attribution tracking through promo codes and coupons. So some coupons at some merchants will cause the purchase to be attributed to whoever owns the coupon instead of Cartera. This is why Cartera gives you this warning.
Yes, it’s hit and miss. I was specifically wondering about Giftcards.com and their current 10% coupon that’s not mentioned on the AAdvantage eShopping site.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it’s hit and miss. I was specifically wondering about Giftcards.com and their current 10% coupon that’s not mentioned on the AAdvantage eShopping site.
From past experiences and data points, those seem to be fine.

I would be careful with coupons that you find on third party sites though. Those are generally only ever listed on 3rd party sites because they do attribution.

Some merchants may not pay when using one of their own coupons but giftcards.com does not seem to do that.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Not sure if something changed recently or not using gc.com and transferring the virtual visa to Google pay. I've had success with the last 5 or 6 cards and now I'm running into errors trying to add my most recent card to my Google pay wallet via My Prepaid Center. Card has been activated/registered but when clicking on "save to wallet" I'm getting "There was a problem retrieving your card information.". I've tried using 3 different browsers and 2 different phones and getting the same error each time. Could I have made some kind of mistake while registering the card maybe? I'm stumped.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: Frontier 100k, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Not sure if something changed recently or not using gc.com and transferring the virtual visa to Google pay. I've had success with the last 5 or 6 cards and now I'm running into errors trying to add my most recent card to my Google pay wallet via My Prepaid Center. Card has been activated/registered but when clicking on "save to wallet" I'm getting "There was a problem retrieving your card information.". I've tried using 3 different browsers and 2 different phones and getting the same error each time. Could I have made some kind of mistake while registering the card maybe? I'm stumped.
Same thing is happening to me. Stopped working for me on 6/2 on multiple phones.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage (EXP/LP=355k), Marriott (PLAT-E)
Has anyone had issues getting the Uber One subscription to show up on SimplyMiles? I will be starting my third month with it in a couple of days and it still hasn't been posted the first month. Not sure how to send a screenshot of a receipt as the only method of confirmation I have is the icon on the app and the line on my account statement for the credit card. Also, does the new offer on SimplyMiles restart the "max of 2 months" offer? Thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Marketwatch is an easy 1500 miles for $1, LPs showing up the next day...

Edit: Actually it went down to 1000 today....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.