Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2022, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by 355F1
If I book a 5-night hotel through the AA shopping portal (ihg directly) but it only requires a one-night deposit, when do I get the LPs for the total? After the stay?
I can't answer that question. But does booking a hotel reservation this way allow one to get their elite benefits and credit for their stay (unlike RM and bAAh)? I realize this would net fewer RDMs/LPs. But something is better than nothing at all.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:03 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I can't answer that question. But does booking a hotel reservation this way allow one to get their elite benefits and credit for their stay (unlike RM and bAAh)? I realize this would net fewer RDMs/LPs. But something is better than nothing at all.
Yes, because you are technically booking through ihg.com directly.
econ likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Fanjet
But does booking a hotel reservation this way allow one to get their elite benefits and credit for their stay (unlike RM and bAAh)?
Absolutely. I've been doing this with Marriott this year, and handful of IHG stays a few years ago.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
So yesterday I made two purchases that look like they didn't track. They show up in recent store visits but are not posted to "Recent Transactions". Did I do something wrong? It was giftcards.com and Sunbasket.
Old May 11, 2022, 9:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by AirricK11
So yesterday I made two purchases that look like they didn't track. They show up in recent store visits but are not posted to "Recent Transactions". Did I do something wrong? It was giftcards.com and Sunbasket.
It can take a few days to show up as a transaction in your "earned" tab on the site.

If no tracking after 15 days, submit a ticket w/ a PDF copy of your email receipt confirmation and you should get your miles no problem.
Antarius and AirricK11 like this.
Old May 11, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Got it, thanks for the info!

I was just confused since two days ago Motley Fool and Everyplate purchases posted after a few hours.
Old May 11, 2022, 10:01 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Got it, thanks for the info!

I was just confused since two days ago Motley Fool and Everyplate purchases posted after a few hours.
Each vendor seems to have a different posting schedule / sequence in terms of when it tracks, hits, posts, gets to AA.com, etc.

Some vendors are super fast and you can have miles in your account before an online purchase even ships out to you, others it can take a few days to work its way thru. Just depends.

And if you purchase on a weekend or holiday, it can delay things a bit as well.
Antarius and AirricK11 like this.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:10 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Clicked through and purchased the $99 Motley Fool subscription for the 7400 miles promotion early this morning. However the store visit is not showing in my AAdvantage eShopping account. Should I be worried?
Old May 11, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Sunbasket worked for me fine without issue. I don't remember how long it took, but not very long.

WSJ Wines on the other hand, I still haven't gotten any points for my March purchase. I submitted an issue on the Shopping Portal website and while they confirm I am owed 3000 points they are still "looking into it"
Old May 11, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ymx
Clicked through and purchased the $99 Motley Fool subscription for the 7400 miles promotion early this morning. However the store visit is not showing in my AAdvantage eShopping account. Should I be worried?
Just give it a bit. I did 2 transactions on Vistaprint, one took 24 hours and one took 4 hours. A transaction 4 days ago with 1800Flowers hasn't posted.

Each has their own schedule, it appears.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by econ
Absolutely. I've been doing this with Marriott this year.
Now I'm kicking myself for leaving all the miles/LPs on the table from my Marriott family property stays this year.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by anabolism
Now I'm kicking myself for leaving all the miles/LPs on the table from my Marriott family property stays this year.
Marriott usually is 1 LP/$, borderline worth bothering, IMO. You missed out what, 1-2k LPs?
Old May 11, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA, Cap1
Just a heads up Citi Merchant Offers has $50 cash back for Motley Fool $99 annual Stock Advisor subscription. I don’t see why this wouldn’t stack w 7400 miles.

I was going to come here and ask whether this could work multiple times, specifically 5 times to hit the $500 spend for 2000 bonus miles current deal;

7400*5+2000 = 39,000 LP

$99*5 ≈ $500
/2 (Citi)
= $250

/39,000
≈ 0.63¢/mi

which isn’t too bad!

But after reading through the thread I’m thinking GC’s + Amazon reload might be a better deal!
Old May 11, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beam88
Just a heads up Citi Merchant Offers has $50 cash back for Motley Fool $99 annual Stock Advisor subscription. I don’t see why this wouldn’t stack w 7400 miles.

I was going to come here and ask whether this could work multiple times, specifically 5 times to hit the $500 spend for 2000 bonus miles current deal;

7400*5+2000 = 39,000 LP

$99*5 ≈ $500
/2 (Citi)
= $250

/39,000
≈ 0.63¢/mi

which isn’t too bad!

But after reading through the thread I’m thinking GC’s + Amazon reload might be a better deal!
Please note these terms & conditions: Eligible on one (1) subscription per loyalty account number.

I signed up for a WSJ subscription via AAdvantage eShopping a few years ago (which I forgot about). I signed up for another earlier this year and my missing miles claim was rejected as it wasn’t my first subscription.

So I wouldn’t plan on being able to get credit for multiple subscriptions.
Antarius and beam88 like this.
Old May 11, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA, Cap1
Even so, $50/7400 ≈ 0.68¢ , which isn’t much worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.