Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WhereAmIHeading
Anyone getting the FTD miles from AA Shopping Portal in a timely manner? When I checked out 2 weeks ago, it said clearly the AA miles (25x) for each purchase. Even though the flowers were delivered, there is no trace of points/miles on my AA account or on AA Shopping Portal. Everything else on AA Shopping gets credited within a few days or when ordered is received so this seems odd.
I did not get FTD either. Submitted claim. Seems like a gap in the Feb 7 - Feb 10 time frame. Once from Feb 11 showed tracking immediately.
Ones in gap time did not.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: DL PM; UA PS; AA PPro; Marriott Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by WhereAmIHeading
Anyone getting the FTD miles from AA Shopping Portal in a timely manner? When I checked out 2 weeks ago, it said clearly the AA miles (25x) for each purchase. Even though the flowers were delivered, there is no trace of points/miles on my AA account or on AA Shopping Portal. Everything else on AA Shopping gets credited within a few days or when ordered is received so this seems odd.
I have used FTD once before, but through Delta's portal (before there were LP to chase!). It didn't track like a normal purchase. If FTD/AA is like FTD/Delta think FTD has a direct agreement with AA, rather than with the company that manages AA's shopping portal. It's just advertised on the portal. With FTD/Delta, miles posted on Dec 8 & 9 for two purchases made on November 19. Dec 8/9 was around the delivery date, so not sure if they were posted even later than that and back-dated, or if they wait to post on the delivery date. I do remember it seeming like an obscenely long amount of time between purchase and posting. However, reading about other folks' portal experiences, maybe guaranteed 3 weeks later is better than doing the portal CS runaround

I recently placed an FTD/AA order on Feb 7 for delivery on Feb 11. No miles yet.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:33 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
Miles did not post for a Bright Cellars wine subscription.
I also had issues with getting the miles for Bright Cellars. Waited 15 days and then submitted the order confirmation email and a screenshot of the confetti.
Took the portal people a couple of days to verify that I did have a valid claim and then another week for Bright Cellars to get things right on their side so that I could get my miles.
But if I can't trust them, I'm not going to keep a subscription.
I'm cancelling mine. It's not a good value with their regular pricing and the quality of the wine.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:35 am

I submitted an inquiry to eShopping on 3 orders, one being FTD. I ordered it through eShopping, but got this response.

Additionally, it seems the offer from FTD.com Flowers & Gifts that you are asking about is a Direct Offer/ Partner Offer from AAdvantage. These offers are offered to all AAdvantage members. The reward for this offer posts directly to your AAdvantage account per the offer terms: "Please allow 6-8 weeks for posting of AAdvantage miles to your AAdvantage program account by FTD. These purchases will post directly to your AAdvantage account, and will not appear as an eShopping purchase in your eShopping account. For question on miles earned from this offer, please contact FTD at 800-SEND-FTD or [email protected]. Since miles earned at FTD are not rewarded via eShopping, associated purchases will not qualify towards eShopping bonuses."
Looks like a cop out.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:39 am

Response on FTD also said.

This offer can be found here: https://earnmoremiles.aa.com/BonusOffers/RetailDining

This link will take you to the offer on the AAdvantage site. Please make sure you take the time to search the page for the offer in question.

We are aware that some Direct Offers can be found on our site. This is a client ask to alert members of another way to maximize earning potential for their members.

We appreciate your understanding regarding this matter.
Looks like they are recharacterizing even though on eShopping site.

Thee earnmoremiles.aa.com appear to include Home Depot, Dell, ebags, Bloomingdaels, apple, Gap, etc. Eshopping is listed there too.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:28 am

I made two large purchases that failed to track, despite having received confirmation emails from the shopping portal following the completion of both orders. The first was $900+ from Dyson back in November. This should’ve earned 3x miles plus 4K miles for the holiday promo (spend $1200, get 4K miles). The second was for $3059 from Bergdorf Goodman which was 12x miles at the time, plus 1k bonus miles for another promo.

I submitted multiple missing miles inquiries and received denials citing various reasons: “AA eShopping was not the last click”, “purchase was credited to another party outside our network”, and “you’re an idiot who doesn’t know how to operate a computer” (or something to that effect lol). Almost 45k miles denied for nonsense reasons.

After reading some users on FlyerTalk have had success with this avenue, I submitted a BBB complaint regarding Cartera Commerce on Friday 1/28 and included screenshots of the offer terms, proof of purchases, copies of all email communications, etc. Cartera responded the following day, and by Tuesday morning both purchases were pending in the AA shopping portal. All of the miles, including the bonus promos, were posted to my AA account the next day
vasantn, AAway, aktchi and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by JByrne777
I made two large purchases that failed to track, despite having received confirmation emails from the shopping portal following the completion of both orders. The first was $900+ from Dyson back in November. This should’ve earned 3x miles plus 4K miles for the holiday promo (spend $1200, get 4K miles). The second was for $3059 from Bergdorf Goodman which was 12x miles at the time, plus 1k bonus miles for another promo.

I submitted multiple missing miles inquiries and received denials citing various reasons: “AA eShopping was not the last click”, “purchase was credited to another party outside our network”, and “you’re an idiot who doesn’t know how to operate a computer” (or something to that effect lol). Almost 45k miles denied for nonsense reasons.

After reading some users on FlyerTalk have had success with this avenue, I submitted a BBB complaint regarding Cartera Commerce on Friday 1/28 and included screenshots of the offer terms, proof of purchases, copies of all email communications, etc. Cartera responded the following day, and by Tuesday morning both purchases were pending in the AA shopping portal. All of the miles, including the bonus promos, were posted to my AA account the next day
That's great to know. I may have to go this route.
donotblink likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by JByrne777

went the BBB route with the Verizon Prepaid offer with no luck.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by ambush276
if i can see the order number and amount tracked in recent store vists, but it has not yet posted into recent transactions does that mean it will track eventually? Have some orders that posted 3 days ago in recent store visits but has not moved to recent transactions yet?
If it's showing an order number and amount in recent visits, I wouldn't worry. Give it two weeks. If it still hasn't posted, use the "missing miles" link under "Contact Us", attach a copy of the order email, and it will probably be manually credited within a day or two.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I need a new wine rack (to hold all my wine club wine), anyone have any suggestions for good AA Shopping portal vendors for it?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by donotblink
I need a new wine rack (to hold all my wine club wine), anyone have any suggestions for good AA Shopping portal vendors for it?
Bed, Bath is 2X (but you might be able to apply Bed, Bath coupons if you have any); Pier 1 is 4X; Overstock is 5X.

There may be other merchants.
_kurt likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Verizon update

The 6200 miles from first of my two Verizon prepaid card purchases posted to eShopping as "Pending" today. The purchase was made on 1/18 and a ticket opened on 2/3. Waiting to see if they post as base or bonus. No email from Cartera yet informing me that the issue has been resolved, so I'm not sure if they just posted at the 30-day mark or if Cartera had to intervene.

The second purchase was made on 1/24 and a ticket opened on 2/9 so maybe I will see the miles from that one post in another 6 days. 🤞
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:01 am
formerly DreAAmliner

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by vasantn
The 6200 miles from first of my two Verizon prepaid card purchases posted to eShopping as "Pending" today. The purchase was made on 1/18 and a ticket opened on 2/3. Waiting to see if they post as base or bonus. No email from Cartera yet informing me that the issue has been resolved, so I'm not sure if they just posted at the 30-day mark or if Cartera had to intervene.

The second purchase was made on 1/24 and a ticket opened on 2/9 so maybe I will see the miles from that one post in another 6 days. 🤞
I have been quietly (and thankfully) following your Verizon saga, as i have had the exact same experience, including a missing miles submission.
Like you, today i also see my 6,200 miles "pending". My purchase was 1/19.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Did you get any response on your ticket? I was asked for the order confirmation, which I provided, and then nothing since. I made the purchase on 1/18 and submitted my ticket 2/3.

Nothing showing as tracking for me.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National

Looks like mine posted as well, as pending with a 1/19 date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.