Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by kimbray
So the CMVISA5 not working again. I also got an email from Giftcards.com TODAY Titled "Well... That did't go as planned" where they say they had some issues over the weekend around codes not working and calls out CMVISA in email, but when you go to use it comes back with "We're sorry. This code has been used too many times." . In the email, if you click thru it takes you to a Giftcard page that has CYBERSAVE as the new code for 5% but ALAS, that does not work either..." We're sorry. This code has been used too many times."

Maybe will start working again... SO CLOSE to AA Executive Platinum...
Has anyone contacted them to see what is going on? Thinking about calling today to ask since I have some bills due today I need some VGC for.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
The good news is that it doesn't seem they claw back the LP's, only the RDM's.
This is not my experience. And I just had a second transaction rescinded. It seems like every transaction that I do that generates more than 1,000 LP is getting retracted after a 2-4 week period. I do not understand what is going on. I requested my miles be reinstated for both transactions but have yet to get a response. Does anyone have successful experience in getting this stuff overturned?
Old Dec 8, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA PPro (OWE), Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Originally Posted by EzraBrooks
This is not my experience. And I just had a second transaction rescinded. It seems like every transaction that I do that generates more than 1,000 LP is getting retracted after a 2-4 week period. I do not understand what is going on. I requested my miles be reinstated for both transactions but have yet to get a response. Does anyone have successful experience in getting this stuff overturned?
Same thing happened to me but nothing has posted at all. Claim opened 10 days ago and nothing heard since, which is weird, as in my experience, claims have been dealt with faster
Old Dec 8, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Question about multiple purchases. I added three new lines to my Verizon Wireless account. 6200 LP for a new line. Here's the terms. Would you have expected 6200 X 3 or just 6200. I don't see it limited to one. I got 6200-very fast. If 6200 is right, that's good. But I'd love 6200 per new line.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I wouldn't count on this for requalification. AA has been known to claw back stuff months after the fact in the past.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
So I noticed that your shopping history can only go back two years, and I have been successful at getting new bonuses from some stores that are stated as a one-time bonus for new customers. Is two years the tracking cutoff for repeat bonuses, or is it shorter? Wondering if anyone has any data points or experiences.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by LittleBird
Same thing happened to me but nothing has posted at all. Claim opened 10 days ago and nothing heard since, which is weird, as in my experience, claims have been dealt with faster
in my claim email today it said to allow more time to research due to the number of requests.

I had one order that had tracked properly in the portal with the correct spend amount and order number or anything, but the points never posted. That’s the only one I had looked into, usually I just assume the points will post if I get the shopping portal tracking email :|.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 12:55 pm

I am going to guess that AA corrects this at some EOY audit sometime in January. Maybe you will get lucky, but i would think there is a very good chance they plan to balance it out well before the end of February. End of year sounds like the best time to run a batch program and clean up to keep everything even, also giving elites plenty of time to check their qualification levels.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA, WN
I tried CMVISA, CMVISA5, CYBERSAVE, CYBERSALE, BFVIP, and none of them work since 12/05. Anyone with any luck?
Old Dec 9, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Rhomboid
I tried CMVISA, CMVISA5, CYBERSAVE, CYBERSALE, BFVIP, and none of them work since 12/05. Anyone with any luck?
No luck here. I sent them an email but have not heard back yet.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
End of year charitable giving is a really great way to get rid of the gift cards. It’s a decent chunk of unbonused spend for me normally.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I just tried and CYBERSAVE is working
edsh and murphy like this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I just tried and CYBERSAVE is working
It's not yet listed on the AA Shopping website as a valid promo code for points earning. Hopefully it's just a delay in updating the page and the code will be honored.
Antarius likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 6:13 am

Wine -- try more than once?

Im 20k from exec plat. Thought about doing Verizon business for the 10k and just eating the $65 dollars (maybe more for the 45 day requirement)
but what about cycling back through the wine services and trying for round 2? anyone tried repeat offers?
Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Looks like all promos have ended for GC.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.