Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jason Story
What is the website to track historical points offered by retailers? Someone shared it on here earlier and I cant find it.
https://www.cashbackmonitor.com/ - can view rate history.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:48 pm

was just going to checkout from Saks and I think their website crashed
Old Nov 28, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Saks 10x is very handy if you have an Amex Platinum card and haven't used your semiannual $50 Saks credit since July 1. Free 500 LPs!
Illinwu likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
GC.com updated the look of their checkout page and now 1) the saved CC only has a 50% chance of being populated on the order page, and 2) an order has only a 50% chance of being reported to AAdvantage eShoppping. I placed four $250 orders and only the last 2 tracked. I then later placed 2 orders and only the first tracked. The first issue is less likely to occur if I wait longer for each page to load. I've previously placed on the order of 1 or 2 dozen orders without a problem.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Kawliga
Same here, although I only did an order of $500 (2 cards) which tracked at ~$1K. So the weird multipliers appear to be based on how many cards you order, since $1500 spent x 6 would equal that $9K. You likely will have to appeal with them.
I have had same issue. Has anyone started the fun, painful, long process to rectify?? If so, any new qucker experience... I also noticed something, the orders that have tracked incorrectly on Cartera are also ones that are not showing up in GC.com order history. I got the emails, got the giftcards but the tracking/history is wrong on GC.com site. I think they are related... So once GC.com fixes transactions, it will get fixed by Cartera... Or one could HOPE.

I did place some more orders this morning and they are already showing up as orders on GC.com site so back to normal tracking... I am doing things at $500/transaction as at $750/trasactions, I have see challenges automatically crediting... fun fun fun.

Last edited by kimbray; Nov 29, 2022 at 10:33 am
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by armus
GC.com updated the look of their checkout page and now 1) the saved CC only has a 50% chance of being populated on the order page, and 2) an order has only a 50% chance of being reported to AAdvantage eShoppping. I placed four $250 orders and only the last 2 tracked. I then later placed 2 orders and only the first tracked. The first issue is less likely to occur if I wait longer for each page to load. I've previously placed on the order of 1 or 2 dozen orders without a problem.
Has definitely been more problematic as of late.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:34 am

I'm finding incorrect credits at several sites. GC like others have said, is mis-crediting. My $500 order credited to AA at $1k and they awarded LP based on that. A subsequent $1k order credited at $4k which is ineligible for an award. They acknowledged the order but then of course no action. I messaged them on Sunday but no acknowledgment or response.

My $69.99 order from ugg.com credited at $39.99. Single item!!!! Again Sunday messaged, no response

My Apple $98 order credited $79, for a charger, but the $19 for cable included in that order never credited. I emailed them numerous times - first they added it then removed it, next they re-added $98 and again removed $19, and then the $79 extra, and when I complained they said I had my credit and closed the ticket. I wrote back again to say it was unresolved almost a week ago and no response or acknowledgment, so I followed up today.

All orders placed on my desktop using Chrome.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
The incorrect posting total happened to me today, first time I have ever had an issue of any kind with the site. I made a $999.99 purchase from LG Electronic on Monday. It showed up as pending in my eShopping account yesterday for $99.99. Today they posted 300 miles (3x multiplier) to my AAdvantage account. I filed an inquiry on the site and asked them to please make sure the additional 2,700 are posted as base miles and not bonus. We shall see...
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by nall
Has definitely been more problematic as of late.
I actually had a lot more problems with giftcards.com purchases not tracking at the beginning of the month than now - but I'm only doing ~1 day
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:30 am

I have a question based on all of these challenges. I am close to AA Executive Platinum. I am waiting to see what all posts to AA because of these interesting issues (some are in my favor and some are not but I beleive I am net positive based on lastest shopping portal pending trasactions (lets see if they ever post to AA).

My question is the following, if I get to AA Executive Patinum status based on Cartera posting transactions to AA and AA recognizing status, if there is a CLAW BACK on any transaction, do I LOSE the AA Executive Platinum?

I ask this as this latest round of issues with Cartera may create this exact situation for me...

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by kimbray
I have a question based on all of these challenges. I am close to AA Executive Platinum. I am waiting to see what all posts to AA because of these interesting issues (some are in my favor and some are not but I beleive I am net positive based on lastest shopping portal pending trasactions (lets see if they ever post to AA).

My question is the following, if I get to AA Executive Patinum status based on Cartera posting transactions to AA and AA recognizing status, if there is a CLAW BACK on any transaction, do I LOSE the AA Executive Platinum?

I ask this as this latest round of issues with Cartera may create this exact situation for me...

Thanks!
Almost all people reporting clawbacks have reported that they claw back RDMs only, not LPs. No guarantee of that of course, but it seems like a safe guess.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by kimbray

Thanks!
It seems that when there is a clawback, they only claw back the award miles not the LP's...
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; AA Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Gold
Using Samsung Pay or Google Pay with virtual Visa

I've seen it mentioned here that we should be able to load the GCC Virtual Visa to Samsung Pay or Google Pay, but I am striking out doing that (getting a "your bank doesn't support this" message). Obviously I'm missing something. Would appreciate guidance. Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:44 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Finally, after countless emails my IHG stay from Sep. has posted.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by GVR Bill
I've seen it mentioned here that we should be able to load the GCC Virtual Visa to Samsung Pay or Google Pay, but I am striking out doing that (getting a "your bank doesn't support this" message). Obviously I'm missing something. Would appreciate guidance. Thanks
GC.com no longer sells the virtual Visa GC that works with Google pay. It was a thing a few months ago, but not anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.