Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: United Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Long time lurker, will be helpful for once. I used Mastersale a few days ago - now LPs posted to AA. one order of 2x250 and another for 6x250. Got all 6143 LPs in one deposit actually, not two separately

I liked the soliloquy though!

Question - if I use another AA Mall account, but buying through the same giftcards.com account, that'll work right?

EDIT - there is a $1500 max - you get $75 off if you try to add 8x250, so that would be 5% off the first $1500

Last edited by thesyst3m; Nov 15, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Old Nov 15, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Not to start an argument, but how about everyone stop posting online about how you've found a loophole in the system which clearly, without uncertainty, states: "Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site."
Keep it up, and we are ALL down to 1x.

Anyone remember the manufacturing spending days of the Target RedCards... until the greedy folks decided to get 10 cards per family, which very quickly killed it for everyone??

Be happy with your 3x (4x if you use AA Citi card) for $5.95.

Last edited by WannaTheater; Nov 16, 2022 at 11:03 am
Old Nov 16, 2022, 3:25 pm

Just got a response regarding my Viator issues they say they won't post until after you completed the tour - sometimes up to a year later. Problem is they haven't a clue what the multiplier was at the time you booked. They issued me for 2 missing past tours and only gave me 3x vs. the 6x when I booked them... so keep a spreadsheet on how much they owe you.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Take pictures of the site and date with the extra miles for suspicious vendors.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by nk15
Take pictures of the site and date with the extra miles for suspicious vendors.
I do this for all vendors. I've had home depot, office max, macy's etc. not post. I take photos of the point multiplier before I enter the vendor site, once I enter the site and deal is successfully registered, my final cart, the airplane banned showing how many points I will get, the order/invoice number after placed, and the success popup. I delete them after points hit AAdvantage account.

Camera phones are great.
36902BRF and nk15 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
Just got a response regarding my Viator issues they say they won't post until after you completed the tour - sometimes up to a year later. Problem is they haven't a clue what the multiplier was at the time you booked. They issued me for 2 missing past tours and only gave me 3x vs. the 6x when I booked them... so keep a spreadsheet on how much they owe you.
Interesting. When I've had something not post and I reach out, they have been able to pull up the correct miles/$ at the time of purchase, even if it is different than now and has changed.
SFflyer20 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
It appears the 5% off party is over for now. VETERANSDAY, VETERANSDAYSALE and MASTERSALE are now showing an error message. "We're sorry. This code has been used too many times."
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by njvandy
It appears the 5% off party is over for now. VETERANSDAY, VETERANSDAYSALE and MASTERSALE are now showing an error message. "We're sorry. This code has been used too many times."
The codes were valid until November 17th, so it'd be expected that they don't work today.

Out of my 6x $250 purchases, the first two have posted to AA, and the other four (which were purchased a day later) are in the "you've earned AA miles" stage, so I expect those to post in the next day or two.
Combined with the AAeshopping 4k miles holiday shopping bonus, it's a pretty good deal to receive ~10k RDMs and ~6k LPs for a negative $35 spend.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Bummer. I was going to buy a few more today but it's probably just as well as I accumulated a whole lot during the promo period. This most recent batch should get me over the hump for EXP. Fingers getting tired from liquidating them all!
Old Nov 18, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
eShopping and GC has been a cluster for me. The overwhelming majority of my GCs didn't track despite being on a fresh install without ad-blockers. Of the ones that tracked, many had been cancelled and will end up being de-tracked. Now I'm into some weird purgatory with GC.com where all of my orders are getting insta-reversed. It's been back and forth for me. I'd really like to get one more GC purchase in today to max out the $1,500 because I feel like getting those 4,000 points for late-posting miles I had to request after the promo ends is going to be annoying.

GC.com is extremely annoying as a company. I can understand having strict screening and security measures and I appreciate why their CS can't give any information on specifics. But, they should have some verification process to get us past it rather than just declining and cancelling orders without explanation. It's a ridiculous experience to have me place order after order and then GC keeps cancelling them 4-6 hours later and I have to go place it again. Give me a verification process where I can upload a picture of my ID, send you some sort of notarized affidavit, or whatever the heck it will take to let my transactions go through. This is just dumb.

But, here I am chasing LPs so I guess I'll keep trying.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Bummer. I was going to buy a few more today but it's probably just as well as I accumulated a whole lot during the promo period. This most recent batch should get me over the hump for EXP. Fingers getting tired from liquidating them all!
I’ll be shocked if they don’t run a new one next week for Black Friday.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by murphy
I’ll be shocked if they don’t run a new one next week for Black Friday.
Probably, but will the 3x multiplier survive until then? It's the combo of both that makes for an exceptional deal rather than just an ok one.
GVR Bill, murphy, njvandy and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 7:58 am

Did anyone else notice the language change on Giftcards.com -- going from $2,000 per calendar month to just $2,000 per order? I know a couple of months ago the language was definitely each month, but the only reference to $2k I see now in the terms is just per order.

Please note these terms & conditions: Special terms: Orders over $2,000.00 are not eligible.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by MoonOverMiami
Did anyone else notice the language change on Giftcards.com -- going from $2,000 per calendar month to just $2,000 per order? I know a couple of months ago the language was definitely each month, but the only reference to $2k I see now in the terms is just per order.
Yes, approx nov 5 that changed https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34735545-post1782.html
Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:43 am

Just got an email about a promo for $5 off $100 virtual Visa at giftcards.com for early black friday. On the surface that looks the same as 5% but it is really not as good - $5 doesn't even cover the full $5.95 fee, plus a lot more work to redeem cars for the same value.

Hopefully real black friday will be better
GVR Bill and Soccerjoshj07 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.