Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sidorg222
When I look at the AAdvantage eShopping Motley Fool offer, it says "Was 3,700 Miles, now earn 7,400 miles". It doesn't seem to mention LP (Loyalty Points).

I'm assuming these are normal AAdvantage miles, and that 1 AAdvantage mile earns 1 Loyalty Points?
Yes
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by 355F1
ALWAYS Read the fine print with any vendor before purchasing. Quite a few people here haven’t and got burned. And many vendors have weird rules/categories excluded, etc.
This is excellent advice. I've been burned by this even when I knew better. I've been buying most of our routine household supplies (toothpaste, toothbrush heads, dental floss, ibuprofen, Kleenex, paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags, zippy bags, some shampoo, soaps, etc.) through AA e-shopping merchants for decades (I started back when Drugstore.com was around). Most of this routine stuff I get from Walgreens or Rite-Aid, but I still mess up on occasion and accidently buy paper goods from Walgreens, which excludes them. What typically happens is someone needs hair highlighting or tooth whitening gel, and often only one of the two has it in stock. I'll end up putting the whole order in on that one, forgetting that paper products mustn't be ordered from Walgreens.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 5:48 am

Yes, I redeemed that offer recently and got the miles and LP quickly from Motley

Last edited by gowarty; Sep 29, 2022 at 5:49 am Reason: Clarify
Old Sep 29, 2022, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
So, for those of us over 200k miles or our intended target, I guess the approach should be to slow down or stop pursuing those unique, "once per customer" offers and save something for next year's qualification, right?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 6:46 am

you need to sub the annual right? cant do it for a month?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
The Back to School bonus just showed up in my eShopping account as Pending
nk15 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 5:06 am

my 2k for Back to School posted.
Antarius likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by AAdamE
I pulled my whole activity (on American's side) see nothing YTD matching this amount. I sent a pdf to the portal people - so well see. They keep deflecting. So frustrating.
I sometimes see AA e-shopping miles post as one entry with the amount from multiple orders. I now keep a spreadsheet of every purchase through AA e-shopping (order date, merchant, order number, order amount, e-shopping post date, e-shopping dollar amount, e-shopping miles, aa post date, aa miles, etc.)
AAdamE likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Tomorrow is the first of the month, let's see if it brings anything good...
njvandy likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:43 am

Homer Learning

Is anyone having trouble getting their 2k Miles/LPs for their subscription to Homer.

in my case, it was tracked by AAdvantage Shopping, their are order numbers, my first $9.99 charge hit my cc.

Reached out to Cartera who verified that I should get the miles/LPs. But it had a sentence in their response that concerned me.

“…find out why the order was not credited and attempt to obtain commission for it in order to pass it back to you.“

not a very experienced AAdvantage shopper here, but do companies refused to pay Cartera and you are out the mileage offer?

thanks.
nineworldseries and nk15 like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by 777lover
Is anyone having trouble getting their 2k Miles/LPs for their subscription to Homer.

in my case, it was tracked by AAdvantage Shopping, their are order numbers, my first $9.99 charge hit my cc.

Reached out to Cartera who verified that I should get the miles/LPs. But it had a sentence in their response that concerned me.

“…find out why the order was not credited and attempt to obtain commission for it in order to pass it back to you.“

not a very experienced AAdvantage shopper here, but do companies refused to pay Cartera and you are out the mileage offer?

thanks.
Yep, I have had that very thing happen several times this year. Just Food for Dogs seems like a total scam that has never paid anybody. Seems like sadly the Homer and CodeSpark are the same way.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Bonuses are posting quickly--got my 500 Back to School Shopping Bonus miles yesterday.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 12:51 pm

DIrecTV Stream 5,000 Mile offer

When I click on this 5,000 mile offer, it takes me to the below screen of DirecTV offers that have a 24 month agreement:

If I click on the buttom that says "Stream" at the top of the page (which is what the 5,000 mile offer is supposed to be for anyway) which takes me to the different packages below will I still get the 5,000 miles? These DirecTV Stream packages have no agreement. The AA eshopping terms just say you have to be a customer for 90 days:

Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by EQDsSUCK
When I click on this 5,000 mile offer, it takes me to the below screen of DirecTV offers that have a 24 month agreement:

If I click on the buttom that says "Stream" at the top of the page (which is what the 5,000 mile offer is supposed to be for anyway) which takes me to the different packages below will I still get the 5,000 miles? These DirecTV Stream packages have no agreement. The AA eshopping terms just say you have to be a customer for 90 days:
If you go to the offers page (on the AA side) it lists 27 different offers, and they include both DirecTV and DirecTV Stream options. It all seems to be covered, but if you're concerned just click on one of the Stream offers that would take you straight from the AA shopping portal to the four DirecTV Stream options. And make sure you're fine with those 90 days, as it means you'd be paying for at least three months of the service (and the points wouldn't hit your account until January one would think).
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:38 am

I'm looking to buy a new iPhone and want to maximize earnings from the purchase. From what I can see on the Verizon store page, they are offering 5 miles/$ for "accessories" which makes me think things like airpods or charging cables, but there are offers on the page specifically for buying the new iPhone. Is there any way to tell if the 5 miles/$ applies to new phones? Or are those links only there if I will be signing up for a new line with the new phone? I don't need a new line - just the phone - so if that's required for the deal then I will look elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.