Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I find that those big transactions do show up (I've had a few, for various reasons) -- but they take at least 3 weeks.
It's been about 5 weeks now, it ended Aug 14, this one is taking longer, I believe...
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 355F1
On May 11th, I booked a September stay at an IHG hotel through the shopping portal with no deposit (not pre-padi).

I just completed the stay,

Anyone know how long it takes for points to post with this type of transaction?
Just had one of my reservations post to the portal this morning. What's interesting is that I had two reservations: one I checked out 9/6, the other I checked out 9/12. The reservation from 9/12 posted but I have not yet seen the one from 9/6.

Old Sep 20, 2022, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kawliga
I made the same mistake and bought my full $2K in one transaction on Aug 30. It hasn’t posted yet, so I’ll probably fill out the online inquiry form next week.
I commented a while back about the most recent GCC promo and I made the large order as well and I never raised a ticket and it posted about 35 days after the fact for LP. As for the AA miles on the back to school bonus, I am waiting like most who are in this boat.
Antarius likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
I have a situation where I can see the confirmed transaction on 8/22/22 of 2700 miles in the AA shopping portal, but the miles never went into my AAdvantage account. The original transaction was in June and I had to report the missing transaction. It was credited like I said on 8/22 and AAshopping support says they did everything on their end and the AAdvantage desk says this is a shopping issue. Thought to see if anyone experienced this and had advice (since this is not a - I bought something and it never posted issue).
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AAdamE
I have a situation where I can see the confirmed transaction on 8/22/22 of 2700 miles in the AA shopping portal, but the miles never went into my AAdvantage account. The original transaction was in June and I had to report the missing transaction. It was credited like I said on 8/22 and AAshopping support says they did everything on their end and the AAdvantage desk says this is a shopping issue. Thought to see if anyone experienced this and had advice (since this is not a - I bought something and it never posted issue).
Check thoroughly if it was posted backdated somewhere, and if not contact AAShopping support again.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by nk15
Check thoroughly if it was posted backdated somewhere, and if not contact AAShopping support again.
I pulled my whole activity (on American's side) see nothing YTD matching this amount. I sent a pdf to the portal people - so well see. They keep deflecting. So frustrating.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
Basically none. Raise.com withdrew from the portal a month ago. All the major retailers exclude giftcards from earning miles, at least in the TOC. The only exception I believe is Walgreens, but you have to buy online for store pick-up only, I think.
Made first purchase of gift cards at Walgreens. Ordered online and picked up at store. Store personnel didn't know how to process but figure it out. Still waiting for the points to post on AAa ccount.
Antarius and nk15 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA PPro (OWE), Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Originally Posted by bagg
Made first purchase of gift cards at Walgreens. Ordered online and picked up at store. Store personnel didn't know how to process but figure it out. Still waiting for the points to post on AAa ccount.
Keep us posted, hoping it works out for you
Antarius likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Good luck. Looking at the listed conditions, GCs aren't excluded, so even if it doesn't make it automatically, it should be a good case to file a request
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think next time Walgreens is 4 miles per $, we should jump on it...and before it is gone, lol...
Antarius likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Is the max $100 or were you able to get a $250 card?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Two questions -

If I did the Motley Fool offer this year, can I still do the Million Acres one and earn the points? (need to check if its still 7000 or back to 3500ish)

If I signed up for a Homer Learning trial last month which finally converted to a paid account a couple of days ago, which offer will I earn? Their current one (10 points per dollar) or the better one when I signed up a month ago? A fixed amount I think, forget how much...
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
If I did the Motley Fool offer this year, can I still do the Million Acres one and earn the points? (need to check if its still 7000 or back to 3500ish)
This doesn't really answer your question, but I believe the Million Acres cost is about $2499 per year.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by AirricK11
Is the max $100 or were you able to get a $250 card?
Don't know if it makes a difference but I purchased an ebay gift card (no additional fee), not visa gift card. I see on aadvantageshopping.com website that the ebay gift card from walgreens has a pending status with the x2 point value.

BTW, walgreens cashier were very confused as to how to process the online paid gift cards. DO NOT pay twice. The cashier should just scan gift cards and print out receipt.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
This doesn't really answer your question, but I believe the Million Acres cost is about $2499 per year.
If that is accurate then, NEVERMIND lol. So in a way, it does. I assumed they might have a 100 dollar silly whatever but perhaps not, ha.
nk15 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.