FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1047553-questions-bankdirect-now-bask-bank-consolidated.html)

envgeo Jul 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Bank Direct

I used it. It's the Internet arm of Texas capital bank. Worked well and you are FDIC insured up to a limit.

mathlete Jul 29, 2012 7:25 pm

get over your fears. It's perfectly reputable.

Microwave Jul 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Perche (Post 19024556)
I know there is a Bank Direct thread.

There sure is--and I've gone ahead and merged your post into it. :)

~Moderator

liw5215 Aug 1, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi There,

I opened the account on 7/05 with initial deposit, and added some money later on, but i have not seen any AA miles on my account. how long for Bankdirect to post the miles? Thanks

rrgg Aug 1, 2012 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215 (Post 19041612)
Hi There,

I opened the account on 7/05 with initial deposit, and added some money later on, but i have not seen any AA miles on my account. how long for Bankdirect to post the miles? Thanks

In most cases miles post around the first Tue. of each month, sometimes a few days later if it's a holiday week. You probably will see them on the 7th or 8th.

liw5215 Aug 1, 2012 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 19041652)
In most cases miles post around the first Tue. of each month, sometimes a few days later if it's a holiday week. You probably will see them on the 7th or 8th.

Thank you very much, rrgg!!!!

josephstern Aug 1, 2012 1:21 pm

From the Fed meeting today, as reported in the NY Times:

Mr. Bernanke also mentioned the possibility that the Fed could extend its existing prediction that it would hold its benchmark interest rate near zero at least until late 2014. The Fed made that prediction in January, when it extended an earlier prediction that rates would remain near zero at least until mid-2013.
That tells me that BD will remain the repository for my cash, most likely.

And, as it's now been August for 12 hours (here), let me be the first to say: Where are my miles?!?!?!? Is BD going bankrupt? Why haven't they posted?;)

Alfonso XIV Aug 1, 2012 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215 (Post 19041612)
. . . how long for Bankdirect to post the miles?

They will show up on the BD site within 2 to 5 business days. They will show up in your AAdvantage account within 3 to 10 business days.

They will show up.

Moderators should have a sticky at the top of this thread that says:
  • Bankdirect miles have never failed to be deposited into AAdvantage accounts.
  • It isn't necessary to ask every month when miles will post, to either the BD or AA site.
  • It isn't necessary to announce every month that your miles have posted.

Bankdirect miles will show up in your AA account, just not on a perfectly predictable timetable.

The_Wrath_of_Khan Aug 1, 2012 3:30 pm

I am sure it has been mentioned somewhere in the previous pages, but I had not come across it:

Bonus miles for direct deposit/check card spending/etc post out of cycle. I received my 10,000 bonus points a few days after qualifying and contact BD about my qualification.

mikeef Aug 6, 2012 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 19041704)
From the Fed meeting today, as reported in the NY Times:

That tells me that BD will remain the repository for my cash, most likely.

And, as it's now been August for 12 hours (here), let me be the first to say: Where are my miles?!?!?!? Is BD going bankrupt? Why haven't they posted?;)

Alas, that quote from the Fed may be your downfall, too. Banks can only lend out at low rates and pay miles (essentially, above average rates, considering that BD has to buy the miles) for so long. I don't know what the parent's capital position is, so if Daddy needs the deposits on the books, that would help.

Note: Do not infer anything from the above paragraph. I have no knowledge of the end of the mileage program. Thank you for your understanding.

Mike

The_Wrath_of_Khan Aug 8, 2012 7:08 am

It's past that time of month already...

scubadu Aug 8, 2012 8:13 am

Originally Posted by keirnna (Post 19081065)

Indeed, we should definitely queue up the hysteria.

Thanks for kicking things off!

Regards

jss Aug 8, 2012 8:20 am

For the record I have no concerns whatosever re BD financial stability, miles posting, etc....

I am curious though why what use to take 2 business day to process--now seems to take a week or more. Wondering what changed in the mechanism they use to post the AA miles.

pcharles Aug 8, 2012 10:30 am

Originally Posted by keirnna (Post 19081065)

Its exactly the same as last month, the 8th.

Originally Posted by scubadu (Post 19081434)
Indeed, we should definitely queue up the hysteria.

Thanks for kicking things off!

Regards

I know, crikey josephstern would you quit keep asking me every day where your miles are, when are they gonna post, do you think the program has ended.... :D

josephstern Aug 8, 2012 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles (Post 19082409)
Its exactly the same as last month, the 8th.

I know, crikey josephstern would you quit keep asking me every day where your miles are, when are they gonna post, do you think the program has ended.... :D

It's a little post-complain here. Now, instead of saying "where are my miles" we all say "I'm not worried. I'm sure my miles will post."

Oh - and, for the record, my miles are now showing in the BD "review earned miles" area:

Code:

Checking Balance        08/08/2012