FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1047553-questions-bankdirect-now-bask-bank-consolidated.html)

needmomile Apr 8, 2010 8:48 pm

I opened an account in late Feb but haven't received a paper statement yet. I don't believe they have online statement. Do they send out paper statement? If yes, have anyone received March statement yet?

mangoMan Apr 9, 2010 1:51 pm

I receive paper statements. Also, you can pull online statements too, just click on the account and then at the top of the screen there is a pull down menu showing various options for displaying transactions.

gezzuzz Apr 9, 2010 3:21 pm

i had a bankdirect account for 3 months.. i did receive the 2000 miles for opening the account i never got any from balance.. i started with $3000 the first month.. and was at $8700 the next month.. i closed my account after the 3 month min.. should of got atleast 1400 more miles

josephstern Apr 9, 2010 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by gezzuzz (Post 13742079)
i had a bankdirect account for 3 months.. i did receive the 2000 miles for opening the account i never got any from balance.. i started with $3000 the first month.. and was at $8700 the next month.. i closed my account after the 3 month min.. should of got atleast 1400 more miles

I'm having some problems there also. Historically, they were decent. I think it's time to move my cash over to Guaranty or whatever it's called now. Fortunately, I opened an account there before they stopped the program.

I can understand that BankDirect doesn't want to give out these miles since it's financially ridiculous, but then they should stop the program, not give bad customer service.

mia Apr 9, 2010 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 13742131)
I can understand that BankDirect doesn't want to give out these miles...

I have had no problems with BankDirect miles posting at the beginning of each calendar month. What type of problems have you had which support the conclusion that they don't want to award miles?

josephstern Apr 9, 2010 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 13742156)
I have had no problems with BankDirect miles posting at the beginning of each calendar month. What type of problems have you had which support the conclusion that they don't want to award miles?

No referral credits for me.

The two people I've referred haven't gotten their miles posted, or opening bonuses, or referral credits.

The earned miles shown on both of their accounts have not posted to AA.

UA Fan Apr 9, 2010 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by DeirdreTours (Post 13486778)
Do you earn enough AA miles to make it worth forgoing the 2.2%-2.25% interest that is widely available from banks and credit unions?

I would be thrilled beyond measure to find 2% on checking/savings currently. Mr. Tours and I just plunked our cash in BankDirect for miles as we can't find a rate even approaching 1% right now.......

checkingfinder.com

awb824 Apr 9, 2010 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 13742231)
No referral credits for me.

The two people I've referred haven't gotten their miles posted, or opening bonuses, or referral credits.

The earned miles shown on both of their accounts have not posted to AA.

You need to call or email them. I have had accounts with them for almost four years and only had one month not post. They had some issues that month. I emailed them and they posted those miles. They almost always post the 2nd or 3rd day of the month.

josephstern Apr 9, 2010 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by awb824 (Post 13743291)
You need to call or email them. I have had accounts with them for almost four years and only had one month not post. They had some issues that month. I emailed them and they posted those miles. They almost always post the 2nd or 3rd day of the month.

I put in a message. They claim the miles (not the referrals) posted. I'll wait a bit. I truly hate this kind of nonsense, so I'm not eager to have an issue with them.

THECLIPPERS Apr 9, 2010 10:28 pm

Opened account on March 2 and got the following bonus miles already:

04/02/10 AVG CHECKING BAL 25,000 0 25,000
03/15/10 NEW CUSTOMER REFERRAL 1,000 0 1,000
03/15/10 CHECKING ACCT OPENED 1,000 0 1,000

garimell Apr 9, 2010 10:59 pm

I've had a fairly positive experience with BankDirect thus far. Opened the account in mid-February and this is what I got so far:

Total Miles Description Date Processed
1000 Opened Checking 04/02/2010
1000 Refer-a-Friend (was referred) 04/02/2010
2819 Checking Balance 04/02/2010
5000 Direct Deposit 03/15/2010
1157 Checking Balance 03/02/2010

You'd notice that the 1,000 miles each for opening the a/c and for getting referred did indeed take more than a month to post and this was after a brief email exchange with customer service (who are incidentally extremely prompt!)

And, I've been seeing the miles on my AA account within a couple of days after the BD processing date above.

show_me_the_points Apr 22, 2010 8:08 am

I am having an issue with Bankdirect where I opened a Mileage Money Market Plus online, but they opened a non-mileage checking account instead. I really doubt I would have checked that account when opening it online. I suspect it is some bug with their online account opening process.

Has this happened to anyone else , if so could you PM me?

ExitRowAisle May 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Direct Deposit Questions

Absent making changes to my payroll (which I'd prefer not having to do), what has definitively worked for other people to meet the direct deposit requirement for BankDirect?

To originally fund my BD account, I did several EFT "pushes" into BD from another bank, but it does not appear that BD recognizes those as "direct deposits." They were for dramatically different amounts over a short period of time (3 EFTs within 10 days). Do I need to space some EFT "pushes" out so that they hit my BD account every 2 weeks for the same amount? Is BD sophisticated enough to know that an EFT from another bank is not a direct deposit?

Also, since I have had my BD account open for approximately 2 months, am I beyond the point in time where BD will give me the 5k AA bonus for setting up a direct deposit?

garimell May 13, 2010 3:34 pm

ExitRowAisle, not sure about the EFT <==> DD part but, atleast for me, the posting of the 5k miles for DD wasn't automatic - after waiting about a month after the first DD txn, I pinged their customer support by email and voila, they posted the miles right after.

koctail May 14, 2010 10:48 am

Fees

I'm considering signing up. What about fees. Do they charge a fee if you don't carry a certain $ balance? Or other hidden fees? The reason I ask is I asked about transfers and this was the answer they gave me.

"BankDirect is a receiver. We would be able receive a wire from an institution and you would be able to wire out. There is a fee($15) for outgoing wires. You can mail in your deposits, we do have prepaid postage envelopes available that we can provide. Please contact us at 1-877-839-2737 if you need further assistance."