Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: funnyfarm299
Miles usually post on Bask website on the second business day of the month, to AA a day or 2 later.

Check the "Rewards" section of your Bask dashboard or the Recent Activity section of your AA account.

Current earn rate as of June 2023: 2.5 miles/dollar/year, awarded monthly (no LP's).
Print Wikipost

Questions on BankDirect, now Bask Bank (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2023, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by liw5215
Update 5/1/23: The Bask Bank Mileage Savings Account now earns 2.5 Miles per $1 Saved Annually.
Not bad at all.

Savings is up to 4.75% Annual Percentage Yield (APY).
Old May 1, 2023, 8:32 pm

I have an active interest account with Bask, and a miles account with zero balance. If I put $100 into the miles account, would that keep my miles from expiring? The AAdvantage account currently shows a November 2023 expiration.
Old May 1, 2023, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by rove312
I have an active interest account with Bask, and a miles account with zero balance. If I put $100 into the miles account, would that keep my miles from expiring? The AAdvantage account currently shows a November 2023 expiration.
I doubt it. Maybe. (Probable earnings of twenty AA miles/month.)

There are easier ways to keep AA miles from expiring.

Last edited by guv1976; May 1, 2023 at 11:04 pm
Old May 1, 2023, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Based on the following from the AA website, I would expect your strategy to work:
Just earn or redeem miles on American or with an AAdvantage® partner at least once every 24 months. We’ll automatically extend your mileage expiration date 24 months from the date of your most recent qualifying activity.
Old May 1, 2023, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
(Deleted.)
​​​​​​
Old May 2, 2023, 5:03 am

Yes it will. It will work even if you receive one mile.
njvandy likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm pretty sure it would work. In fact, I don't see any reason at all why it wouldn't. Activity is activity. I've extended miles expirations on plenty of programs over the years with a small shopping purchase from a mileage portal that has amounted to only a few miles and that's always been fine.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:50 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Not alarmist, curious, wondering if it’s just me or everyone. My Bask miles posted on the Bask website as expected last Friday June 2nd. Usually post to AA within 1-2 days but bupkis thus far this month. Anyone else in the same boat? Thank you.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Not alarmist, curious, wondering if it’s just me or everyone. My Bask miles posted on the Bask website as expected last Friday June 2nd. Usually post to AA within 1-2 days but bupkis thus far this month. Anyone else in the same boat? Thank you.
Same for me. Hoping they sort it out soon.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I’ve had a Bask account since Bask opened in November 2019. Miles usually post to Bask website account information near or shortly after the end of the second business day of the month, post to AA website account information a day or 2 later Once or twice a year there’s a delay of a few days for one or the other, with AA delays more common. Hopefully this is one of those once or twice a year and not the sky falling .
Old Jun 6, 2023, 8:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... posted on the Bask website as expected last Friday June 2nd. Usually post to AA within 1-2 days but bupkis thus far this month. Anyone else in the same boat?
Bask Bank says that miles will post by the 5th business day of the month, which will be tomorrow.

Same discussion in March.
Dr Jabadski and Flyinglotus like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by mia
Bask Bank says that miles will post by the 5th business day of the month…
but 83-92% (once or twice a year) it’s sooner thus it’s a valid concern when they don’t post “sooner”. Kinda like a credit card bonus or award which is stated to post in 6-8-12 weeks but usually posts (much) sooner and many people would be concerned if it didn’t post sooner.

Originally Posted by mia
… Same discussion in March.
which makes this time the second, and with any luck, the last of the year .
Old Jun 6, 2023, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MRT Lifetime Titanium Elite, UAL, DL, SPG

Ditto - I'm seeing the same thing. Just need to be patient I guess.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 4:09 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Bask miles posted this morning. Ive decided to switch to a Bask interest account for a while.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 7:57 am

Me too, they're here* (in my AA account). Thank you Bask Bank.

(* "They're heeeere!" This line is spoken by Carol Anne, played by Heather O'Rourke, in the movie Poltergeist (1982). Still rating pretty high on the creepy scale, …)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.